2021/22 season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight Matthew we're gunna be a battering the Ewood park mob (Blackburn) Wishful thinking. But someone has to remain hopeful eh lol. It will be a tough game but if we keep our heads down and work hard there's no reason why we can't bag all 3 points.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My hopefulness paid off. We eventually won 3-2. We scored first then they equalised and we scored again and they equalised again which at this point I thought here we go again but alas my fears were dispelled when we bagged the winner 6 mins from time. Still remain in 7th place 4 goals behind Blackburn. Happy days. :singing::singing: Next up is a trip to Luton on Saturday.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We’re playing some horrendous stuff of late

For some reason and I believe it has something to do with finances (again!) There are a lot of teams playing some awful stuff, strikers have gone to the National League, because of higher wages and better contracts.
We have played some dreadful stuff!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trip to Luton for our lads this afternoon. Hopefully bag 3 points. Hope everyone else's team wins today. Stay safe if you are going to a match and wrap up well its chilly now.

Reactions: zand and Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
0-0 draw yesterday. Both sides had chances but it wasn't to be. It keeps us in 7th place so hey ho that's not bad. Internationals next week so we get a rest. Next game is Saturday 16th Home to Hull.

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Arsenal were dire again. Not sure which was worse, the weather or the performance. We missed Xhaka in the midfield. Didn't seem like we had a midfield for most of the time yesterday. Lucky to get a point.

Pretty fed up with the behaviour of fans this season. For the first time ever in my life I walked into the ladies loo and there were 2 young guys there vaping. No stewards to tell and when I asked why they were in there they said sorry but continued to stay. Then there's flares and glass bottles beng brought into the ground. They don't go to watch the game, they go to see how many laws/rules they can break. Now I kinda get that with young lads, but at one match my son came out of the loo and said "there's this guy in there having a crafty smoke. I looked at him and thought 'Have you looked in the mirror mate, here you are in your 50s and still needing to rebel, pathetic! "

On a brighter note Leeds got their first win of the season by beating Watford 1-0. Sounds like Watford were unlucky. Still it has doubled our points now.

Then there's FGRs 2-0 win at Carlisle so we are still top of the table. :)Sorry @Cumberland

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We won a hard battle 2-1with both goals scored by a centre half.
It puts us closer to a play off place.
Again, though the strikers were off the pace again. We are getting away with not having a goal scorer.

Colchester, Friday night.

@zand have been to some non league grounds and a couple in the league were the toilets were disgusting. Our own toilets in the main stand were built in 1962. And the away stand is nearly thirty years old, and been trashed a few times! For the paddock both toilets are outside of the stand, and freezing even in summer. And the roof leaks!
The disabled toilet is also the baby changing room and freezing. Don't see many mums with babies in the paddock, it was once called the family stand. My youngest had his first taste of how decent we were in the nineties, it was the semi finals in (two legs) the league cup v Aston vanilla @ PP. We won 3-1, what a great night . However we lost on pens @ Villa. It was one of the biggest refereeing performances in our history. We was robbed!

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We won a hard battle 2-1with both goals scored by a centre half.
It puts us closer to a play off place.
Again, though the strikers were off the pace again. We are getting away with not having a goal scorer.

Colchester, Friday night.

@zand have been to some non league grounds and a couple in the league were the toilets were disgusting. Our own toilets in the main stand were built in 1962. And the away stand is nearly thirty years old, and been trashed a few times! For the paddock both toilets are outside of the stand, and freezing even in summer. And the roof leaks!
The disabled toilet is also the baby changing room and freezing. Don't see many mums with babies in the paddock, it was once called the family stand. My youngest had his first taste of how decent we were in the nineties, it was the semi finals in (two legs) the league cup v Aston vanilla @ PP. We won 3-1, what a great night . However we lost on pens @ Villa. It was one of the biggest refereeing performances in our history. We was robbed!
Went to Kettering when Harvey was FGR manager. Worst loos I have ever seen plus standing on a slope for a couple of hours to watch the game didn't do my back any good.
But if the club can't afford good loos that's one thing, fans breaking rules and laws just because they can is another.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Went to Kettering when Harvey was FGR manager. Worst loos I have ever seen plus standing on a slope for a couple of hours to watch the game didn't do my back any good.
But if the club can't afford good loos that's one thing, fans breaking rules and laws just because they can is another.

I'm not going to give experience of what you are saying. But for some reason, from what I've seen and heard, it's like a bottle of champagne! (Bear with!)
Most supporters who have travelled around on away trips suffered from the pandemic. Being deprived of live footie is a crime! Champagne has to sit a while before someone buys it. So when these are both released, it bubbles over and makes a bit of a mess.
Then there is the total idiots. That is why there are so many police on duty. They know the regular away supporters, and the police liaison officer, is usually clued up.
We have a number of retired police officers, (high ranking) who now organise stewards and the few police we have!

We are known to have more than a few idiots that are banned!
Probably because of the area we live in! But that should not be an excuse!

The amount of police required for Anfield this afternoon will be a couple of hundred. Dogs, horses and riot equipment..... and yes! I have experienced this as a supporter!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not going to give experience of what you are saying. But for some reason, from what I've seen and heard, it's like a bottle of champagne! (Bear with!)
Most supporters who have travelled around on away trips suffered from the pandemic. Being deprived of live footie is a crime! Champagne has to sit a while before someone buys it. So when these are both released, it bubbles over and makes a bit of a mess.
Then there is the total idiots. That is why there are so many police on duty. They know the regular away supporters, and the police liaison officer, is usually clued up.
We have a number of retired police officers, (high ranking) who now organise stewards and the few police we have!

We are known to have more than a few idiots that are banned!
Probably because of the area we live in! But that should not be an excuse!

The amount of police required for Anfield this afternoon will be a couple of hundred. Dogs, horses and riot equipment..... and yes! I have experienced this as a supporter!

The most police I have ever seen on the way to and during a footie match were at Red Star Belgrade, also Galatasary. First time I had seen a water cannon in action too lol.

Reactions: Johnboy412

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The most police I have ever seen on the way to and during a footie match were at Red Star Belgrade, also Galatasary. First time I had seen a water cannon in action too lol.

The most was Cardiff, at Ninian Park about twenty years ago. First time I have seen dogs and horses with armour on! Went to Vitesse Arnhem just after their new stadium was built. Impressed with the fans and the staff.
The least number was Bromley, Woking or Maidstone, or Maidenhead. Didn't need any, just our usual travelling police for our idiots. At North Ferriby, on a Tuesday night, they had underestimated the numbers coming from Rovers. They didn't have any on duty and had to get a van full from Hull. The villagers were not happy, the four volunteers on duty, were running around like headless chickens.
They couldn't cope with the National league and went down that season. A pity, nice ground, nice village and nice big fish from the nice chippie, nice view of the Humber Bridge and an awful lot of trains coming and going from the docks at Hull.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks John.

2-0 at Salford in the pizza cup. Unless we get beat by a lot of goals in our last game, we are through to the open next round, it will still be separated north and south.

Colchester Friday night at PP!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Friday night at PP!
We actually played some good stuff and won 2-0.
Great atmosphere, (I could hear it from my garden!)
Happy about that.
Clarke our central defender is now top scorer.
Over 6000, last night.

FGR 0-0 half time.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
England's turn tonight. Can they beat Andorra? Lets hope so.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There will be an inquest if they don't and there would be the end of some international careers for some.
At least 5-0 mate!