What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 7 FBG 7.2 - A peaceful day as youngest was kept at home to work so just eldest with me. Went to visit SIL in the afternoon then took son shopping for bits and Bobs.

B.TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with crowdie.
L. Cup of black tea with SIL and a DGF cookie.
D. SLC hot dog with ketchup, mustard, soft and crispy onion. Mini bar of lidl chocolate which upset my innards again.

Saturday bed 6.2 FBG 7

B. TAG and 2 M&S crackers with crowdie. No time for anything else as jujitsu started again so up and away early.
L. Black tea and 2 slices of SLC toast with Philly before heading out to get click & collect order at Sainsburys (efficient as ever) and a quick visit to the big M&S as well. @mrs A2 I managed to get 1 packet of the wheaten, cheesy with poppy seeds were sold out but they did have a sourdough cracker (2.6g per cracker) but it is very hard. One to watch with your teeth.
D. Usual cold meats. Slice each ox tongue, pork, mini German sausage, coronation chicken, roast beef. Waldorf salad, Coleslaw, santini tomatoes, mozzarella. Mix of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries with a spoonful of extra thick cream.

Sunday bed 7.3 FBG 7.1

Swimming lesson day. Eldest has decided he'll swim with me or Mum but no more lessons. He's the eldest in his group and the best swimmer. I suspect it's an age thing. At least he's back at jujitsu. He says he'll still come to help with bags and his brother (who is getting worse!)

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing at swimming
D. A concoction of red onion, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, sprouting cauliflower, chopoed corn on the cob. A mix of fish too, smoked cod, trout, scallops, squid and prawns. Sauce was stock, mirin, Tamari soy, garlic and chilli. All rather nice but too much! Later more of the Berry mix with a spoonful of cream.

Little brother has been a nightmare. I was glad of eldest's help.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
11.45am - 3 eggs scrambled with grated cheese melted and mixed in, also 2 slices slc bread toasted and buttered. Mug of earl grey tea

8pm (working backshift) - 1 slc roll buttered & filled with turkey. 1 prawn cocktail (which was out of date today so used up). 1 85% dark chocolate moser roth aldi bar to keep my energy up :hungry:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon sandwich
Lunch: finished off the fried eggs Emily asked for - she just used the yolks to dip her bacon into and I wasn't prepared to throw the remainder away.
Evening meal: I've taken some steak and kidney out of the freezer so I'll just heat that through.

Em wants to come for a sleep-over tomorrow evening to Thursday. Not sure how that will fit into DIL's plans but I've promised that she can come when it fits with family plans. She's been here all afternoon today - phoned to see if she could come up to see me and I told her 12 o'clock. She decided to walk up (only about half a mile) and arrived at 11.15. I'm not really able to walk around the local shop at present, so I took her to the shop in the car and waited outside while she went in to restock the "goodies" drawer. I don't think it will do any harm to let her go "shopping" by herself. She needs to understand what money buys. At present she is quite unaware of its value. But she is generous - she was prepared to put her £10 spending money into a charity box recently. I persuaded her to change the £10 note for 2 £5's and only donate half. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I was pretty sure she had no idea of the value of the note she had.

Got my invitation for my flu jab and the 3rd covid one on Friday. I was wondering if they would remember me this time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Before I forget to ask - what’s crowdie @ maglil55 ?
Today brunch at 11am- smoked salmon with a spoon of cream cheese, h/b egg 1/2 avocado and sauerkraut.
5pm a very odd leftovers type meal. Walnuts and olives then the remains of Sunday’s parmesan creamed cabbage, some fried mushrooms and asparagus way past their sell by and looking very tired. 2 airfried chicken drumsticks. Lastly a DGF salted caramel blondie and a large pot of tea to sit down with.

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Before I forget to ask - what’s crowdie @ maglil55 ?
Today brunch at 11am- smoked salmon with a spoon of cream cheese, h/b egg 1/2 avocado and sauerkraut.
5pm a very odd leftovers type meal. Walnuts and olives then the remains of Sunday’s parmesan creamed cabbage, some fried mushrooms and asparagus way past their sell by and looking very tired. 2 airfried chicken drumsticks. Lastly a DGF salted caramel blondie and a large pot of tea to sit down with.

Crowdie is soft white cheese, Scottish. Very nice.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
Exercise class, meeting and shower meant a later than usual lunch on the run of a chicken leg, a sliver of manchego, some marmite almonds and 3 of the fatbomb thingies I made yesterday from leftovers (won't bother with them again)
Dancing
D: cauliflower cheese with 2 x Heck 97%. 2 glasses of a supposedly sugar free kombucha, tastes sickeningly sweet though. Tested 2hrs at 6.5 though

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to see Mum today and forgot to take food with me. She’s in a care home now so no food in her house, at least nothing suitable for LC anyway. So on the hoof food purchased in the local corner shop who came up with a few suitable choices.
Breakfast at home: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: black coffee, cocktail sausages, an individual portion of cheddar and a Carb Killa bar
Mid afternoon: black coffee and some Lindt dark chocolate.
Dinner back home: scrambled egg on Marmite LC toast followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast just coffee- another rushing out early day
Lunch 6 m and s crackers with small pack of Waitrose mackerel pate - out of date yesterday so had to eat! Tasted good still though and whole packet was less than 2 carbs followed by fage 0% yoghurt and hm berry purée
Mid pm DGF millionaires shortbread
Dinner pork shoulder and salads followed by DGF brownie and pot of tea to accompany Bake Off which I’m really enjoying this year.
Planning on breakfast next few days but good to change things round a bit.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and pot of tea to accompany Bake Off which I’m really enjoying this year.
Same here. Didn't enjoy Bake off last year, my first with diabetes as it just showed me everything I couldn't eat any more. This year I'm looking through different eyes. I don't want any of the food (well maybe the odd taste) but like the challenge and competition. Maybe I am fat adapted and cured of carb addiction after all.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did not eat much for breakfast as feeling crook, couple of pieces of vegimite on low carb toast was about my lot.
Half a tub of high protein greek yoghurt, cordial with added goodness init for smoko.
A tin of beef and veggie stew and a couple of slices of bread, for lunch.
Some various cheeses, cherry tomatoes and a bit of limp lettuce for supper at six.

I will ask the Blue Care nurse why I feel like **** when she comes to dress my leg this morning, I hope this is not a foretaste of things to come

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner pork shoulder and salads followed by DGF brownie and pot of tea to accompany Bake Off which I’m really enjoying this year.
Ooooh, I'm going to see if I can watch the newest episode as well already! Found some website where I can watch it despite not being in the UK :)
I always have a bit of a hard time with bread week, but we've had that one already so I should be fine!
I will ask the Blue Care nurse why I feel like **** when she comes to dress my leg this morning, I hope this is not a foretaste of things to come
I'm hoping with you!

No cooking day today!
Slice of low carb bread with lots of grated celeriac, mayonnaise and salt and pepper, and another slice with a fried egg with Turkish sucuk sausage and cheese. :hungry:

245090457_10224431617732341_5632634343731185538_n.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooooh, I'm going to see if I can watch the newest episode as well already! Found some website where I can watch it despite not being in the UK :)
I always have a bit of a hard time with bread week, but we've had that one already so I should be fine!

I'm hoping with you!

No cooking day today!
Slice of low carb bread with lots of grated celeriac, mayonnaise and salt and pepper, and another slice with a fried egg with Turkish sucuk sausage and cheese. :hungry:

245090457_10224431617732341_5632634343731185538_n.jpg

Whenever you mention grated celeriac with mayonnaise, I always think it’s exactly the sort of thing I’d like and I tell myself not to forget to try it. I always do forget though so please feel free to mention it often and at random intervals to remind me.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Whenever you mention grated celeriac with mayonnaise, I always think it’s exactly the sort of thing I’d like and I tell myself not to forget to try it. I always do forget though so please feel free to mention it often and at random intervals to remind me.
Will do!
And a free tip for everyone who thinks peeling a celeriac is daunting: Just cut thick slices first with a large knife. The slices are as easy to peel and grate as an apple. :)
Ooooh, I'm going to see if I can watch the newest episode as well already!
Not yet there :(
Will try again tomorrow :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The nurse said I have a bit of an infection (not that pseudomonas whatever the last bit is) in my leg and to see my GP, she does not think it needs the emergency dept again though.

Glad to hear it, hopefully the GP can sort you out with some antibiotics ASAP.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The nurse said I have a bit of an infection (not that pseudomonas whatever the last bit is) in my leg and to see my GP, she does not think it needs the emergency dept again though.

Glad to hear that it should improve with treatment.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and egg as usual - dietician thinks this is too much processed meat but from myu point of view - that's better than the toast she thinks would be better. I wonder if processed fish is as bad as processed meat (smoked haddock or mackerel with fried egg).

2nd meal: depends on whether Em comes back today for her sleep-over. If she does, it will be chicken but if she doesn't, I'll keep the chicken for tomorrow when she probably will come. And I'll have one of the last pots of beef ragout. There are a couple more pots of steak and kidney in the freezer, but on last night's performance I may as well just throw them straight out.

My brother tells me that he hasn't heard officially about the result of his biopsy but that he spoke to the surgeon who told him that there is no trace of cancer in his ex-kidney. The growth was just a benign growth and there was not a trace of cancer in the peripheral material they took "just in case". Hurrah! Great result. Now to deal with the aorta issue.

Neil has finally given in and made an appointment to see a doctor about his sore shoulder (he was lifting his arm with the other hand this morning) because it is just getting worse. If it was a strained ligament, which he thought, it would be getting better, not worse. I think it dates back a few months now, to when he and his brother took out a wood burning stove and sat it out in the back "yard" to be sold. Then, of course, he helped the buyer get it into their vehicle which was a high, flat bed truck, so they had to lift it to almost his shoulder height. He just isn't the spring chicken he once was, unfortunately. At 54 he is getting to be middle aged. Even his younger brother is almost the oldest postie in their office. I had to laugh the other day when my cleaner discovered his age and was astonished that he is actually older than her mother! To be honest, neither of my sons look as old as other 50 year olds that we see around the place, or on TV. But they are both beginning to feel the years now.