What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s another wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken licken came home to roost at 5.4 this am

Well the MOT debacle was a mere damp squib and late as it was, a shiny new virtual pass certificate appeared on the DVLA website for all to read and to download and even print off if you have the secret V5 number. The wonders of the interweb - but do print one off darling, once can’t be too careful. Heart attack, or was it panic attack? My rather large and not yet completed alcohol xylophone disappeared yesterday. Luckily I spotted it peeping sheepishly out of a packing box - “Don’t seal that box” was the order of the day - never mind dragging up that ‘England expects …” nonsense, that is on 21st - this is serious stuff.
Breakfast - or possibly brunch - with daughter on the cards today and of course the delights of the girl in the bubble, up and coming font of all knowledge who can now interject with the words ‘yes’ and ‘no’ into any polite conversation within earshot. She will be 2 at the end of this month.
Art bit - after the artist Fu Baoshi who brought Japanese visual elements to the Chinese ink painting tradition. I think it’s the weekend for some folk who work - have a smashing day whatever you are doing. I shall begin be initiating the ceremony of the cafetière.

View attachment 51611
I like this @dunelm and I am off to Google Fu Baoshi...

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
We've just had our morning cuppa after doing my 2000 steps in the garden.
Very cold and cloudy today I have been watching birds feed through patio window. Very active Nuthatches this am..could be three individuals also G.S.Woodpeckers and a Tree Creeper is coming each day showing off its tree bark upper parts.
Geese coming over in distance.

Off to local cottage hospital later this am, the duchess gets her third jab...Pfizer this time not AZ.
Have a great day all of you and don't forget to share your toys and sweets! :)
D.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks @ianpspurs
I also call it a clothes horse, or at least the wooden one I do.
So, I went to Google for meanings and stuff. And Google threw this at me...

It wouldn't let me post a link which gives all round explanation photos of this, so here is a screenshot.
View attachment 51612

I would get completely entangled putting that up ...give me a simple clothes horse any day..
It's the coronal mass ejections that would bother me!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I d'loike to be 'elpful Miss Doyanne so here's something fitbit sent me. Colour me sceptical the moment the word mindfulness appears but there may be things herein that are helpful or could be adapted. The writing out and ripping up is appealing to me - delete is more "now." If it is no use, don't mock the afflicted. It is not big or clever.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

His Lordship and I were hoping to go in the garden yesterday in the sun, but AH neighbour had his screaming/grinding/drilling machinery going. It was so loud as if it were taking place in my head working on my skull and teeth. I took my hearing processor off, otherwise I would have been a manic Jack Nicholson...but Popeye was visibly disturbed at the noise. So we came in, shut all windows from the incessant screaming machinery. And retreated to the furthest part of my bungalow away from it.

This AH neighbour is in his mid 70's. How can he keep this up on a daily basis since March this year. And he still hasn't moved in. The bungalow of empty of people, unless he has a secret basement...

And yes, I have reported it to the council. This is a residential area. I have no idea what the guy is actually doing because of his Fort Knox fence. This exceeds acceptable noise levels, and I am a profoundly deaf person now unable to wear my cochlear hearing processor in my garden.

Creative stuff...
A murmuration of starlings landed on my roof and garden, demolishing the small bird feeders. And an Alfred Hitchcock movie is developing in my head..."The Revenge of the Starlings (on AH Neighbour)", and I have got as far as the starlings pecking his flesh clean and standing triumphant pecking out his eyes. Sorry if this is a gruesome image.
Okay back to creative stuff. I grabbed my Pixel phone and shot a few pictures through my dirty windows, and then moments later they vanished. These are not very good pictures, the starlings took me by surprise, and the last pic (bottom right) shows a wee little sparrow worried about the demolishment by the starlings of his suet balls.

I had difficulty making a collage of these. The Pixel screen is so tiny, that I needed a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers to move those pics around in the collage...you can see I have made a bit of a mess of this...

DD8F90F0-B6BF-48DC-8AB8-F057B4A81B9A.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings on Trinity plus 20 which arrived sharpish this year. Must be the effect of becoming a decrepit OAP in June. Never used to be this way. Pointillism and fbg - I'm thinking of hosting a webinar - only thinking so chillax. 5.2 on Swipey - won't change the numbers however I feel about that. Like the rest of us, I'll have another go today. Of course, significant variables will make comparisons meaningless. Don't tell anyone that though, let them figure it out themselves. Flu jab and the return of my dear wife yesterday - both will impact me today but how I wonder? Two grandchildren visiting this morning:woot: although a risk analysis would probably mean the event is uninsurable. @gennepher hug for the AH neighbour with the Duracel Bunny work ethic but winner for all the fartnarkling behind that creative. Psalm 137 vs 1-6 reminded me of this - no need to be S Holmes Esq to see the resonance in me bonce. Actually been an earworm for some time now. Great chune so believer or not shake ya booty. Never do today what can be put off until tomorrow:angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Looks like a wet and dark morning outside today. After YouTube communion with the local Methodist church it will be a day for doing inside things.

There is no way it will be grape juice for us!
I don't think the early Christians used non alcoholic fruit juice!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is no way it will be grape juice for us!
I don't think the early Christians used non alcoholic fruit juice!
Tied the Baptists in my village in knots did that. Y'all enjoy the service in the comfort of your own home. I think COVID has been a boon for bringing Christian worship to people "where they are." Anyone know if other faiths have used online?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Feel really lazy this morning. We are off to Gooderstone Water Gardens later this morning. Hopefully the cafe hasn't closed for the winter. We are looking forward to seeing the autumnal colours.

@gennepher I do like your idea of ..."The Revenge of the Starlings (on AH Neighbour)"

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tied the Baptists in my village in knots did that. Y'all enjoy the service in the comfort of your own home. I think COVID has been a boon for bringing Christian worship to people "where they are." Anyone know if other faiths have used online?
Yes, the Methodists in our local church and the United Reformed church in Norwich have both used online.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings on Trinity plus 20 which arrived sharpish this year. Must be the effect of becoming a decrepit OAP in June. Never used to be this way. Pointillism and fbg - I'm thinking of hosting a webinar - only thinking so chillax. 5.2 on Swipey - won't change the numbers however I feel about that. Like the rest of us, I'll have another go today. Of course, significant variables will make comparisons meaningless. Don't tell anyone that though, let them figure it out themselves. Flu jab and the return of my dear wife yesterday - both will impact me today but how I wonder? Two grandchildren visiting this morning:woot: although a risk analysis would probably mean the event is uninsurable. @gennepher hug for the AH neighbour with the Duracel Bunny work ethic but winner for all the fartnarkling behind that creative. Psalm 137 vs 1-6 reminded me of this - no need to be S Holmes Esq to see the resonance in me bonce. Actually been an earworm for some time now. Great chune so believer or not shake ya booty. Never do today what can be put off until tomorrow:angelic:
Thanks very much @ianpspurs for that YouTube link.
I am always looking for subtitles/captions as the performers are performing.
There is a whole pile on that channel.
And it is useful for me to learn how the words go with the sounds, and being able to lipread at the same time. I will be learning all this the rest of my life...

'Duracel Bunny work ethic' !!!
His batteries have to run down one day...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. Feel really lazy this morning. We are off to Gooderstone Water Gardens later this morning. Hopefully the cafe hasn't closed for the winter. We are looking forward to seeing the autumnal colours.

@gennepher I do like your idea of ..."The Revenge of the Starlings (on AH Neighbour)"
Enjoy your day @Krystyna23040
And I hope the cafe stays open for you...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

His Lordship and I were hoping to go in the garden yesterday in the sun, but AH neighbour had his screaming/grinding/drilling machinery going. It was so loud as if it were taking place in my head working on my skull and teeth. I took my hearing processor off, otherwise I would have been a manic Jack Nicholson...but Popeye was visibly disturbed at the noise. So we came in, shut all windows from the incessant screaming machinery. And retreated to the furthest part of my bungalow away from it.

This AH neighbour is in his mid 70's. How can he keep this up on a daily basis since March this year. And he still hasn't moved in. The bungalow of empty of people, unless he has a secret basement...

And yes, I have reported it to the council. This is a residential area. I have no idea what the guy is actually doing because of his Fort Knox fence. This exceeds acceptable noise levels, and I am a profoundly deaf person now unable to wear my cochlear hearing processor in my garden.

Creative stuff...
A murmuration of starlings landed on my roof and garden, demolishing the small bird feeders. And an Alfred Hitchcock movie is developing in my head..."The Revenge of the Starlings (on AH Neighbour)", and I have got as far as the starlings pecking his flesh clean and standing triumphant pecking out his eyes. Sorry if this is a gruesome image.
Okay back to creative stuff. I grabbed my Pixel phone and shot a few pictures through my dirty windows, and then moments later they vanished. These are not very good pictures, the starlings took me by surprise, and the last pic (bottom right) shows a wee little sparrow worried about the demolishment by the starlings of his suet balls.

I had difficulty making a collage of these. The Pixel screen is so tiny, that I needed a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers to move those pics around in the collage...you can see I have made a bit of a mess of this...

View attachment 51626
What a palaver with fortress AH neighbor but a clear winner for re-organising the day in your favour and producing the murmuration collage

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a rather late start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made chicken penicillin soup with FibreFlour bread came home at 5.3 this am

The girl in the bubble stayed over last night because mummy needed to get some sleep. As is always the case, she went to bed at 1930 and did not stir until 0830. Don’t tell mummy thought, pretend to be whacked out - it’s joining in. She is sat next to me in her high chair on her second bowl of Cheerios (the bowl is not that big but big enough to alternate between hand and spoon). Having an infant demonstrated quite effectively why carpets in dining rooms are a terrible idea.
I think that Mrs Miggins is going over to the little house on the prairie this morning to tinker about and also take some household goods over for storage - not the great alcohol xylophone though.

Art bit - trying to produce an alternative Willow tree for someone - this is attempt number one and two - we will see how it goes. Have a marvelous day if you can. My koffy is getting cold.

upload_2021-10-17_9-6-0.jpeg

upload_2021-10-17_9-4-37.jpeg