What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That pork looks good, @Riva_Roxaban

Here’s mine from yesterday. Can’t claim to have come close to catching up, but have skimmed a fair few pages. Hope you’re feeling better @MrsA2

00565F36-FC43-40D3-B978-3EFA54AFB8FB.jpeg
DF13B07B-5858-4E3A-B764-9766E3FDBBF4.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Needed a break but now back. Its such a cheerful and happy thread.
Haven’t read all posts I missed but after I left there was talk about gin @maglil55 . Last Christmas I received a bottle of Warners Christmas Cake gin which they recommend serving with cola. I have to say it was really sublime and perfect alternative to Christmas cake watching Christmas night tv. It sells out quick mind!
Yesterday’s food. My usual brekkie of HiLo toast and lotsbof tea.
Lunch was a quick bite due to break from garden project. Slice HiLo toast piled high with egg mayo. Supper was crispy Peking duck with a side salad.
Today same brekkie.
Lunch will be slice ham, cheese cubes, coleslaw, salad.
Supper will be two chicken thighs (which needs using up) and roasted Med veg.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast: nut granola, and cup of tea.
Mid morning coffee, one chocolate biscuit.
Lunch: 2 crispbreads with Roquefort cheese. A Clementine and cup of tea. We are out of salad stuff, and other stuff, need to go shopping tomorrow.
Dinner: made ratatouille with courgettes from the garden, roast chicken breast, cabbage. Glass of wine.
Had some raspberries late evening, and a couple of madelines, silly of me as I don't really enjoy them. Did manage to resist the chocolate biscuits .
Lemon tea at bedtime.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That pork looks good, @Riva_Roxaban

Here’s mine from yesterday. Can’t claim to have come close to catching up, but have skimmed a fair few pages. Hope you’re feeling better @MrsA2

View attachment 51634 View attachment 51635

Good to see you back @Goonergal, mouthwatering pork.

Just had my first food of the day - the last of the leek and chicken soup. Not all that filling (there was only half a bowl left) so I'll probably look around for something else in a while.

2nd meal will be berries and yoghurt - there's not much yoghurt left in the pot, so I will probably have more berries than I should. I will have a delivery from Tesco tomorrow, but they don't sell the yoghurt that I use, so one way or another I'll have to get to the shops (or get No 2 son to go for me).

He has just been in to deliver the mail and tells me that his gall bladder is reasonably comfortable, as long as he is very careful about what he eats and that he has lost 2 inches off his waist and about a stone in weight since he came home from the hospital. He probably needed to lose it, but he can't go on that way. Dairy products seem to be an issue as does gravy from a roast, or even the meat from a roast. Carbs seem to be OK, as long as he doesn't add any dairy product (no cheesey spuds, no creamy mash and no roast potatoes or chips either to avoid fats. So he's eating quite a lot of fish and vegetables. Sadly DIL is allergic to fish so he has to be careful what he does with it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ate breakfast today before remembering I was supposed to send off a fasting blood test. Fried eggs on SLC toast and marmite.
L- salad of lean Turkey breast, bacon bits, 1/4 avocado ( the only but that’s was edible) greens snd sauerkraut. Few Montezuma’s 100% cocoa buttons
D- leftovers: roast lamb, cabbage and roast veg. Chocolate chia pud topped with Fage yoghurt and blueberries.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost OMAD today. Had to eat early due to an appointment and found myself peckish later on.

The main event was home made burgers (just beef and salt), 2 eggs with fried cabbage (yesterday’s leftovers) and onion. Not long polished off a few bits of leftover pork and crackling from yesterday.

Will be eating out tomorrow - staying at a local hotel while two of my ceilings are repaired/painted following a flood in the flat above a couple of months ago.

4BAF0523-6175-47D0-9BF7-1E6AB9A7264B.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love seeing your meal pics @Goonergal , good to see them and you back x
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: salt and chilli ribs with Brussels, green beans and a couple of baby carrots for colour, followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual two egg and cheese omelette, two slices of middle bacon, mushrooms for breakfast.
Tub of chobani yoghurt, lemeon / lime cordial with a scoop of osmolax for smoko.
Chicken pieces marinated in Nando's mild peri peri sauce (it never played my insides up :)), veggies for lunch.
Pork roast sandwich, last tub of orange jelly in the fridge with a spoonful of mango sorbet for supper at six.

Good to see @Goonergal back again, I like her meal pix.

We need a thumbs up smiley on this forum to save me searching Chrome looking for one which will not show up when selected.

Permission to swear please.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out all day today so
B : ff greek with seeds and blackberries.
All my berries are frozen so I find taking out 8-12 then heating in microwave 30 secs just defrosts them enough to add the yogurt to.

L: packed lunch of olives, nuts and cheese in garlic olive oil, with extra cheese on the side. 4 cherry tomatoes . 3 squares of home made lc coffee cake for pud (it was a WI event and there cannot not be cake!)

D: not really, picked at a few nuts, 2 glasses wine and a spoonful of ff greek

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems I’ve eaten quite a lot today, that’s the way it rolls sometimes I guess.
Breakfast 2 slices lc cheese on toast.
L: cobb salad with h/m ranch dressing, followed by DGF Notella brownie
D: DD bacon wrapped meatloaf and wilted spinach. 15g Montezuma’s Absolute black.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chaffle with scrambled egg, coffee

L: chaffle pizza

D: Chinese chicken soup with black bean noodles - this was amazing! All homemade and very low carb. The noodles were from Aldi and I was skeptical but they weren’t too bad.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding and nutty granola.
Dinner: gammon steak, Brussels, cauliflower and mangetout followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and raspberries.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exercise class first then straight to lunch
2 hard boiled eggs, half a perfect avocado :)cat:), a little cold chicken, a drizzle of dressing.
45 minutes later still hungry so 2 squares hm lc millionaires with a tablespoon creamy ff greek
D: 2 sausages cooked long and slow with leeks, celeriac mash on the side
Then suddenly a migraine :banghead: , quick sleep and medication and it seems to have gone but wish I knew why

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fried egg on lc toast and marmite. This was my breakfast every day for years before dx( not lc bread though) I’m so happy to be able to have it again.
Cobb salad for lunch with leftovers from the fridge and 15g Montezuma’s Absolute black afterwards.
Dinner was
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chicken-curry-stew
Another keeper - don’t even have to bother making cauliflower rice, everything in the same pan. 10 almonds with coffee afterwards.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted and filled with egg mayo. Earl grey tea

Dinner - mussels, prawn cocktail and salmon salad. I also had the new fruit crumble & pumpkin brownie dgf with cream (very strangely I really didn't enjoy them - I don't know if my taste buds have changed since covid maybe maybe not so can't believe it as at one time I was addicted to all creams and really looked forward to the dgf delivery) - so I will save myself some money on 1st thoughts but then again I will probably find something else to spend it on ...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: black coffee and a gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and raspberry chia pudding with a small spoon of LC nutty granola.
Dinner: salmon with peppercorn sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and mange touts followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Edit for typo