What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a rather late start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made chicken penicillin soup with FibreFlour bread came home at 5.3 this am

The girl in the bubble stayed over last night because mummy needed to get some sleep. As is always the case, she went to bed at 1930 and did not stir until 0830. Don’t tell mummy thought, pretend to be whacked out - it’s joining in. She is sat next to me in her high chair on her second bowl of Cheerios (the bowl is not that big but big enough to alternate between hand and spoon). Having an infant demonstrated quite effectively why carpets in dining rooms are a terrible idea.
I think that Mrs Miggins is going over to the little house on the prairie this morning to tinker about and also take some household goods over for storage - not the great alcohol xylophone though.

Art bit - trying to produce an alternative Willow tree for someone - this is attempt number one and two - we will see how it goes. Have a marvelous day if you can. My koffy is getting cold.

View attachment 51628
View attachment 51627
I like the tree in the first one @dunelm but the more strikingly shaped colourful leaves in the second...
It is all looking great...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a rather late start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made chicken penicillin soup with FibreFlour bread came home at 5.3 this am

The girl in the bubble stayed over last night because mummy needed to get some sleep. As is always the case, she went to bed at 1930 and did not stir until 0830. Don’t tell mummy thought, pretend to be whacked out - it’s joining in. She is sat next to me in her high chair on her second bowl of Cheerios (the bowl is not that big but big enough to alternate between hand and spoon). Having an infant demonstrated quite effectively why carpets in dining rooms are a terrible idea.
I think that Mrs Miggins is going over to the little house on the prairie this morning to tinker about and also take some household goods over for storage - not the great alcohol xylophone though.

Art bit - trying to produce an alternative Willow tree for someone - this is attempt number one and two - we will see how it goes. Have a marvelous day if you can. My koffy is getting cold.

View attachment 51628
View attachment 51627
Great art. Well done GIB on both sleep and Cheerios. No, carpet in dining room isn't a good idea imho - I'm not a fan of it anywhere. Wood, tiles, brick all good by me. Enjoy your day.

lindisfel

Expert

View attachment 51628
View attachment 51627
Almost two hair styles!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9.10am FBG 6.2
Work continues on the salon, we now have a complete floor. MrSlim is making skirting boards today while I am considering breaking the rules and mowing. It's been sunny since early morning so the grass is as dry as it's ever going to get at this time of year.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative work for today.

"The Revenge of the Starlings (but they sent the Ravens in...)"

This is in response to Popeye and I having to stay indoors for yet another sunny blue-skied day inside my bungalow. It was Sunday.

AH neighbour was screeching/grinding/drilling heavy machinery most of the day...so me and Popeye had to stay inside for the umpteenth beautiful sunny day. Potting shed is right besides all that horrendous noise, just a metre away. I can take my cochlear hearing processor off, but Popeye still has ears on...

When I move, I will NEVER live that close to a neighbour again. But, UK housing options are very limited in that respect. Just about every house is in immediate close proximity to another.

I don't have the funds to buy what I want and need. I am just a pensioner on a State Pension. But I never say never. I am a believer in the impossible. After all I managed to buy a house in the first place in impossible financial circumstances. All the naysayers around me were full of doom and gloom at that time when I went ahead with my house purchase. It was a long and difficult road for me finding the mortgage repayments as now a single mother of three.

I don't have any naysayers around me now. No doubt some might emerge out of the woodwork, if I attempt a difficult venture, but I never listen anyway...

In the meantime, the best I can do is this creation, and it was satisfying doing it. I did let out a few frustrated screams on AH neighbour, but no one would have heard me because of his noise (and Popeye was in the front room safely away from my noise). If you haven't seen it, you might have to look at yesterday's collage photo and words to understand what precipitated this artwork.

So, I give you..."The Revenge of the Starlings (but they sent the Ravens in...)"

0E7F85EC-2C0F-436D-BE61-205637B4EEB5.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Today I have a lovely long break between classes in Norwich and will walk to the garden centre up the road. Will browse around the shop and then have a couple of coffees.

It's phone providers change over day today so hopefully that will go well.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Creative work for today.

"The Revenge of the Starlings (but they sent the Ravens in...)"

This is in response to Popeye and I having to stay indoors for yet another sunny blue-skied day inside my bungalow. It was Sunday.

AH neighbour was screeching/grinding/drilling heavy machinery most of the day...so me and Popeye had to stay inside for the umpteenth beautiful sunny day. Potting shed is right besides all that horrendous noise, just a metre away. I can take my cochlear hearing processor off, but Popeye still has ears on...

When I move, I will NEVER live that close to a neighbour again. But, UK housing options are very limited in that respect. Just about every house is in immediate close proximity to another.

I don't have the funds to buy what I want and need. I am just a pensioner on a State Pension. But I never say never. I am a believer in the impossible. After all I managed to buy a house in the first place in impossible financial circumstances. All the naysayers around me were full of doom and gloom at that time when I went ahead with my house purchase. It was a long and difficult road for me finding the mortgage repayments as now a single mother of three.

I don't have any naysayers around me now. No doubt some might emerge out of the woodwork, if I attempt a difficult venture, but I never listen anyway...

In the meantime, the best I can do is this creation, and it was satisfying doing it. I did let out a few frustrated screams on AH neighbour, but no one would have heard me because of his noise (and Popeye was in the front room safely away from my noise). If you haven't seen it, you might have to look at yesterday's collage photo and words to understand what precipitated this artwork.

So, I give you..."The Revenge of the Starlings (but they sent the Ravens in...)"

View attachment 51632
Ha ha, excellent Revenge of the Starlings - Sending in the Ravens - such a good idea with those big beaks.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Today I have a lovely long break between classes in Norwich and will walk to the garden centre up the road. Will browse around the shop and then have a couple of coffees.

It's phone providers change over day today so hopefully that will go well.
Good luck with phone providers change over.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of not very hungry cheese on FibreFlour bread toast came in at 5.4 this am

We tend to forget that cheese on toast is one of the wonders of the world - not exactly a cure all like the smell of bacon in the pan - but pretty good. Not that so called vegan ‘bacon’ though - try not to worry about it though, just keep taking the pills. When your daughter tells you that the girl in the bubble had been up most of the night, do you gloat when the very next night, she sleeps soundly and does not wake until 8. Plants have begun disappearing from the garden. Just the ones in pots. Must be Mrs Miggins practicing for her magic show, or something, but that is probably the best explantation.

Anther attempt at a willow tree - hope that your day is better than the last one, time for a koffy.

upload_2021-10-18_8-19-39.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings carb dodgers one and all. St Luke's day today on which the custom is to eat beef. Oddly English history extends beyond a fictitious Blitz Spirit and air brushed Churchill. Still, it served a purpose and we all lurve a ripping yarn, apparently. Swipey is terribly discombobulated so IDK what my fbg is - just one dot missing in this pointillist work, so pah. @gennepher even more in awe of your fighting spirit after that post. @dunelm sorry but my mind instantly jumped to wondering how many cricket bats all that willow might make? @Krystyna23040 wonderful news on the walk and refreshments being available but more on the sausage roll next time please.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings carb dodgers one and all. St Luke's day today on which the custom is to eat beef. Oddly English history extends beyond a fictitious Blitz Spirit and air brushed Churchill. Still, it served a purpose and we all lurve a ripping yarn, apparently. Swipey is terribly discombobulated so IDK what my fbg is - just one dot missing in this pointillist work, so pah. @gennepher even more in awe of your fighting spirit after that post. @dunelm sorry but my mind instantly jumped to wondering how many cricket bats all that willow might make? @Krystyna23040 wonderful news on the walk and refreshments being available but more on the sausage roll next time please.
I now wonder just what percentage of the population actually had beef in those olden times before Boris entered, stage all the way over there past the right.

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I now wonder just what percentage of the population actually had beef in those olden times before Boris entered, stage all the way over there past the right.
I believe the posh name is revisionist historiography but the Winny of BJ is just bad, primary school level, hagiography. I too wonder about peasant/villein/cotter beef consumption but there are many edible parts to bovines. Of course, "The Church," as distinct from Christianity (and parish priests), allowed one to dine very well and showed scant signs of living on the love of the common people. The beef eating for all may well have been "an aspiration," just a couple of millennia of readjustment en route to the full bonus of freedom (trust me), don't sweat the small stuff fellas. Oxbridge dining does pay homage to older traditions in many ways. Some of the finest surroundings, food and cellars in the land. I hope you've tythe'd young fella. A decent red ain't cheap these days - dastardly Johnny Foreigner. I feel another crusade Cummings on. The Dom "did" history at The Other Place. Snowball and a disturbing number of the other high profile GOS' also spent time there. Dido was far better as a singer IMHO.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all vegan beefeaters, now me and me’s must be fair beef is more vegan than vegan bacon, beef eats grass etc almost 100% of the time….wot no days off .

Today, this morning my blood sugars were 6.2, yesterday when all my troubles seem so far away were 5.6 and tomorrow? Who knows.
Lots of missed posts and art work. Sorry.
Have a great day, whatever life throws at you. Remember the stays.

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe the posh name is revisionist historiography but the Winny of BJ is just bad, primary school level, hagiography. I too wonder about peasant/villein/cotter beef consumption but there are many edible parts to bovines. Of course, "The Church," as distinct from Christianity (and parish priests), allowed one to dine very well and showed scant signs of living on the love of the common people. The beef eating for all may well have been "an aspiration," just a couple of millennia of readjustment en route to the full bonus of freedom (trust me), don't sweat the small stuff fellas. Oxbridge dining does pay homage to older traditions in many ways. Some of the finest surroundings, food and cellars in the land. I hope you've tythe'd young fella. A decent red ain't cheap these days - dastardly Johnny Foreigner. I feel another crusade Cummings on. The Dom "did" history at The Other Place. Snowball and a disturbing number of the other high profile GOS' also spent time there. Dido was far better as a singer IMHO.
Tything took on a whole new meaning with Mr Ten Percent and the Hollywood set but we still manage to support soup draggon and various things close to our hearts. Why Amnesty International and the like waste money sending out expensive A5 magazines is beyond me. I shall now open at tin of corned beef and eat some humble pie.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
beef eats grass etc almost 100% of the time….wot no days off .
100% grass fed beef, uk?:banghead: Since that one worked so well I've a bridge, nay two, for sale. Absolute bargains. All new, bagged and labelled. Won't hang around long. Bid now or regret it for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tything took on a whole new meaning with Mr Ten Percent and the Hollywood set but we still manage to support soup draggon and various things close to our hearts. Why Amnesty International and the like waste money sending out expensive A5 magazines is beyond me. I shall now open at tin of corned beef and eat some humble pie.
If you can afford both humble pie and corned beef y'all need to repay the VAT you claimed back on your Tythe bill. The barn roof needs re-thatching.

Last edited: