What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @PenguinMum .
Hope I haven’t put anyone off having their jabs. Worth it to stay covid free. Oh and give an excuse to lounge about under the duvet. Also an excuse to eat home made lentil and ham soup, and crusty bread, and honey on toasted white bread, bit of a carb fest, purely for medicinal purposes. :angelic:
Which gave a fasting level today of 7.1. So very tempted to join @Estragon ’s CAC club , (which made me laugh out loud, and brought on a serious bout of coughing) but I think my membership needs to be very short lived if I want to get back into the elite 5 s club anytime soon.

Reactions: ziggy_w and mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg=known unknown - was 5.3 in 2015 (3 months in for Elsie), feeling unwell and I loosened diet the day before. Hugs for @JohnEGreen @mojo37 and @Pipp (I think I've also reacted poorly to #3, no duvet or carb fest but few steps and no exercise bike:arghh:). :woot: to @DJC3 @karen8967 and @Freema. @PenguinMum S and W, S and W (see my sig):angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t know if it is true, @ianpspurs , but it has been suggested that bad reaction to jab booster indicates good and active antibodies. :)
Thanks @Pipp but Elsie, good and active? Does not compute. To be fair it is impossible for me to tell how much #3 is related and how much is due to the bugs grandchildren drag in from nursery and school.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Painful arm a lot better now, only hurts if I touch it. Lots of antibodies (I hope) floating around inside of me now.

5.8 this morning.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Painful arm a lot better now, only hurts if I touch it. Lots of antibodies (I hope) floating around inside of me now.

5.8 this morning.
Glad your arm is getting better.
Strange thing for me was that my arm was the only bit of me not sore.:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum and @ianpspurs . @Estragon you are right, of course, we do see 5s all the time here, but infuriatingly not often enough for me; as @PenguinMum says, it’s understandable if we’ve been on one of your aptly named CAC ‘s outings but when we haven’t … doh!
@Pipp I’m actually envious of you now!! Crusty bread with honey? Pretty good fbg considering that and illness.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp I’m actually envious of you now!! Crusty bread with honey? Pretty good fbg considering that and illness.
Normal eating regime will resume as soon as I start feeling better.
Toast is my go to comfort food when ill, the honey was for the sore throat. I am thinking I prefer gargling with brandy. Especially as the brandy needs to be swallowed.
Returned level of 6.4 2hours after the toast with honey, so unless the spike came earlier, or later, I gotvaway with it. This time.:angelic:

Reactions: mojo37

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Toast is my go to comfort food when ill, the honey was for the sore throat. I am thinking I prefer gargling with brandy. Especially as the brandy needs to be swallowed.
Returned level of 6.4 2hours after the toast with honey, so unless the spike came earlier, or later, I got away with it. This time.:angelic:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Returned level of 6.4 2hours after the toast with honey, so unless the spike came earlier, or later, I got away with it. This time.:angelic:

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm always 8 every single morning and I don't understand really. People have mentioned the Dawn Phenomenon to me but honestly, the rest of the day I am between 5.4 and 7.6 usually, but pre breakfast (no matter how long I wait) always 8.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. 2 glasses wine yesterday early afternoon, I must be super sensitive to it I think. I did read that ones tolerance to alcohol reduces on low carb/ Keto.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm always 8 every single morning and I don't understand really. People have mentioned the Dawn Phenomenon to me but honestly, the rest of the day I am between 5.4 and 7.6 usually, but pre breakfast (no matter how long I wait) always 8.

it’s usually the last number to come down, but so long as you’re avoiding the post meal spikes you are going in the right direction and doing well.

Reactions: SheilaCanning

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That’s an Impressive result after toast, but Im with you on the brandy!