What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone under a pink tinged sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘I died on your arm last night - again!’, was torn off and thrown unceremoniously into the bin - do we recycle such items? Will it need sanitising to save the NHS? Will it need to be taken apart and placed in a number of recycling bins? Will I need to buy the all new carved wood from sustainable trees biodegradable Greta bin set for the task, such things carefully crafted by itinerant whittlers who’s only mode of transport is by foot because despite their firm grip on their must have new mobile phone are saving the planet by carving up trees to make the Greta bin. Oop! I digress.
Cheesy Hammy Eggy for lunch yesterday - It has been said in the Navy that such a delicacy is the food of the gods - depends if you are a layer of ham person or a chopped and mixed ham person - here be a recipe but substitute the white bread if you need, I use my own FibreFlour bread - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/medi...a=en-gb&hash=0E3198C529232ADA469D957A902FC944
Jabbergate went well yesterday and despite the wails of those who can’t possible wear a mask over both their mouths and their noses, I managed all day - it’s not a big deal, apart from the steamy windows effect reminiscent those twits who, having to wear a respirator, refuse to rub spit on the inside of the lenses to prevent such fogging occurring.
Art bit - a foggy mountain scene - but only if you like. It’s Sunday I think, I shall drink koffy and ponder the intimacy of the aroma.

View attachment 51958
Recipe sounds good @dunelm
Just took a screenshot...
Arty bit is to my liking and imagination....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Creative this morning.
A mess.
The spraying last night of water mist on to the black ink looked good initially, but when I woke up this morning it was a messy black blur. The watercolours didn't work on it. I needed a gouache paint. So used that.
Still a mess, and the gouache on this paper looks very dull. It doesn't have the vibrancy of the watercolour paints.
So here is my failure today...
On the plus side I managed to work Popeye's face quite strongly in this one...

047C79B5-D550-4738-910B-25596A8AFD93.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Creative this morning.
A mess.
The spraying last night of water mist on to the black ink looked good initially, but when I woke up this morning it was a messy black blur. The watercolours didn't work on it. I needed a gouache paint. So used that.
Still a mess, and the gouache on this paper looks very dull. It doesn't have the vibrancy of the watercolour paints.
So here is my failure today...
On the plus side I managed to work Popeye's face quite strongly in this one...

View attachment 51959
It’s a mess, but it’s a good mess. Beautiful rolling landscape with fence lined fields and then a treeline before climbing the heights of a dark range of peaks over which are rolling the harbingers of a possible storm to disturb the peace of such a pleasant day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s a mess, but it’s a good mess. Beautiful rolling landscape with fence lined fields and then a treeline before climbing the heights of a dark range of peaks over which are rolling the harbingers of a possible storm to disturb the peace of such a pleasant day.
Thank you for your beautiful description @dunelm
Storms do creep in all of a sudden like that...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Trinity +23, Advent -3, Martinmas -4, Paphos -6, surely they can't all be true? I will make a determined attempt to be as concise and honest as possible folks. The prospect of goose, wine and some veggies for lunch with my wife and her mum and any of our family who drop in is an undeserved blessing. The prospect of eating this LC way continuing to keep me below the T2 threshold is to be welcomed. The gift or art freely shared by @dunelm and @gennepher is a blessing for which I thank them. I also thank all those here who offer support, advice and ways they have achieved success and joy (ham and cheese good, mustard and w sauce, very, very bad:angelic:) managing The D from the bottom of my heart. I don't think that means I should lie about my doubts and problems with LC, this house, town and govt which I feel in combination are a huge impediment to my managing T2 and wellbeing. I like this song, I'm neither artistic nor creative (I may have other gifts but they elude me for now) so here's my gift - kinda all I have a la "In the bleak Midwinter." The stays guys, the stays.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Off to Oxburgh shortly. Meeting up with some old friends so really looking forward to it.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all like me and me’s who area embracing a slow start to this day while imbibing in a koffy.

Bloods this morning, disaster darling, disaster, an old fashioned fuelled full on roast of 8.1, but not really a disaster, well within my hospital consultant ordained limit of 10. Me and me’s just prefer a lower number, sympathy not required.

Yesterday my hedge trimmer refused to play snip snip so later this morning it will be operated on by Mr Screwdriver and nurse pliers. Yep, but first check the continuity of fuse, that will also require Mr Screwdriver.
I have noticed that our lay preacher has also taken on board the “Stay’s” Well done Sir.
Stay safe, stay well and stay apart.
Must go and find my spare fuses and ohm meter..

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen
An updated on my poorly hedge trimmer.
The operation was a success, but the provisional diagnosis of an electrical problem proved to be wrong. The first problem was the screw heads were recessed torx head, once that problem was overcome, the ham fisted surgeon ( me and me’s) was able to get under the skin so to speak, nurse pliers was horrified and immediately left, leaving Mrs J making comments similar to “ it’s just like watching the repair shop “, much koffy and head scratching later the problem was identified as a mechanical fault on the safety mechanism, this necessitating in evaluation, strip down, reassemble, test, retest, smack with a hammer, then close up.
The hedge trimmer is now recuperating in its cupboard and me and me’s looking to purchase a set of torx screwdrivers.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

lindisfel

Expert
Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen
An updated on my poorly hedge trimmer.
The operation was a success, but the provisional diagnosis of an electrical problem proved to be wrong. The first problem was the screw heads were recessed torx head, once that problem was overcome, the ham fisted surgeon ( me and me’s) was able to get under the skin so to speak, nurse pliers was horrified and immediately left, leaving Mrs J making comments similar to “ it’s just like watching the repair shop “, much koffy and head scratching later the problem was identified as a mechanical fault on the safety mechanism, this necessitating in evaluation, strip down, reassemble, test, retest, smack with a hammer, then close up.
The hedge trimmer is now recuperating in its cupboard and me and me’s looking to purchase a set of torx screwdrivers.
Percussion maintenance is well founded practice!;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another dark and early start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a thick chicken soup and some chocolate chia pudding came in at 5.3 this am

What a surprise to see Mrs Miggins up and about at 8.30 yesterday morning - it was a bigger surprise to her when I told her what time it was! Still, we got an early morning stroll down the beach and a cafe that we frequent opened at 10 for a bite of breakfast. Met up with an old chum who called in for a koffy. Plans are afoot for Christmas and it looks like we are all booked onto the North Yorkshire Moors Railway Santa Special curtesy of Mrs Miggins, retired station manager at Grosmont. How many adults does it take to accompany one 2 year old on a steam train - 6 it seems; two sets of grandparents, mum and dad. Also, the ninky nonks will be up so we may need a charabanc to get us there.
Art bit - not terribly happy with it and have cut it down a bit but hey ho. Have a great day if you can, best go and make some koffy.

upload_2021-11-8_6-20-37.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another dark and early start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a thick chicken soup and some chocolate chia pudding came in at 5.3 this am

What a surprise to see Mrs Miggins up and about at 8.30 yesterday morning - it was a bigger surprise to her when I told her what time it was! Still, we got an early morning stroll down the beach and a cafe that we frequent opened at 10 for a bite of breakfast. Met up with an old chum who called in for a koffy. Plans are afoot for Christmas and it looks like we are all booked onto the North Yorkshire Moors Railway Santa Special curtesy of Mrs Miggins, retired station manager at Grosmont. How many adults does it take to accompany one 2 year old on a steam train - 6 it seems; to sets of grandparents, mum and dad. Also, the ninky nonks will be up so we may need a charabanc to get us there.
Art bit - not terribly happy with it and have cut it down a bit but hey ho. Have a great day if you can, best go and make some koffy.

View attachment 51965
Arty bit still looks good @dunelm
Have a great coffee...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning.

A class member in a Tuesday class tested positive for Covid on Friday. Although we don't have to inform class members because we keep strictly social distanced and well ventilated - I have text everyone and asked if they would do lateral flow tests. So far no-one else has tested positive.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning.

A class member in a Tuesday class tested positive for Covid on Friday. Although we don't have to inform class members because we keep strictly social distanced and well ventilated - I have text everyone and asked if they would do lateral flow tests. So far no-one else has tested positive.
I think it is courtesy to inform the others like you have done @Krystyna23040

You are behaving very responsibly over this.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Creative today...
Drew with the Berol handwriting pen again, last night. Sprayed it with the water mister, and it didn't move. Then I realised I had used the soapy water mister spray. I very nearly got some plain water to spray, but I literally sat on my hands and didn't do anything to it.
By this morning, it had spread like this.
Beautiful!
I love it.
My intention had been to do a colourful autumn scene, but I like it too much like this.
A misty winter's morning...

82E5C8CC-953D-415E-8AFB-B9C78C7DD1BC.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is Monday in GB, this much is true. That there goose seems to have given me a much more positive outlook or was it the roast swede or even an edible roast without gravy? Roast vine tomatoes and mushrooms produce something functional with the right protein source. Obviously the mood music isn't due to LC food but the working of something more trustworthy and powerful. Advent upcoming (an anthology I adore to read daily) and the opportunity for a reset in Paphos - yes, that too is God working in my life - doubters free to doubt, no probs. I need to do my due diligence but the opportunity is so very this - no need to click guys. @dunelm Santa Specials are very much on point for that biblical link IMHO. There is an amazing one at Wansford near Peterborough we will use when this latest crop of babes are "ripe", God willing. @Krystyna23040 thrilled that yesterday went so well and you are an absolute legend for having that text ready. Thoughts and prayers with @dogslife today and with absent members finding the going tough plus one regular carrying some "issues" so well. I've emailed my dietary needs to the hotel as usual, along with my glowing Trip Advisor review from 2 years ago which they lurved. As for the cabal dragging Ingerland through the sewers they're wrong 'uns who need calling out loudly and often but their time will come. Peace be with you all but now JKP needs tea - the dogs are standing to attention at the lounge door to let me know.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, here in Tilehurst Towers me and me’s hope it will be.

Blood sugars this Monday morning were 5.5 on that meter of hmmmm

Me and me’s have just been informed that I will be unsupervised this morning and again this evening………time to plan.
Have a great day al and stay safe, stay well and stay apart.