What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Creative...
Black pen work.
Spray with water mister.
Tried using a brush with water as @dunelm suggested, but the ink didn't move, but turned the area yellowish where I used the brush (brush was clean). You can tell which areas I used the brush with.
I don't like this one. The black ink didn't move as it usually does when sprayed with the water mister. But one more spray of the water mister would have sent it into a lot more darker areas, possibly too dark...

View attachment 52017
Oh well, worth a try and something now to disregard. Still a fine piece. Looks like a wet tree lined lane

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh well, worth a try and something now to disregard. Still a fine piece. Looks like a wet tree lined lane
Thanks @dunelm
I have about 10 pages left in this sketchbook, which is a very absorbent paper.
Then I will root out my Bristol Board paper, which is not absorbent in the same way, and maybe your idea will work on that...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Woken early again...
Creative this morning...
Scribbled a landscape.
(Spellcheck altered scribbled to scrubbed. Why? I tapped on it and it changed back to scribbled...)
Used the black pen which has a purple tinge. And then used a different black pen for the bottom of this sketch just because it was thicker and a darker black. I wanted the bottom dark black. It didn't quite work out. It turned out this dark black spread out a yellow tinge when water was sprayed..
As far as I know, my black pens have either a purple tinge, a yellow tinge, or a green to blue tinge when sprayed with water. I did try testing them out so I could mark them, but it took too long. I will just go with whatever happens...random...
There are very few black pens that stay black when sprayed with water.
My water mister was a bit too close and splattered the black water runs to dots in the sky...

AAF67CA5-DC8C-4B4B-8D1F-5C8056E7E078.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Woken early again...
Creative this morning...
Scribbled a landscape.
(Spellcheck altered scribbled to scrubbed. Why? I tapped on it and it changed back to scribbled...)
Used the black pen which has a purple tinge. And then used a different black pen for the bottom of this sketch just because it was thicker and a darker black. I wanted the bottom dark black. It didn't quite work out. It turned out this dark black spread out a yellow tinge when water was sprayed..
As far as I know, my black pens have either a purple tinge, a yellow tinge, or a green to blue tinge when sprayed with water. I did try testing them out so I could mark them, but it took too long. I will just go with whatever happens...random...
There are very few black pens that stay black when sprayed with water.
My water mister was a bit too close and splattered the black water runs to dots in the sky...

View attachment 52027
Great effect, smashing landscape

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an overcast yet promising day here in the land of Mordor.
The wonder wheel of eating out came in at 5.7 this am with the help from some quite delicious Merlot.

Smashing train journey down to London accompanied by a feast of a picnic curtesy of my sister in law (a moveable feast).
The exhibition at the British Museum was superb - such tiny sheets of rice paper with extremely detailed brush work. Dinner at The Troubadour, smashing and a nice pub found on the way back to the hotel. Royal Albert Hall this afternoon after a stroll round Kensington Gardens.
Art bit - poppies - have a great day if you can, best make koffy and wake up Mrs Miggins.

upload_2021-11-13_8-40-26.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
A beautiful day in N.W. Cumbria with cloudless blue skies from dawn.
Walking round the garden just our beech tree has some leaves left after the high winds have stripped most of the trees. The leaves left on the beeches lower branches look like burnished gold in in the bright sunshine. Seemingly unbelievable but the sun still has warmth in it.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Derek

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9.am FBG 5.7
Trying a new routine so had been up about 30 mins.
Does anyone remember me mentioning altering curtains? So far have one curtain completed and hung. This is after a false start or two. The second curtain to the pair
has been even more problematical, should be finished today though. The next curtain is for a door, I have to join together three side panels removed from the previous pair. Of course none of the pleats will match up.
Today out in our new to us car, very different feel, to start with it's manual gears, more sensitive steering...and I am sitting on the other side, a bit scary at times.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.am FBG 5.7
Trying a new routine so had been up about 30 mins.
Does anyone remember me mentioning altering curtains? So far have one curtain completed and hung. This is after a false start or two. The second curtain to the pair
has been even more problematical, should be finished today though. The next curtain is for a door, I have to join together three side panels removed from the previous pair. Of course none of the pleats will match up.
Today out in our new to us car, very different feel, to start with it's manual gears, more sensitive steering...and I am sitting on the other side, a bit scary at times.
I remember @SlimLizzy
Enjoy the new car!
t89192.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an overcast yet promising day here in the land of Mordor.
The wonder wheel of eating out came in at 5.7 this am with the help from some quite delicious Merlot.

Smashing train journey down to London accompanied by a feast of a picnic curtesy of my sister in law (a moveable feast).
The exhibition at the British Museum was superb - such tiny sheets of rice paper with extremely detailed brush work. Dinner at The Troubadour, smashing and a nice pub found on the way back to the hotel. Royal Albert Hall this afternoon after a stroll round Kensington Gardens.
Art bit - poppies - have a great day if you can, best make koffy and wake up Mrs Miggins.

View attachment 52029
The exhibition must have been inspirational @dunelm
Poignant art work...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Creative this morning...
Failure...failure to me.

What happened? I went to bed early ('cos it is warmer there and electric blanket is nice...
So, in bed at 7pm.
Started my ink drawing. Nearly finished it.
But then I fell asleep, with black ink pen in my hand...

Woke up at 10:15pm. Black ink pen is still in my hand, which was very fortunate as I have a brand new white quilt cover on my bed with a delicate grey pattern...

But problem was, when I tried spraying the drawing with water, the ink had well dried, and was not co-operating with the water to make my delicate frond like patterns I like. Disappointed, because I was trying an architectural drawing to see how that might work.

I added a bit of a calligraphy black pen to some of it, but it was too late to be of use and created a black blur in places.

Went back to sleep at 10:55pm

Woke up at 1 am, and then 3 am this morning.

Thought of adding white highlights to it, but I didn't like it, so this is a photo of it before I added the white highlights (which I have now managed to eradicate/get rid of).

But I couldn't find Popeye anywhere in it. I do not intentionally draw Popeye's face in any of these Sketchbook ink drawings, but I will find a bit which has a suggestion of his face, and I will tease a little of the black out to create the white on his face, and I do suggest the heart shaped nose.

An hour later I found his face!!!!!!

An update: I finally got my sound processor posted back to me from the hospital. I have had silence for nearly a couple of weeks. They replaced a cable, replaced the battery compartment, changed the magnet which attaches to the magnet embedded in my skull to a much stronger one which clamps on to my head pretty much the way a fridge grabs a fridge magnet. And the stronger magnet gives me a headache...

I put it on and was greeted by the noisy sound of bathroom building work by Mr Insensitive Xmas lights neighbour on one side, and the Duracell bunny AH neighbour the other side with his screeching industrial sounding machinery. And not only that, their dogs were having a barking match with each other, and the four greyhounds the garden down from him had joined in, along with a few Yappity Yap dogs from somewhere. That was it, I took it off immediately. I was texting a friend at the time, and sent her the message...
"I am going on Amazon to get my dog..."
"Amazon...for a dog?," she asked bewildered...
"I'll send a video to explain when I get it," I said.

There are more dogs than there are houses in this road.

Anyway my parcels came. The 'dog' one came first.

I had seen a few days earlier of several dog barking alerts with a sensor for your driveway to alert you to anyone coming up it. There are other alert sounds. But the good thing is the two barking units also have an immense blue flashing strobe type lighting as the bark sounds emit. There is no way I can miss this even if my sound processor has been banished to its box...

Set it up, using the bathroom builder for Mr Insensitive next door, for practice. Very useful he was, the amount of times he went back to his van...

Then I had some fun. I was sitting by the front window, open for fresh air, and I was waiting for my second parcel (and I was going to test the barking alarm for the Amazon delivery driver for when he arrived). All the dogs in the neighbourhood kicked off, as they usually do periodically. So, I thought I would introduce my 'dogs', and pressed test button for about 10 seconds. All the dogs stopped barking. Did their owners shut them up, or what? About half an hour later, the neighbourhood dogs started up again, more dogs joining in, and I pressed my 'dogs' test alarm for about 5 seconds. The neighbourhood dogs shut up again. I said my 'dogs' test alarm, not my 'dog's'. That is because I have two barking alarms and I can set them both to a different bark. So, it sounds like I have two dogs.

I sent my friend a barking video, and now she understood how I got the 'dog/s' off Amazon. She is the one who sent me a photo of these ruins she visited the other day, that I drew for my picture this morning.

What was the second Amazon parcel?
It was a 'Stop Dog Bark, anti barking device' with a range that goes beyond the far ends of my neighbour's gardens where the dogs are let out...you can guess where I am going with that one...

Right, after all that, here is my creative for today.

B1FF3F73-111B-4B01-95F7-434B6FB8AB1B.jpeg