What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a PE protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.
I ordered from The low-carb food co on Friday afternoon for some bread as slc out of stock until 22/12 and I was wondering when I am likely to receive my order - any thoughts? and do you know if they use Royal Mail or a courier co.? I remember you saying you used them

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered from The low-carb food co on Friday afternoon for some bread as slc out of stock until 22/12 and I was wondering when I am likely to receive my order - any thoughts? and do you know if they use Royal Mail or a courier co.? I remember you saying you used them

The last order I put through to them took about 4 days I think. They use Royal Mail 24 but it’s been taking longer than usual at the moment, which would be a concern if it was hot weather but my stuff has arrived in good condition. I just ordered some more cookies and shortbread on Friday :hungry:
Edit to say I really shouldn’t be replying at this time of night, in my reply I was talking about DGF! So Low Carb Food Co usually get the orders through in about 5 days but my last order took longer. I did get an email warning about the delay and they chucked in a Rosemary and sea salt focaccia as an apology!

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
might have to freeze portions to stop me scoffing the lot in one go.

That does tend to be an issue. I did discover that it only takes a few seconds in the microwave to make frozen portions edible…..Christmas only edition, me thinks!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just ordered the shortbread too (as well as the Christmas pies and more cookies to freeze). I just hope we don't end up with them having a Christmas break in Peterborough *touch wood, touch wood....

Me too - shortbread and cookies. I wish you hadn’t discovered they were good to eat frozen though!

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That does tend to be an issue. I did discover that it only takes a few seconds in the microwave to make frozen portions edible…..Christmas only edition, me thinks!
Nooo! Fingers in ears! I wish I hadn’t read that lol.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the absolute best family!
I'll be bringing the goat to my cousin and her family on christmas eve, and I'll spend the night there.

Just got a text message from her husband, telling me they'll do a christmas dinner that day, because it's more fun to do that when I'm visiting than on the traditional 25th. :D:hungry:
And if I can please tell him what foods are problematic and what kind of foods go very well, from a diabetic point of view!

Isn't that the sweetest thing! :happy:

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my OMAD. It wasn't intentional but what with one thing and another I ended up with no time to eat.

Em phoned and asked if she could come up this afternoon (of course she could) and arrived within minutes when I expected her to be about an hour. I had started chopping vegetables to heat through with some of the chicken from yesterday and so she thought it would be a good idea to make a salad for herself. She hunted around for all the salady things she could find, including a whole pack of smoked salmon and half a large pot of Philadelphia cheese and proceeded to chop it all up, first on a plate and then in a large glass bowl, which she 2/3 filled with her "lunch time salad". She cleared me out of vegetables (apart from a squash, onions and some carrots) which is fine, because I'll be away tomorrow and won't be using them.

I heated my meal in some butter and ate it while Em was still cutting up her vegetables. She ate some of it but then her dad arrived to pick her up again so it has all gone into a plastic box and she'll have it with her dinner this evening.

I actually managed to write and stamp all my Christmas cards yesterday so that No 2 son could take them to post for me. Notably fewer than in previous years - my contemporaries are popping their clogs a bit too frequently for comfort, while others are suffering from dementia and wouldn't remember me if I did send a card. So no cards for them - a card might bring a bit of cheer, but I feel it might be confusing and upsetting to receive a card from what they would think is a total stranger.

Now I just have to wrap presents and set up my traditional lucky dip for the family - shan't get that done until after Inverness now.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the absolute best family!
I'll be bringing the goat to my cousin and her family on christmas eve, and I'll spend the night there.

Just got a text message from her husband, telling me they'll do a christmas dinner that day, because it's more fun to do that when I'm visiting than on the traditional 25th. :D:hungry:
And if I can please tell him what foods are problematic and what kind of foods go very well, from a diabetic point of view!

Isn't that the sweetest thing! :happy:

You have some lovely family, @Antje77.

Probably next Thursday, I'll go to town with Neil and see if I can get a nice piece of fish for my Christmas dinner. Really don't fancy anything else at all.

Tomorrow, I think I shall forget about diabetes and low carb because Inverness airport cafe does some very nice fried fish and chips (actually, not fond of their chips, but the fish is great). By the time we've been to the hospital and back to the airport, we'll both be ready for something to eat.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a brilliant family you have @Antje77 what a lovely cheering message to receive.
@Annb well done for finishing the cards, I stopped doing them a few years ago and it’s such a relief ( apart from one or 2 older relatives)
Today’s food:
B- 0% Fage with h/m granola
L- seedy crackers and Stilton. Packet of Advent Cheesies. Followed by a couple of bits of the nut chocolate thing straight from the freezer - delicious!
D- Roast chicken, creamed spinach, swede, cauli cheese and green beans in garlic butter topped with chopped walnuts and feta.
That should have been plenty but I’ve just raided the fridge and made ‘lazy mousse’ of melted 100% choc with cream and added nuts. @Goonergal I need to stop the chocolate - it’s getting out of hand, ( again) do you fancy a post Christmas joint abstinence pact?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The last order I put through to them took about 4 days I think. They use Royal Mail 24 but it’s been taking longer than usual at the moment, which would be a concern if it was hot weather but my stuff has arrived in good condition. I just ordered some more cookies and shortbread on Friday :hungry:
Edit to say I really shouldn’t be replying at this time of night, in my reply I was talking about DGF! So Low Carb Food Co usually get the orders through in about 5 days but my last order took longer. I did get an email warning about the delay and they chucked in a Rosemary and sea salt focaccia as an apology!
Thanks for getting back to me - I was hoping they used a courier service - it didn't say on their website - aww naw not Royal Mail so I might not get my order before christmas - I should maybe have held of until 22/12 and ordered from SLC next day after all ...

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three bbq sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Tub of greek yoghurt, lemon cordial brew for smoko.
Corned brisket, and green veggies for lunch.
Just a tub of jelly for supper at six, I needed something cold in my gut as it felt like it was on fire.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I need to stop the chocolate - it’s getting out of hand, ( again) do you fancy a post Christmas joint abstinence pact?

Definitely! That’s my plan - (re)-ditching the dairy then too, so it’s a deal. Funnily enough I had melted choc and cream (no nuts) this evening too. It must be catching :D

Also had the leftovers from yesterday’s pork belly - delicious warmed up in the air fryer and salted. Had eaten the remaining crackling for breakfast.

Have some lamb ribs to get me back on the straight and narrow tomorrow - just about bought the local Morrison’s out of them yesterday.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and CarbKilla bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seriously Low Carb have introduced low carb Prosecco and low carb Rose Pinot Grigio. I've ordered Prosecco. Not sure it will get gere before Christmas but will let you all know what it's like!

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 14 December - Bed & FBG both 7 6

What is going on with the mobile app? Keeps freezing/kicking me out! Usually when I've typed up two or three days worth

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Coconut milk
D. Gammon steak, fried egg, peas. DGF coffee/walnut, blackberries, cream.

Was delighted eldest grandson went to his school party. Didn't stay until the end but he enjoyed most of it. He doesn't like physical games since, as he says, some of his friends can get hurt. I can't really argue with that. It was though, another step forward to getting over his anxiety.

Wednesday 15 December - Bed 7.4 FBG 7.3

Another running about day. All the Christmas cards gone and yet more parcels collected for Hubby to wrap Still not worked out all the Christmas Dinner yet though.

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L coconut milk.
D. I really wasn't hungry so I had yet more coconut milk. Later, 3 M&S crackers with mini German sausage and whipped cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday 14 December - Bed & FBG both 7 6

What is going on with the mobile app? Keeps freezing/kicking me out! Usually when I've typed up two or three days worth

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Coconut milk
D. Gammon steak, fried egg, peas. DGF coffee/walnut, blackberries, cream.

Was delighted eldest grandson went to his school party. Didn't stay until the end but he enjoyed most of it. He doesn't like physical games since, as he says, some of his friends can get hurt. I can't really argue with that. It was though, another step forward to getting over his anxiety.

Wednesday 15 December - Bed 7.4 FBG 7.3

Another running about day. All the Christmas cards gone and yet more parcels collected for Hubby to wrap Still not worked out all the Christmas Dinner yet though.

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L coconut milk.
D. I really wasn't hungry so I had yet more coconut milk. Later, 3 M&S crackers with mini German sausage and whipped cream.

So glad your grandson is coming along so well and coping with his anxiety. How is his brother doing at the moment?

Em had her Christmas party last Thursday - her teacher had to go to the mainland for a funeral, so they advanced it a day. He had produced some really happy ideas - like a bauble containing messages from every one in the class on what they liked about other class members. Em's messages all indicated that she is fun, friendly, energetic, kind and artistic. Gives them all a nice warm glow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously Low Carb have introduced low carb Prosecco and low carb Rose Pinot Grigio. I've ordered Prosecco. Not sure it will get gere before Christmas but will let you all know what it's like!

Goodness! I Hadn’t noticed that, is it low alcohol too?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Considering the time you've posted this, it sounds like it was the 11PM bug, which seems to slow the forum down (almost?) daily starting at 11PM and lasting somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes.

I don't use the app, but it happens if you use the forum through your browser as well.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3