What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy national bin day Morening ladies and gentlemen and others, me and me’s will not define others.
A whopping or is it Wapping 6.2 on that meter, who am I trying to kid, 6.2 is well in my range.
Me and me’s and myself are / is slowly getting life back under control after the excesses of Christmas, walked 9000+ paces, 35 mins plinky plonky and finally getting right and left on Mrs J’s nerves.
Stay etc, etc and avoid the media.

Reactions: dogslife

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy hug for feeling "woozy" and best wishes for rapid improvement. @gennepher hug for the vaccination reaction but winner and sincere thanks for the summer photo series. @dunelm how very dare eBay let that poor lady down so badly. Thank you for the art and you did well to win the binmen lottery. Today's collection here has time travelled to Tuesday next. @Krystyna23040 accounts eh? Breckland being dry until I made a truly egregious error and relocated? Next you'll be telling me it was once comely. I concede Swaffham is East Anglia in a nutshell - straight out of Hollywood Central Casting. It also has a Waitrose but isn't located anywhere I need or want to settle. Do all enjoy or at least make the best you can of the last knockings of 2021. What to do today? Mine bitcoins or auction Lat Flow tests on eBay? The world is my lobster.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bleak day hereabouts. 5 month old grandson has tested positive for COVID. No PCR tests available. One of his aunts tested positive - she works at Addenbrookes hospital. The little mite has already spent time hooked up to all manner of tubes in September. Obviously one can't blame everything on the guy in No10 but this doesn't improve my view of him one jot.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Bleak day hereabouts. 5 month old grandson has tested positive for COVID. No PCR tests available. One of his aunts tested positive - she works at Addenbrookes hospital. The little mite has already spent time hooked up to all manner of tubes in September. Obviously one can't blame everything on the guy in No10 but this doesn't improve my view of him one jot.
Hope your grandson recovers quickly

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
So sorry to hear this@ianpspurs. I pray that he recovers well and soon.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope he recovers quickly @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the good wishes for my grandson @gennepher @SlimLizzy @dogslife and the hug @alf_Josiah. Futile fulminating over how the shambles in which we in England are currently living came about and is sustained. Both are incontrovertibly wrong if not utterly evil. @dogslife thanks for the prayers greatly appreciated. Guys, no need for anymore good wishes I'll assume the little fella has you on his side.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Bit of a bummer @ianpspurs but hopefully a full recovery. Mrs Miggins went to see her sister two days ago and while she was there, her sister tested positive. She picked up a case of clothes from the drive and is staying with her sister until the results of their PCR tests, taken yesterday, come in.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a bummer @ianpspurs but hopefully a full recovery. Mrs Miggins went to see her sister two days ago and while she was there, her sister tested positive. She picked up a case of clothes from the drive and is staying with her sister until the results of their PCR tests, taken yesterday, come in.
Best wishes for Mrs Miggins and her sister. MIL is 92 on Jan 5th. Protecting her whilst marking that milestone is a head scratcher given her "interesting" attitude to staying safe/tenuous grasp of modern ideas on health and safety. May you live in interesting times - boring sounds good to me. Take care.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hello after a few years since I last was on this site, after becoming a prisoner in my own home since Covid began anxiety and panic attacks to frightened to go out upto today.I am back to square one higher weight gain higher blood glucose levels on Gliclazide 80mg in a morning but still not working. I need help from members on foods to reduce my blood glucose levels and get back to where I was about 4 years ago. Not able to do a lot of exercise now due to soft tissue damage in both knees and flare up of osteoarthritis in my spine a bit of a mess at this time. Welcome any help and advice please. Granny Grump

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hello after a few years since I last was on this site, after becoming a prisoner in my own home since Covid began anxiety and panic attacks to frightened to go out upto today.I am back to square one higher weight gain higher blood glucose levels on Gliclazide 80mg in a morning but still not working. I need help from members on foods to reduce my blood glucose levels and get back to where I was about 4 years ago. Not able to do a lot of exercise now due to soft tissue damage in both knees and flare up of osteoarthritis in my spine a bit of a mess at this time. Welcome any help and advice please. Granny Grump
Congratulations on coming back onto the site, I am not the best person to give advice on what to eat and exercise, but this particular thread is a good one for posting your daily blood sugars, most people find low carb / high fat works for them, but medium carb / moderate fat works for me. Perhaps if one of the site “ moderators “ could give you a steer to a slightly better thread for dietary advice or perhaps one of our regular posters @dunelm and or @ianpspurs could throw in a bit of advice.

Jojo85

Good morning,

Fbg at 5.30am was 4.8, last night's dinner was salmon with stir fried Asian greens.

Hope everyone has a wonderful new years eve!

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely to see you back granny grump xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 for me
FB_IMG_1640852665947.jpg

Reactions: dogslife

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.15am FBG 6.5
Some bad news for me to end the year, my Father is in hospital with breathing difficulties and a very high temperature. It took over three hours to get through to the 111 service, they sent paramedics who managed to persuade him to go with them for a check up. Dad is not as reasonable as he once was, can be very difficult. He has multiple health problems, constant pain and at 89 is very frail.
Current treatment oxygen and antibiotics, with an x-ray planned for sometime today.
He is really worried that this will prevent his second cataract operation, scheduled for the 4th Jan.
Of course he is saying they tricked him into hospital and he wants to go home.
Am grateful that my parents are currently staying with my brother, so Mum has support.
Am hoping for better news today and carefully not mentioning the boxing day party, which may not have anything to do with it after all.

Edited to add, Mum and Dad were at home when he was taken ill. Although this has turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as we were able to use our contacts in the local hospital to get some definite news. For one thing it's not Covid.
He will be assessed tomorrow by the respiratory team and maybe a change of antibiotics will be made. The ward should have the results from the xray soon.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.15am FBG 6.5
Some bad news for me to end the year, my Father is in hospital with breathing difficulties and a very high temperature. It took over three hours to get through to the 111 service, they sent paramedics who managed to persuade him to go with them for a check up. Dad is not as reasonable as he once was, can be very difficult. He has multiple health problems, constant pain and at 89 is very frail.
Current treatment oxygen and antibiotics, with an x-ray planned for sometime today.
He is really worried that this will prevent his second cataract operation, scheduled for the 4th Jan.
Am grateful that my parents are currently staying with my brother, so Mum has support.
Am hoping for better news today and carefully not mentioning the boxing day party, which may not have anything to do with it after all.
@SlimLizzy hope your father has a speedy recovery. Good that the paramedics persuaded him to go to hospital and that your mother is staying with your brother.

It is highly likely that the boxing day party is the culprit but probably wise not to mention it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Dog walk postponed because it is raining heavily - actually it's absolutely bucketing down.

Sister is a lot happier. Husband was lucid at last and she was able to speak to him on the phone yesterday. No visiting is allowed because of Covid which makes it really hard.

@ianpspurs hope your little grandson is improving. In hospital.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.15am FBG 6.5
Hugs for you and your family @SlimLizzy
I am glad your mum is staying with your brother.
Say as little as possible about the Boxing Day party like you say.
xx

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.9

Horrible wet stormy day out there...
My last 5 year old flower for today.
It is Speedwell, which most people regard as a weed, and some people hate with a passion.
I love it.

May everyone have the best day possible x

573EF92E-A85B-4510-B791-1BABB901CD41.jpeg