What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 9.1
Still not gone completely down from vaccine reaction. And I still feel tired from it.

No painting today.
It is pouring with rain outside here.
So, another photograph of summer flowers from 5 years ago.
Hopefully to remind you of summer...

View attachment 52628
@gennepher so lovely to see a photo of summer flowers. I am so fed up with the constant rain this winter.

Reactions: jjraak

Jojo85

@Krystyna23040 yes! The zoo is called Taronga Zoo. It's one of the best zoo's.

We had a wonderful time but my feet are killing me from all the walking. We packed our own snacks and water, as buying food at places like this adds up.

Finally all the kids have gone home and I can rest. I don't have any kids myself so when my nieces stay over at my house, it wipes me out lol

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an other dull day here in the dark and dangerous north
Pea and ham soup - that ham had to be used up and dried split peas really are less than 10 a penny.

Late breakfast yesterday, quite late as the menu changed from breakfast to lunch before my full English less the carby bits arrived. Why oh why oh why oh why is that half a sad looking tomato there? Tinned if you must not the sad remains of a forced and out of season disaster (darling). Still, the rest of it is top notch and the ambiance comes free. Royal Institute Christmas Lectures started last night on BBC4 - Jonathan Van-Tam this year with a star studded cast looking at all things viral, even how the test kits work - splendid, get the kids on your side.

More squirty water art - I am enjoying seeing how these things pan out. Have a great day if you can. Koffy is now ready to drink.

View attachment 52632
Another brilliant one @dunelm

Jojo85

Good morning everyone!

5.4 this early am, not too shabby having a later dinner and dessert (keto but I still prefer eating earlier)

I'm on babysitting duties today for my 1 year old niece.

Have a great day everyone

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm thank you for sharing the gift of your art. @Krystyna23040 yes, what happened to parts of Breckland being drier than Jerusalem? Another childhood memory - my father's Giles annuals - revived by this.
Actually @ianpspurs Breckland was really dry until you moved here. Of course, as we know, correlation isn't causation ☺☺☺☺
Edited to correct predictive text

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Had a headache when I went to bed on Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning was so unstable could barely make it to the ensuite. Stayed in bed all day, didn't eat, few cups of tea and some water. Terrible night sweat, will have to change the sheets. Apparently was so restless that MrSlim abandoned the bed and went to sleep on the sofa. Poor man.
FBG 7.4
On my feet again this morning, but still feeling groggy and very tired. Despite sleeping most of the day yesterday.
Tuesday I did manage to defrost the freezer. Washed all the shelves etc, but have not got any further. So now all the frozen food is in the chest freezer outside, waiting to be listed. That is probably too big a task for me to tackle today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a headache when I went to bed on Tuesday night. By Wednesday morning was so unstable could barely make it to the ensuite. Stayed in bed all day, didn't eat, few cups of tea and some water. Terrible night sweat, will have to change the sheets. Apparently was so restless that MrSlim abandoned the bed and went to sleep on the sofa. Poor man.
FBG 7.4
On my feet again this morning, but still feeling groggy and very tired. Despite sleeping most of the day yesterday.
Tuesday I did manage to defrost the freezer. Washed all the shelves etc, but have not got any further. So now all the frozen food is in the chest freezer outside, waiting to be listed. That is probably too big a task for me to tackle today.
Hugs @SlimLizzy
Take care x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.3
Still waiting for this to come down after the horrid booster jab...

Still raining here...

No painting today.
Another photo from summer 5 years ago.
A cheerful yellow flower.

Take care

E50035BA-AF8B-4CBA-978F-829994A4ACA6.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 7.4
Oh thats not good. Any idea of what has caused this - lots of fluids and hope that you are back in balance soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. The bin men have already been and gone to the cheers of early risers. A police car came down the street yesterday - turned round at the bottom and drove back up. Yes folks - it’s like living on a Hollywood film set up here. More quotes locked in for today and again next Tuesday. The cost of getting anything done and even a time slot sometime this decade is a bit of a chew post lockdown. Still, all this is quite superficial on the line of superficialness (is that a word? Must be, I just typed it out). “But is it a real word?” - Oh do be quiet. Big scam on E-Bay. I ordered Mrs Miggins some fancy jewellery and they sent me motorcycle parts.

Art bit - sketch and spray my boy! Big hugs for those who need them, hope your day is better than yesterday. Time for my koffy.

upload_2021-12-30_8-43-10.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Another wet dog walk. Hopefully the last of the wet mornings. Today am doing really boring accounts.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the summer flowers. Reaction to booster is a concern - you can report it here: https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ and I do hope that this clears away sooner rather than later.
Thanks @dunelm for your wishes.
I have already reported it.

On the online neighbourhood site, there are many people who have said about their bad reactions to the Spikevax vaccine, and it ruined their Christmases as well. In a sense, I find that 'comforting', not the right word but I cannot think of a better word, that others had similar reactions to me. It was all from the same vaccination centre.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. The bin men have already been and gone to the cheers of early risers. A police car came down the street yesterday - turned round at the bottom and drove back up. Yes folks - it’s like living on a Hollywood film set up here. More quotes locked in for today and again next Tuesday. The cost of getting anything done and even a time slot sometime this decade is a bit of a chew post lockdown. Still, all this is quite superficial on the line of superficialness (is that a word? Must be, I just typed it out). “But is it a real word?” - Oh do be quiet. Big scam on E-Bay. I ordered Mrs Miggins some fancy jewellery and they sent me motorcycle parts.

Art bit - sketch and spray my boy! Big hugs for those who need them, hope your day is better than yesterday. Time for my koffy.

View attachment 52639
Still waiting for our bin and recycle men @dunelm They are later than usual....
Brilliant imagination in this 'art bit'!