Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well up to 78.05kg today which is disappointing but I’m hoping it’s not “real weight” as it’s increased a lot faster than I expected and I didn’t think I had been so bad this week

But not going to get down about it all, i have been going to the gym and plenty of cycling so it’ll sort itself out!

goes up anymore and that’s when I need to take action to intervene!

MoorT2

Good Morning .. festive season is over and so it's back to the weight watching.

Looks like I made it through Christmas without putting on any weight.

Weight: 77.7 kg this morning, BMI 25.7.

Have a good week all.

Reactions: HeliGary

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
75.5 this morning - up 0.2kg since last week, but I'll let it go just this once because Christmas. Still under a BMI of 25 though, something I thought was impossible a few months ago.

I have set myself the goal of seeing 73.something by the end of January. Should be doable, but the weight loss has slowed a lot - I have a lot less to lose than I did.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight still slipping, again due to a short bout of illness. Cannot remember ever being ill so frequently. Anyone know what leukocytes are? Infection fighters apparently. How do i get more? According to a blood test some months ago, I don't have any.
47.6kg
However my health concerns are minor, my father is ill in hospital. On oxygen and antibiotics, no diagnosis yet.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well sadly my weight has been increasing lately and am now back up to 81.9 Kg :(

But tomorrow is a new year so hopefully it will improve.:)

Reactions: Marianne67

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'd be interested to know too. Mine always seem high! But I haven't tested in a while
Apparently I don't have sufficient to measure...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weight still slipping, again due to a short bout of illness. Cannot remember ever being ill so frequently. Anyone know what leukocytes are? Infection fighters apparently. How do i get more? According to a blood test some months ago, I don't have any.
47.6kg
However my health concerns are minor, my father is ill in hospital. On oxygen and antibiotics, no diagnosis yet.
Hi @SlimLizzy. If you do a search on here (forum and general info) you will find they are talked about alot.
They are mainly the liquids you lose if you vomit or sweat. Loads of commercial products on the market to replace them for holiday tummy bugs etc. They are vitamins and minerals you need daily to keep heart sparking correctly and hair/nails strong and shiny..... and more.
My friend has long covid and her B12 is very low so 3 inj in 6wks. She is improving. She's not diabetic.
Everyone seems knocked about from all the viruses going around. Damp air causes chest infections etc. Keep warm, well hydrated and eat heartily.
I wish you a healthier 2022. A prosperous one too.
Maybe your gut/intestines need investigating if eating well but it's not getting absorbed correctly? Keep us informed as when tired and unwell the last thing you feel like doing is cooking after shopping for specific ingredients.
Don't forget to take salt if sweating alot.

I'm 95kgs so I've added a few pounds but swollen tummy is bad at the moment. It's being investigated, hopefully. Also steroid injection just gives me a bigger appetite but I hv tools to curb it. I'm restocking my cupboards too. After the termines (kids) have 'eaten me out of house and home'. Ha ha :) :) :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yep. Definitely needs investigating. What is your Healthcare provider doing about this? Press them for help hun. :)
We are still trying to find a local doctor who is taking on new clients. There is a countrywide shortage of GPs especially in rural areas.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
We are still trying to find a local doctor who is taking on new clients. There is a countrywide shortage of GPs especially in rural areas.
Oh bless you @SlimLizzy. If you call your regional health officials (in the UK) they are obliged to supply you with their recommended GP for your health needs. In the UK its in the NHS's charter.
Let me know if this problem continues, pls.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
12/10/2021: 138,8 kg (305,4 lb, 21,9 st)
12/17/2021: 137,5 kg (302,5 lb, 21,7 st)
12/24/2021: traveling
12/31/2021: 133.6 kg (293.2 lb, 21.0 st)
Hi @andre53 are you Injecting insulin? Are you inj less when losing small? It may help. Obviously small decreases in par with good bgs. Good bgs is where you get a slot to reduce your insulin. If not Injecting exercise burns off insulin resistance but not as much as less calories.
You're doing brilliantly. Slow and steady always wins the long race.

Reactions: andre53

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh bless you @SlimLizzy. If you call your regional health officials (in the UK) they are obliged to supply you with their recommended GP for your health needs. In the UK its in the NHS's charter.
Let me know if this problem continues, pls.
We are living in France. System is slightly different here and made more complicated by needing a GP with some English.

MoorT2

Happy Friday Folks !!

Today's weigh in - 77kg
BMI - 25.4

Down 0.7 kg from last Friday.

I took the opportunity with the New Year's sales to replace some of the clothes that no longer fit. I had to buy 32" waist jeans .. 32"!!! I've never bought a 32" pair in my life, 6 months ago it was 38/40" waist.