What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ryhia..your scores are so consistently great whatever meter you use :)
Thanks but we both know that D is a truly fickle friend and achieving numbers we like can be more luck than good management. :(

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I managed to get 5.9 this morning! I've always had high morning readings, but now I take dulaglutide things really have improved. But I feel so sick all of the time. I've started eating an occasional gingernut to cope with that.

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi, it healed very well and I was discharged from the foot clinic in November.
Great news on the ulcer I don’t have an ulcer but a large blister that isn’t healing it’s been there over a week now been to podiatry today and I’m going for dressings so hope it heals soon. Caused by swollen feet think it’s happening because of knee injuries months ago, but pleased your problem is solved.K

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A surprising 5.8 this morning. Haven’t had a 5 since last October but maybe it wasn’t true then and it isn’t now. Anyway I’ll take it!
@Granny_grump_ I think its very difficult to heal feet in the winter when you can’t easily bare your feet to the air. Hope the podiatrist helps. Have a good Friday All. Stay well, safe and warm.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
4.9 for me today.

@Granny_grump_ I hope yours heels quickly. I was in hospital for a week on IV antibiotics but very well looked after by the teams.
Hi Marianne just so glad your ok now I’m not has bad has you were but being diabetic you just can’t afford to leave anything that’s not healing it just happens my diabetic podiatry appointment fell within a week of the blister happening, I’ve dressed it everyday but it’s not healing and it’s looking a bit on the infected look so glad I had this appointment you can’t get a face to face with a doctor just a photo sent to surgery. What is happening with our local doctors practitioner’s we see face to face dentist, nurses, hospital appointments and you don’t get any closer than when you have retinopathy people are getting sick and leaving trying to get an appointment and that then overwhelmes the hospital A&E it’s time they woke up it’s not acceptable to treat patients like lepers. No wonder my 20months knee injury is still ongoing and I’ve had to do a self referral to physio yesterday what are they doing they have a responsibility to there patients don’t they.K

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheering from the sidelines as no Swipey and self isolating until Tuesday when Candid Camera has wandered my most intimate regions - annual check. @PenguinMum :woot: for 5s; @DEBBIESCOTT hug for delay winner for exercise; @Pipp and @Granny_grump_ great stuff on the exercise. @Widgets of course, IMHO, it is the sleep. Salmon salad and @karen8967 's meme - Elsie is always ok on Friday. @ultradad hug but it sounds manageable - unlike Spurs or England cricket team.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.8 - “That’ll do Pig….. That’ll do…” - I had an awful LCHF breakfast: Mushrooms, scrambled eggs and chicken sausage. Taken me all day to get rid of the taste. Needed a Diet COKE to wash it away. Yuck….

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967