What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Candid camera all good thanks be to God, the original surgeon, follow up chemo and the care of those NHS heroes at Addenbrookes, Cambridge. Next scheduled one 12 months time which will be 4 of, hopefully, 5. Never great but very clear cut, immediate results I trust so far better than managing T2 by diet. JKP wanted to look in M and S food. Far more stressful for me than the procedure if I'm honest but she is the missing part of me that God knew I needed and if today isn't cause for celebration nothing will be.:woot::woot:
Excellent news Ian.
As the years free of an active tumour stack up the relief mounts.
Derek

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Candid camera all good thanks be to God, the original surgeon, follow up chemo and the care of those NHS heroes at Addenbrookes, Cambridge. Next scheduled one 12 months time which will be 4 of, hopefully, 5. Never great but very clear cut, immediate results I trust so far better than managing T2 by diet. JKP wanted to look in M and S food. Far more stressful for me than the procedure if I'm honest but she is the missing part of me that God knew I needed and if today isn't cause for celebration nothing will be.:woot::woot:
Well done on good result, may you feast with a clear conscience and not guilt trip tomorrow.
, blood sugars tomorrow can be confined to the bin.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good result @ianpspurs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG test kit is still in France.
Sorry everyone have missed pages of posts.
Thank you for all the supportive messages.
Still stunned at how quickly events changed.
Will be in UK for a while now, staying with Mum. Then diverse other relatives.
Seems suitable food is difficult to find. It at least in Mums kitchen. Christmas cake anyone?

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good news @ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems suitable food is difficult to find. It at least in Mums kitchen. Christmas cake anyone?
Good to hear you got back to UK, safely

Hope all is as well as can be family wise .

And the food, sometimes even angels have to forgo things to battle other demons

Clearly you need to be there , so T2D must wait it's turn

Cest la vie

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great News - so pleased for you! :)

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 44

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @gennepher and @alf_Josiah mackerel salad tonight and no Swipey tomorrow. Haven't worn one yet this year but I wouldn't really change what I eat anyhow. Take care yourself and be especially thankful for Mrs A J.
Mackerel salad sounds good!
I need to find some mackerel for myself methinks because the eye doctor at the hospital said I need to eat mackerel for eye health.... @ianpspurs

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad you are where you need to be @SlimLizzy
I absolutely adore Xmas cake, but my diabetes doesn't sadly...
Prayers for you and your family.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg...not taken again because not much sleep, so I am not wasting the strips...

Creative today...
I need more colour in my life...
I picked out the orange acrylic painted sheet in my sketchbook.
Drew silver birches with a black sharpie pen. Then pastel pencils...

Where's Popeye? So, I had to add him!
Much better!

Take care.
Find some positives in the day. They have to be there somewhere. Change your mindset if you have to. I am talking about me, not anyone else. That is why I didn't get much sleep last night...now I have to set my plan in action...coffee first...

47886915-3DC1-4B4A-8D8D-916B19D0E46B.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg...not taken again because not much sleep, so I am not wasting the strips...

Creative today...
I need more colour in my life...
I picked out the orange acrylic painted sheet in my sketchbook.
Drew silver birches with a black sharpie pen. Then pastel pencils...

Where's Popeye? So, I had to add him!
Much better!

Take care.
Find some positives in the day. They have to be there somewhere. Change your mindset if you have to. I am talking about me, not anyone else. That is why I didn't get much sleep last night...now I have to set my plan in action...coffee first...

View attachment 52846
Superb tree trunk forest!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great pic @gennepher

Liking the depth of that orange .very pleasing

Went optimistic of mackerel....just the thought makes me heave

Fish....yuk :spitoutdummy:

But those who enjoy, let alone endure it ,
Happy hunting..:):hilarious:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great pic @gennepher

Liking the depth of that orange .very pleasing

Went optimistic of mackerel....just the thought makes me heave

Fish....yuk :spitoutdummy:

But those who enjoy, let alone endure it ,
Happy hunting..:):hilarious:
Thanks for the pic compliment @jjraak

Well, I am not sure I have ever eaten mackerel...
J always said, never eat mackerel, they are bottom feeders on the ocean floor, and eat all the cr4p and rubbish...

At school in Domestic Science (in the late 1950's) we were taught wifely activities...and one of them was to skin and gut a whole fish. I still remember that experience in full detail...that might have been a mackerel...

Last edited: