What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone under a splendidly blue contrail sky here in the dark and dangerous north
Meter readings just taken and submitted. We still have not been transferred back to our preferred supplier yet - oh how the wheels have slowed down. At this rate we will be back in 1977 in time for a previous Queen’s Jubilee and I will still have hard cash in my Post Office Savings Book account. There is a day out there waiting for someone to join in at take part but we are still stuck at home awaiting the next debacle in Mordor to be unearthed.
This spray of ink told me that a boat and a small figure was needed so there we go. Have the very best day that you can have. I shall begin by making koffy.

upload_2022-1-17_8-49-7.jpeg

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone under a splendidly blue contrail sky here in the dark and dangerous north
Meter readings just taken and submitted. We still have not been transferred back to our preferred supplier yet - oh how the wheels have slowed down. At this rate we will be back in 1977 in time for a previous Queen’s Jubilee and I will still have hard cash in my Post Office Savings Book account. There is a day out there waiting for someone to join in at take part but we are still stuck at home awaiting the next debacle in Mordor to be unearthed.
This spray of ink told me that a boat and a small figure was needed so there we go. Have the very best day that you can have. I shall begin by making koffy.

View attachment 52925
Thank you for sharing your art and I'm delighted that your brush with COVID appears to be towards the mild end of the spectrum. Bellamy in Around the World seems to have been a sharply observed portrait of an infamous English journo turned politico but I may be a little biased.:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning. Higher than usual. No reason why - unless maybe a bad night's sleep because in the evening I had long telephone calls with my friend who has cancer and then my sister, talking about the arrangements for Ben's funeral. I had a really restless night and didn't sleep well. They are coping really well but it is just so sad.

We had a lovely visit to Redwings. I renewed my Sponsorship of Cookie. He looked really happy in the sunshine and was well wrapped up in his warm rug. We had a lovely walk, met several very friendly horses and the coffee was good.
I have given you a winner, but here's some hugs as well @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings everyone. @Granny_grump_ thanks for bringing an Old Timer here - hi @DJC3 - and mentioning @PenguinMum. I think you are actually referencing the semi skimmed thread. No known fbg but I'll fit a Swipey Weds or Thurs - still won't know my fbg but it is the thought that counts. @gennepher thanks for the pastel and I think I spotted Popeye. @Krystyna23040 hug for the sub optimal fbg and sleep but pretty sure you pinpointed the reason. I don't think St Antony knew anything about LC/managing The D by diet but "Those who renounce the world but want to keep something for themselves are torn in this way by the demons who make war on them." Change world to carbs and demons to LC swaps and it is a massive winner, IMHO. I also found Charles Gore: A Biographical Sketch by Gordon Crosse on point personally.especially Gore's saying 'I felt instinctively, and at once, that this sort of sacramental religion was the religion for me.' I mainly have the same menu at the same time having analysed it via Cronometer which is frighteningly close to that. We binge watched Around the world in 80 days last evening. I think JKP appreciated me not sloping orf to watch NFL Slew of tired old tropes incoming from Serial Shambles HQ. Bless. Go Team D.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52925
This painting is absolutely perfect @dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wonder at meaning of life, the universe and vegan bacon sarnies.

A 4.9 this morning, consequently a slight hypo after some task driven exercise, sympathy is not require, just patience in the bucket load waiting for normality to return.

Looking at the falling covid infection rates and knowing a huge amount of people who have recently been infected, something is not equating. Perhaps in a few days the likes of Prof Whitty and Vam Tam will explain, me an me’s await with garlic laden breath.

Stay safe all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wonder at meaning of life, the universe and vegan bacon sarnies.

A 4.9 this morning, consequently a slight hypo after some task driven exercise, sympathy is not require, just patience in the bucket load waiting for normality to return.

Looking at the falling covid infection rates and knowing a huge amount of people who have recently been infected, something is not equating. Perhaps in a few days the likes of Prof Whitty and Vam Tam will explain, me an me’s await with garlic laden breath.

Stay safe all.
These are the nearest emoji's I could find for patience @alf_Josiah

m1701.gif
m1708.gif
m1712.gif

Jojo85

Good morning,

6am fbg 5.8
Looks like it might be raining all week. Hopefully it's cooler in the next few days.
Happy Tuesday!
@gennepher beautiful picture and I'm glad your fbg is down back in the 6s

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,

6am fbg 5.8
Looks like it might be raining all week. Hopefully it's cooler in the next few days.
Happy Tuesday!
@gennepher beautiful picture and I'm glad your fbg is down back in the 6s
Thanks very much @Jojo85
For the painting and Fbg compliments.
:)
You have a good day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all are well.

Sadly disappointed in myself
I now need carer to assist in morning .

Lauren needed back at work
I need little looking after, I said

A lie

Carers all very pleasant, despite never knowing quite who is attending me next day

Determined to make this as short a gig for them as possible ...sorry carers, much love & gratitude, honest

Limited in what they can do or offer me
So I get a visual check, that I'm ok
& A cup of teas & a small breakfast that I'm most grateful for

Too proud to be washed ...I'll manage... is my response & mindset.

Lh hand in plaster fingers to mid forearm ..do NOT get wet
Rh shoulder blade broken, so upwards/side motions severely restricted
Rh leg broke, pinned, reskinned
Rh rear ribs repairing
And various other locations of hurt.

Seated bathing at sink best I can do at mo.

Self washing rather hit & miss.
Lauren helps where I let her

Fraught all round with my indignation/ wounded pride & her frustration at my perceived petulance ...

Too little experience of being a patient, patient
Who knew I'd be such a tw**...(yes, yes, you boys, quiet at the back )

Mobility now moved onto toileting.... alone....yippee.

And made tea & toast today.
Yes, yes food of the devil, but I need to eat to recover, so only 1 battle a day really matters.

I skirt around the T2D where It appears, so only minor skirmishes outside of main meals

Main foods I do better, Lauren knows over the last few years what I can eat , like to eat & should eat
So shops & cooks accordingly

But a damaged wrist from a few years back has become an issue and limits what she can do.
Current nurse ratched duties haven't helped

I'm not quite DiCaprio from the revenant tho it feels it somedays when I let myself wallow.

Must do better.

Been a good day today.
Various family visits

Cheered me up

Rehashing the accident & the repercussions, real or imagined, invade my darker thoughts
So any distractions most welcome.

Well enough to be capable of thinking I have found a rhythm through the day that helps rather then hinders.

As said getting fitter.
The drag of too many points of injury impacting that, but realistic to know each day is step closer to better/fuller recovery.

I tell myself Each dawn is a new day, I get to see & I get to see it complete, where so many don't.

An indulgent whine..sorry

Onwards and upwards
Is the only way forward.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all are well.

A lie

Carers all very pleasant, despite never knowing quite who is attending me next day

Determined to make this as short a gig for them as possible ...sorry carers, much love & gratitude, honest

Rh rear ribs repairing

Fraught all round with my indignation/ wounded pride & her frustration at my perceived petulance ...

Yes, yes food of the devil, but I need to eat to recover, so only 1 battle a day really matters.

I skirt around the T2D where It appears, so only minor skirmishes outside of main meals

Main foods I do better, Lauren knows over the last few years what I can eat , like to eat & should eat

But a damaged wrist from a few years back has become an issue and limits what she can do.

I'm not quite DiCaprio from the revenant tho it feels it somedays when I let myself wallow.

Must do better.

Been a good day today.
Various family visits

Cheered me up

Rehashing the accident & the repercussions, real or imagined, invade my darker thoughts

Well enough to be capable of thinking I have found a rhythm through the day that helps rather then hinders.

As said getting fitter.
The drag of too many points of injury impacting that, but realistic to know each day is step closer to better/fuller recovery.

I tell myself Each dawn is a new day, I get to see & I get to see it complete, where so many don't.

Onwards and upwards
Is the only way forward.
Patience at being a patient is not easy at the best of times.
Extra gentle hugs from afar for you @jjraak

t4621.gif

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope all are well.

A lie

Rh rear ribs repairing

Must do better.

Been a good day today.
Various family visits

Cheered me up

As said getting fitter.

Onwards and upwards
Is the only way forward.
FB_IMG_1638378697808.jpg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Spoke too soon about mild winter. Chilly 0.4C just now. Dry and sunny predicted, so some carpentry awaits.

FBG 8.2 mmo/lt at 0645. Same as, same as.........but the tale of the scales says otherwise, so I'll keep with the program of LCHF and dry Jan.

Have a great day.