What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@True Blue & @Granny_grump_ Thanks for your carefully constructed advice.

Let’s deal with the covid issue first, me and me’s are on the extremely vulnerable list if you read my profile you will see why, next mentally I exist in the 11 known dimensions and six realities hence the me and me’s, sometimes one or the other of me goes wandering. Next again I have a few hobbies, making childrens furniture and outdoor toys and planters, learning how to play the keyboard or as I call it plinky plonky, walking, reading and physics and riding my motorcycle. But my biggest hobby is causing chaos and mayhem which me and me’s hope brings a smile to peoples faces. Treat my posts as an trip too the absurd view on life and I hope you smile.
Once again thanks for your advice.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a lovely bright and sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. A second negative LFT result so I am now officially entitled to re-enact any of episode of Janet and John as read by the late, great, Terry Wogan. Mrs Miggins has managed to squeeze in even more garden stuff into the now solidly full skip (unless you fill the gaps with water). It will be collected today at some point. I wonder if we will need another one before spring. Another set back - chosen plumber had to cancel as it is now his turn to have a small variety packet of Covid-19.
Another deliberate ink spray and fill in the gaps loosely based upon China’s Zhangjiajie Mountains as depicted by the artist Fu Baoshi. Hope that you all have a good day today, I am fast running out of koffy.

View attachment 53038
Brilliant artwork. Very detailed @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Let’s deal with the covid issue first, me and me’s are on the extremely vulnerable list if you read my profile you will see why, next mentally I exist in the 11 known dimensions and six realities hence the me and me’s, sometimes one or the other of me goes wandering. Next again I have a few hobbies, making childrens furniture and outdoor toys and planters, learning how to play the keyboard or as I call it plinky plonky, walking, reading and physics and riding my motorcycle. But my biggest hobby is causing chaos and mayhem which me and me’s hope brings a smile to peoples faces. Treat my posts as an trip too the absurd view on life and I hope you smile.
Chaos and Mayhem sounds the best of hobbies @alf_Josiah
t0257.gif
t0258.gif
t0259.gif
t0260.gif
t0261.gif
t0267.gif

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Hope you took friendly advice in same context it’s how we have dealt with our retirement years only blip was Covid.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Hi alf_Josiah just read your profile sorry your coping with lots of health issues I’m just getting used to being on here again so not upto date on everyone yet, wishing you all the best in your fight with your health.K

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi alf_Josiah just read your profile sorry your coping with lots of health issues I’m just getting used to being on here again so not upto date on everyone yet, wishing you all the best in your fight with your health.K
Thanks, health issue is just an ongoing part of my life, it’s a case of just roll with the punches and smile. There are always many people in a worse position than me.

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks, health issue is just an ongoing part of my life, it’s a case of just roll with the punches and smile. There are always many people in a worse position than me.
Alf, my daughter told me at the weekend, those with impaired immunity and those with white cell problems like myself should get a fourth booster to give them extra protection.
It was the ones on the shielded list who are no longer shielded.
ATB
Derek

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
The local church has been told from this Sunday, no masks, no distancing, back to normal as per PM instructions.
Ironical the ministers wife had all the older children at the manse last Sunday and one went down with Omicron next day.

I know for a fact doctors won't be throwing their masks away!
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Alf, my daughter told me at the weekend, those with impaired immunity and those with white cell problems like myself should get a fourth booster to give them extra protection.
It was the ones on the shielded list who are longer shielded.
ATB
Derek
Hello Lindisfel
Your doctor daughter is correct, me and me’s have had 3 full jabs and will be due a booster in a couple of months, a fellow transplant patient had a 4th or booster jab a day or so ago.
I shall still be shielding and wearing a mask.

Jojo85

Hi everyone!

6.30am fbg was 5.4
Had low carb pancakes for breakfast and spent all morning at the shops getting bbq meats, salads etc. I'm having my in laws over tomorrow for Australia day!! Nothing like a good ol fashioned Aussie BBQ lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Blinking cold yesterday.

Spent 4 separate 15 mins in the garden trying to do a job, but then came back to recover under the electric blanket in bed...
So many dull grey days, what my mother used to call gas oven days...as in the Simon&Garfunkel song A Most Peculiar Man....

There was a brightly coloured small bird in my garden yesterday, but the sparrows were attacking it. It had an orange breast. I went out but the flying and acrobatics was so fast, I could neither see it properly, nor catch it.

I need sun, so, I painted a sunset in iPastel.
But the weather app still says dark clouds all day again...

Keep the curtains shut today. Turn on the fairy lights. Go on Google Earth, and find blue skies and sun. I am currently wending my way (virtually) up towards Mount Fuji...

Time for a cuppa...and a bit more of Mount Fuji...
Enjoy your morning cuppa!

531B8149-7C75-47E7-884B-C42123A7F97C.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Blinking cold yesterday.

Spent 4 separate 15 mins in the garden trying to do a job, but then came back to recover under the electric blanket in bed...
So many dull grey days, what my mother used to call gas oven days...as in the Simon&Garfunkel song A Most Peculiar Man....

There was a brightly coloured small bird in my garden yesterday, but the sparrows were attacking it. It had an orange breast. I went out but the flying and acrobatics was so fast, I could neither see it properly, nor catch it.

I need sun, so, I painted a sunset in iPastel.
But the weather app still says dark clouds all day again...

Keep the curtains shut today. Turn on the fairy lights. Go on Google Earth, and find blue skies and sun. I am currently wending my way (virtually) up towards Mount Fuji...

Time for a cuppa...and a bit more of Mount Fuji...
Enjoy your morning cuppa!

View attachment 53059
Beautiful sunset. All those little details of the trees along that fence line. Smashing. Mind how you go up Mount Juji - it get’s cold on top.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful sunset. All those little details of the trees along that fence line. Smashing. Mind how you go up Mount Juji - it get’s cold on top.
Thank you very much @dunelm
Thanks for the warning, I shall turn up the electric blanket as I get up higher...

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

I spoke too soon. The noisy neighbours were at it again yesterday building-work-wise, They seem nice people with really funny little children who should be moving in soon. I think they are Muslim, so a tin of Quality Street will probably be more suitable than a gift of wine.

FBG 7.2 mmo/lt at 0655, which is a hybrid mean of a 7.7 mess and a 6.7 retest.

Have a great day.