What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, sorry no time.

a 5.3 this morning.
Stay safe all

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Coffee drunk, dog walk next, then off to warm up hall before morning classes.

Another busy day ahead.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there Folks

FBG 7.7 mmo/lt at 0700. Not disheartened as I only have had about 40g of carbs/day recently, so the BG must be associated with weight loss. I read somewhere that Newcastle University found a typical weight loss of 15Kg/2.5st was needed to put T2 into remission along with lifestyle changes.

Have a great day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Swipey still in the post and I won't stab. @gennepher have a good nap and thank you for the gorgeous creative featuring His Lordship. @Krystyna23040 what a wonderful lady warming the hall. @karen8967 another great fbg. I'm off to the gym later and we are looking after our 5 month old grandson. Both are a total privilege and blessing but carry a big responsibility to be truly thankful and "get it right." Don't get ambushed by cake today - you'll get in a world of trouble.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there Folks

FBG 7.7 mmo/lt at 0700. Not disheartened as I only have had about 40g of carbs/day recently, so the BG must be associated with weight loss. I read somewhere that Newcastle University found a typical weight loss of 15Kg/2.5st was needed to put T2 into remission along with lifestyle changes.

Have a great day.
Great attitude in looking at the Big Picture for you personally. I have no idea what remission really means - so many definitions BUT I'm fully with that Newcastle University idea. I dropped from 96 kgs in June 2016 to 76 in Dec 2016. Weight stayed off and A1cs all <pre D since Dec 2016 - last one 5.4. Personally, I don't think that is remission.

Last edited:

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great attitude in looking at the Big Picture for you personally. I have no idea what remission means really means - so many definitions BUT I'm fully with that Newcastle University idea. I dropped from 96 kgs in June 2016 to 76 in Dec 2016. Weight stayed off and A1cs all <pre D since Dec 2016 - last one 5.4 Personally, I don't think that is remission.
Hello @ianspurs I think remission means stable BG with low meds, no insulin injections and an active lifestyle. I don't think we can expect to return to a pre-diabetic status. Of course I could be wrong, so I invite discussion on this important topic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Creative today...another pastel sunset in iPastel...a bit of a quickie this morning.
Another dark dull grey day promised by the weather app, and cold again.
Going to have a quick nap under my steam eye mask before I start the day again. I have been awake since 3 am...zzz...

Take care...

View attachment 53073
Another lovely sunset - hello Popeye. Enjoy your nap

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another day of promise here in the dark and dangerous north
Windows and doors fitting team will be here shortly so need to unlock things for them. What will we do with all these old keys - put them in a box with all the other no longer required keys and let the grandchildren play with them? Did anyone partake of the Great chieftain o the puddin'-race last night - us neither. Mrs Miggins had a hankering for mussels but none were to be had so tuna it was. Is 2 minutes either side just over cooking it?
Have as good as day as you can. I shall now go and make koffy.

upload_2022-1-26_8-17-44.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another day of promise here in the dark and dangerous north
Windows and doors fitting team will be here shortly so need to unlock things for them. What will we do with all these old keys - put them in a box with all the other no longer required keys and let the grandchildren play with them? Did anyone partake of the Great chieftain o the puddin'-race last night - us neither. Mrs Miggins had a hankering for mussels but none were to be had so tuna it was. Is 2 minutes either side just over cooking it?

View attachment 53076
I hope the windows and doors replacement goes well. Thank you for sharing your art. We had some Haggis yesterday - I only had swede/rutabaga/neeps - no tatties. Also seemed right to have an above average wee dram. Sorry for the cultural appropriation but I was born on June 19th in an elite City. By today's standards I am clearly entitled to do whatever I want, when I want.

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was 6.0mmol
Have a good day everyone.K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I invite discussion on this important topic.
That would be good. Since this thread has slightly looser terms of reference could that be done on here? I quite like the broad thrust of your "definition" (can you have a broad thrust as a definition outside of "levelling up" or "people's priorities"?) For information, my weight today is 74.8 kgs but I feel more "comfortable" at 73 kgs - 74 at a push. I firmly believe that for me, weight, lipid levels and some measure of strength/percentage lean muscle are as important as bg/A1c. Bg control is obviously necessary but not nearly sufficient. I've never understood how the HF part of LCHF is helpful to me.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 53076
Amazing landscape for me to wander in @dunelm
Love it....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative today...another pastel sunset in iPastel...a bit of a quickie this morning.
Another dark dull grey day promised by the weather app, and cold again.
Going to have a quick nap under my steam eye mask before I start the day again. I have been awake since 3 am...zzz...

Take care...

View attachment 53073

Very much a "lion king" feel.

Also a slight hint or nod to the 'aliens' from War of the World's...original not the pale cruise copy.

Nice

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @ianspurs I think remission means stable BG with low meds, no insulin injections and an active lifestyle. I don't think we can expect to return to a pre-diabetic status. Of course I could be wrong, so I invite discussion on this important topic.
I absolutely agree @True Blue that remission does not mean we are 'cured' of diabetes. The diabetes is still there but is being managed by lifestyle changes. If we go back to our old lifestyles it will definitely come back. I am classed as diabetes resolved but have no illusions (nor has my diabetes nurse) that I am 'cured'. We both know that it will come back with a vengeance if I go back to my high carb low fat diet.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very much a "lion king" feel.

Also a slight hint or nod to the 'aliens' from War of the World's...original not the pale cruise copy.

Nice
Thank you @jjraak

I watched both films...
The first one is more dramatic!
The Cruise one is a bit slow...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'd agree @True Blue .

Like a cancer in remission.

Not causing an expected deterioration or health implications anticipated by the disease.
(Cancer/diabetes/etc)

And @Krystyna23040 hits it nicely for me.
Have it now.
Have it forever
Just perhaps Mildly delayed once we start eating to a previous lifestyle.

And @ianpspurs ..I did originally worry regarding the 'higher fat'.

Reconciled that while others lobbed extra fats on foods or into coffee.

For me it was reverting to my earlier younger self pre, low fat low cal food.
Back to butter not chemically synthesized spreads.

And enjoying the meat WITH the fat left on.
Served the purpose of making food taste fantastic.
And left me satiated & less prone to hunger between meals.

We're all on the same journey, but taking slightly different routes.
So what works for some may not work for others

No worries, as long as we all get there as safely as possible , and with all the support on here from like minded people, who is to say we don't ALL have s great chance of making it :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @jjraak

I watched both films...
The first one is more dramatic!
The Cruise one is a bit slow...

Agree.

Think the original benefited from being more unexpected & sinister

I like cruise, but sometimes his presence over powers certain roles.
Think that one is a good example.