What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative today...a sunrise in iPastel.
I fancy an early breakfast...

FE0A61F6-1471-492C-B581-E2A17AE8111D.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Postman Pat again today, this time to several blocks of flats that have no lifts. Good for calf muscles and cardio-vascular fitness if repeated, but not as a one-off. Respect to posties everywhere.

FBG 6.8 mmo/lt at 0630.

Have a great day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a still and dark start here in the dark and dangerous north
Carpet fitters arrived on time so another job ticked off the list. French doors now fitted to dining room, the will be back this morning to finish. Kitchen bloke due at 8am to go through final plan - not a big plan as it’s only big if you live on a barge, or a Bedu tent. Girl in the bubble yesterday as well - always fun. We did some “painting” but had to be quiet as her dolly was trying to sleep. Early dinner catch up with eldest grandchildren later so looking forward to that.
Mainly mountains today with an attempt at a river, oh well. Have a smashing Friday - will you tuck it onto the weekend? Time for some early koffy.

upload_2022-1-28_6-49-23.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. A bit higher than usual but absolutely no idea why.

Dogs are waiting for their early morning dog walk so I must get ready. Not looking forward to going out in the cold.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a still and dark start here in the dark and dangerous north
Carpet fitters arrived on time so another job ticked off the list. French doors now fitted to dining room, the will be back this morning to finish. Kitchen bloke due at 8am to go through final plan - not a big plan as it’s only big if you live on a barge, or a Bedu tent. Girl in the bubble yesterday as well - always fun. We did some “painting” but had to be quiet as her dolly was trying to sleep. Early dinner catch up with eldest grandchildren later so looking forward to that.
Mainly mountains today with an attempt at a river, oh well. Have a smashing Friday - will you tuck it onto the weekend? Time for some early koffy.

View attachment 53103
Brilliant...I might do some white water rafting in this landscape @dunelm
Time for another coffee here...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Postman Pat again today, this time to several blocks of flats that have no lifts. Good for calf muscles and cardio-vascular fitness if repeated, but not as a one-off. Respect to posties everywhere.

FBG 6.8 mmo/lt at 0630.

Have a great day.
Hugs @True Blue
Your legs must be aching by now...

Posties here wear shorts even in the depth of winter. Very strong defined leg muscles they have...
One of them even runs his entire round, and I live at the top of a very steep hill...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Thank you for the creative @gennepher and for your artwork @dunelm. Relatively blue sky here and frost on the roofs so hugs @Krystyna23040. No 4 granddaughter here again as nursery and school rife with COVID so case rate alarmingly high. JKP was beyond pleased with her yesterday for saying "mm, delicious Nanny" at evening meal time. 2.5 y.o. and possesses all the tricks already. Must be built in to blue eyed, blonde cuties. LFT, then hopefully gym (masked for me if anyone is on eqpt within 2 metres and to and from disinfecting stations) my meal will be salmon salad. That is about as good as living with T2 gets for me. However you deal with The D: Behold, how good and joyful a thing it is brethren, to dwell together in unity.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning Everyone
Sorry it’s so late posting we went to Colne outlet centre called Boundary Mills fabulous place to visit.
My BG this morning was 6.6 but it dropped to 5.1 2 hours after breakfast of Greek yogurt and berries cup coffee
Hope you enjoyed your day everyone.K
That's a blast from the past I used to live in that neck of the woods.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a blast from the past I used to live in that neck of the woods.
I have big family connections with Colne - Cambridgeshire though. Not a chance of an outlet or valley there. The Meridian Line runs through my favourite dog walk which also passes the original church and home of my Great Grandparents. Carols around the tree on the village green in front of the church is simply idyllic. In an ideal world that or something very similar is where I will end my days. Quintessentially English unlike the cod version sold by Cakeman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Granny_grump_

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will venture into unknown day.
An unsurprising 7.1 this morning on that meter…..
It looks cold outside, but the weather does make you question the statement that we live in the temperate zone of this 3rd rock from our local fusion reactor.
It is time for me to perform my husbandly duties……Make Mrs J’s early morning, for her tea, me and me’s hope you weren’t thinking of anything else.
Stay warm, stay safe and I shall stay masked.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is time for me to perform my husbandly duties……Make Mrs J’s early morning, for her tea, me and me’s hope you weren’t thinking of anything else.
Please don't ambush her with cake as that could be seen as a party by the meedja.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I have big family connections with Colne - Cambridgeshire though. Not a chance of an outlet or valley there. The Meridian Line runs through my favourite dog walk which also passes the original church and home of my Great Grandparents. Carols around the tree on the village green in front of the church is simply idyllic. In an ideal world that or something very similar is where I will end my days. Quintessentially English unlike the cod version sold by Cakeman.
We’re we live it used to be similar many moons ago, I walked to school past corn fields we were a village then lots of mothers used to help the farmers in autumn picking potatoes carrots and turnip then has school closed for the day the farmer picked us up on his tractor and we then joined our mothers and helped with the vegetable picking. In May we had a May Queen it’s all gone now all the farms locally have sold there land for building so the village is now a small town, but idillic happy times sadly will never return.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Day I’m late again been for my walk to get my joints moving did 4871steps today but it’s dropped my BG to 5.7.
But it’s up in morning at 4.30am it was 7.1 Lunch time yesterday I tried a ciabatta roll with bacon and egg 2 hours later BG was 11 then it dropped to 5.4 before evening meal had baked salmon with salad BG after 2hrs was 6.8 only changes in food and drink was ciabatta roll and pomegranate juice 100ml, and I’m trying for pain relief CBD oil but that pushes my BG up too. But on the whole I don’t think I can do any better except leave out the bread I just try different things and test before food and 2 hrs. after food, I’m checking how much CBD oil on its own increases my BG took it at 11.30 am but needed the higher amount in the dropper today after my walk so I will check it in 2 hours at 1.30 if it increases BG a lot I don’t have anywhere else to go has I have developed over years of different pain relieving medication a sever allergic reaction to Codeine so I can’t take the usual pain relief meds. Does anyone else use CBD oil if so what do you think of it, I think it’s pretty darn good no pain within 30min. But only started using it last Thursday I bought it in York while we were away last week from Holland and Barrett on the High Street they are in most towns and cities, I stopped for a couple of days when BG went up but has I mentioned I need something when I’m in a flare up it’s been 12 weeks since flare up started so I started using it again today.K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We’re we live it used to be similar many moons ago, I walked to school past corn fields we were a village then lots of mothers used to help the farmers in autumn picking potatoes carrots and turnip then has school closed for the day the farmer picked us up on his tractor and we then joined our mothers and helped with the vegetable picking. In May we had a May Queen it’s all gone now all the farms locally have sold there land for building so the village is now a small town, but idillic happy times sadly will never return.K
Hug for that and the pain. Colne, Cambs is still virtually unspoiled. although cereals and protein crops - massive expansion - have replaced fruit growing (mainly plums). We moved almost 2 years ago. I will never settle here having experienced that type of life for some part of 64 years. JKP's 92 yo mum moved here last year - having vowed she would never leave her previous house:banghead:. We had a bungalow with plenty of land to build an annex, open fields on all sides. Obviously I want her to live as long and as independently as possible but perceptive regulars may have detected I'm a tad homesick. Only 25 miles away but not remotely the same. Thoughts and prayers with you over managing the pain and diet.
Edit: Covid daily snapshot 28/1/22 for here and where we came from. Guess which is which. There's a clue in average house prices IMHO. The Waitrose effect?:angelic:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-28 16.14.32.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-28 16.14.32.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot 2022-01-28 16.16.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-28 16.16.14.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2022-01-28 14.10.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-28 14.10.26.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: