What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't manage the whole day without food - maybe should have had a bigger breakfast although BG didn't go down as far as I expected - been around 12 - 13 all day but it finally came down to 9 and that's when I decided to have a banana. Now up to 10.8. We'll see if it drops away in the next hour or so.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why can't I do a funny and a hug? Chose funny in the end because you are so up-beat but having a molar removed deserves a hug any day.
Thanks!
Happy to have made you laugh, and I wasn't doubting you and @Alexandra100 meant very well with the funny ratings!

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my first lo dough wrap today made a "pizza" with it and I was very underwhelmed with the outcome.
It is unfortunate that they come in packs of 2 as I have no idea what to do with the other one. Needless to say I will not be buying them again.
I must learn that things masquerading as "normal" food rarely are worth the money or the time.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 another one here who opted for funny but also wanted to give you a big big hug I hate extractions they are quite traumatic hope it settles quickly
@Bildad im also not a big fan of lodough and don’t buy anymore however after earlier trials - I seem to remember that the thing I used it for and liked the most was using as a pastry substitute for the bottom of a quiche - maybe worth a try - as if you don’t like it you can just eat it the filling as pastryless quiche so less waste!
Lunch two eggs scrambled in butter with a few M and S seeded crackers followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries and two squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner venison meatballs with hm passatta and 10g of lc protein pasta plus glass of red wine followed by Deliciously Guilt Free salted caramel blondie warmed and served with spoon of extra thick cream.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thank you. I'll try ditching the carbs first and see what happens. Maybe I won't need to window-eat!
It's not so much ditching them as reducing them. The NHS advised me, when I was first diagnosed, to have 130g of carbs a day. I ignored that pretty quickly, but I brought them down gradually. I dropped to 70-80g then stuck around 50g for a few weeks. I never thought I'd go under 20g but discovered not only was it possible, it soon became normal. One step at a time.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing to report today. Doing an unplanned fast after nasty stomach upset last night. Boys are fine and all ate the same so maybe I got something from touching the raw chicken when cooking?
At least all the info on the forum means I'm not fearing the fast, in fact I sort of welcome it. If all goes to plan it will be 40 or more hours.
Oh and my libre failed in the night. Another is on way, making the second replacement. 3 for the price of 1:happy:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Quite agree on the substitute foods @Bildad and @RosemaryJackson it must be the day for wandering off piste. My mitigating circumstances are that I was led astray by @DJC3

Very nice lunch at Nando’s. Was going to say we shared a whole chicken, but I had about three quarters of it! Added some Halloumi and their moreish nuts. Then what should have been a 4 mile round walk to the nearest Hotel Chocolat cafe turned into a 6.3 mile walk the ‘scenic’ way. An 85% hot chocolate and whip followed. BG spike limited by the walk either side. No photographic evidence, but did snap this along the way.

B537B2D4-4C83-4183-BB14-71C6F851ACC6.jpeg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.7 FBG 6 - Getting a bit chilly out. Good day though. Eldest grandson is finally back in school full time.

B. TAG and since Hubby was soup making I settled for 30g of that LC granola, with coconut milk and a few raspberries.

L. Not usually a lunch person but I had the 2 rashers of back bacon and 2 eggs I'd been having for breakfast.

D. Nice pink rack of lamb with baked halloumi, wilted spinach and mint sauce.

@Antje77 - only thing worse than a molar extraction is an unexpected molar extraction! Paracetamol to the ready. Hope it heals quickly. @MrsA2 - I hope you recover quickly too xx

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rather hungry again, so increased the protein, and ate 3 meals
Breakfast: full fat Fage yogurt, walnuts, decaff black coffee
Lunch: cold pork sausage, decaff black coffee
Afternoon: cappucino
Dinner: 2egg omelette with spinach, red pepper, onion, salmon with lemon mayonnaise, olives and cheddar cheese, sugar free tonic

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
To make up for the lack of food and because I'm feeling rather sorry for myself with the surprise tooth extraction, I added at least double the usual amount of cheese (both grated and cream) to the cauliflower puree I'll have later tonight with boef bourguignon from the freezer.
Didn't feel like eating at all, very glad I forced myself to put a plate of food in the microwave though.
Once I started eating it tasted so good, feel a lot better too now, although the mouth is still sore, despite painkillers.

272786544_10225006207216719_890224273163772267_n.jpg

but did snap this along the way.

b537b2d4-4c83-4183-bb14-71c6f851acc6-jpeg.53081

Love it, it's so ridiculous!
It also makes me think of a famous book character, will share in the parallel thread. :)
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...ten-parallel-chat.177870/page-84#post-2481511

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Quite agree on the substitute foods @Bildad and @RosemaryJackson it must be the day for wandering off piste. My mitigating circumstances are that I was led astray by @DJC3

Very nice lunch at Nando’s. Was going to say we shared a whole chicken, but I had about three quarters of it! Added some Halloumi and their moreish nuts. Then what should have been a 4 mile round walk to the nearest Hotel Chocolat cafe turned into a 6.3 mile walk the ‘scenic’ way. An 85% hot chocolate and whip followed. BG spike limited by the walk either side. No photographic evidence, but did snap this along the way.

View attachment 53081

Ace dog!

This is my avatar on another forum

Dog Leg.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not eaten much as of yet, as I had this surprise dentist appointment.
I have this one molar in the back which has been a bit loose for a while, dentist and I hoped it would settle again. It's been just so slightly botherig me, so I thought to give them a call to ask for an appointment to have it extracted sometime in the next months, no hurry.
This was at 1:10 pm, and I hadn't eaten yet. The assistent said someone had rang off so could I make it in 20 minutes?
It being a 15 minute drive, this left me 4 minutes to brush my teeth, so off I went but without having eaten anything yet!

It's 5:30 now, and the numbness is finally getting better. I did have some grated cheese (bad idea when your cheek, half your tongue and even part of your throat is numb, but that's just what you do without thinking when grating cheese) and I scooped some cream cheese from the package with my finger when making cauliflower puree (went a lot better than the grated cheese).

To make up for the lack of food and because I'm feeling rather sorry for myself with the surprise tooth extraction, I added at least double the usual amount of cheese (both grated and cream) to the cauliflower puree I'll have later tonight with boef bourguignon from the freezer.
I was going to make something with minced meat but it turned out I didn't have any. Not a bad thing at all, I doubt I'd be up to be cooking from scratch today.

For now, there is a saying that a beer is a cheese sandwich in the Netherlands.
Not counting the little bit of cheese I had while cooking, I guess we can say I'm having a well deserved cheese sandwich for breakfast right now... :bag::D

I love that saying ‘a beer is a cheese sandwich!’ Really made me laugh but so sorry for your unexpected tooth extraction. It’s so traumatic even when you are prepared for it.
The silliest thing I ever did when my mouth was still numb after the dentist, was try to eat a fried egg. The texture of the egg white was indistinguishable from the inside of my cheek and lip and I made an even bloodier mess of my mouth chomping on bits of it.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my first lo dough wrap today made a "pizza" with it and I was very underwhelmed with the outcome.
It is unfortunate that they come in packs of 2 as I have no idea what to do with the other one. Needless to say I will not be buying them again.
I must learn that things masquerading as "normal" food rarely are worth the money or the time.

Agree with @shelley262 that making a quiche base with the LoDough works well. Then again I quite like LoDough pizza so it might not suit you. They are pretty expensive though aren’t they?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t bother with hotel breakfast today, instead I popped out to Waitrose and got cold meat, salami and cheese. Very much nicer.

Lunch at Nando’s - really enjoyed the food and the company, I’ve missed both. Lovely hotel chocolate mocha and whipped 85% chocolate cream after the ‘scenic route’ stroll there.
Later on a few more slices of salami and cheese.
@Goonergal I have photographic evidence! Could have eaten an awful lot more of the chocolate whip!
IMG_1643234784.122499.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My dentist prescribed single malt whisky when I had a couple of teeth removed years ago, and eat softish food for a few days.
Mine asked me if I knew what to expect. So I replied with: "I guess you'll pull the thing and then tell me I'm not to smoke for at least 24 hours, which we both know won't happen".
I'll ask about the single malt next time I see him, sounds just like the advice for me!
Think wodka will work too?
Could have eaten an awful lot more of the chocolate whip!
I WANT THAT!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still on my holibobs!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: M&S cold Mexican chicken with leafy salad, coleslaw and one tomato followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.
Mid afternoon at Starbucks: white choc phd bar and a coconut cappuccino.
Dinner at Bella Italia: chicken wrapped in proscuitto in masala sauce with brocolli and two tiny roasted new potatos

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. I dgf pecan & caramel cookie. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - roast chicken with large salad. 1 dgf blueberry crumble & bisnott - couldn't decide what one to have so had both! with kefir on top (yep dgf order eventually arrived today)