What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a still dark start to the latest episode of International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north
Our garage is now looking a bit better with an electric roller door, new side door and french doors at the back. There will eventually be a stud wall to split the inside into a bike garage and a garden room. Today the noise and mess moves into the dining room where the window will be taken out and doors into the garden fitted. Carpet fitters are also coming over to carpet the upstairs bedrooms and the stairs. Face covering are no longer required from today in England. I shall continue to wear mine, even when I go outdoors.
Another landscape this morning and again, in portrait. But, as it’s not The Fighting Temeraire, let’s not worry about it. Have the very best day that you can. I will finish my tea and then make a pot of koffy.
upload_2022-1-27_7-10-36.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee but must get going shortly as I am having my hair trimmed this morning.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Still dark, chilly winter here and still no Swipey installed. MRI with coloured dye needed next Wednesday so pointless wasting so much usage. @dunelm work is cracking on a pace and thanks for sharing the art. @Jojo85 great fbg and I forgot to say I hope Australia Day went well. Gym and grandson minding both went well yesterday, Today we have charge of his big sister. @jjraak I am reconciled to fat being part and parcel of nearly all my protein, not sure about what to spread butter on or what chemicals were put on the grass and in the cows so an uneasy compromise. I don't recognise satiate (fill up with huge mugs of tea) and vinaigrette is mostly where tasty lives now. It is what it is and I'll never know the result of my Post Mortem. The Spirit of the Age is gaslighting/alternative facts and I'm a cynical guy so deep down I have always distrusted HF. I respect all those who have done their due diligence, live the LCHF life and feel amazing. The common ground seems to be cut the carbs and weight, lift some weights at gym or in useful work and eat yer greens.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reconciled that while others lobbed extra fats on foods or into coffee.

For me it was reverting to my earlier younger self pre, low fat low cal food.
Back to butter not chemically synthesized spreads.

And enjoying the meat WITH the fat left on.
Served the purpose of making food taste fantastic.
And left me satiated & less prone to hunger between meals.

We're all on the same journey, but taking slightly different routes.
So what works for some may not work for others

No worries, as long as we all get there as safely as possible , and with all the support on here from like minded people, who is to say we don't ALL have s great chance of making it :happy:
Yes, it is so interesting that we are all taking slightly different routes and that we don't have to stick ridgedly to just one route.

For me lobbing on lots of fat onto food and into coffee didn't leave me feeling full of energy and healthy. I haven't avoided fat and love vegetables stir fried in a little bit of real butter. Meat with the fat on, seeds, nuts and a little bit of cheese.

I just don't go overboard on the fats. After years and years of low fat, which did not leave me feeling very healthy I think that I am sort of on the middle ground between low fat and high fat and feel exceptionally well.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good national bin day Morening ladies and gentlemen, have you just done an lft test, smarmy, smug old git here has, saves picking your nose I suppose :spitoutdummy: :sour: .
Another 5.3 on that meter.
Interesting bit of chatter on this thread this morning as to what’s works for you, the trick is finding what works for you. Now please excuse me and me’s for a moment Mrs J has just arisen and is demanding tea.
Tea made and a koffy four ( fore or for ) me.
A couple of regular posters wished me well for my blood test the other day, unfortunately the results weren’t good resulting in 2 phone calls from the hospital and another blood test yesterday and a blood test booked for next week, ahh the joys of being on warfarin. In the big scheme of things this is a minor inconvenience and me and me’s are thankful it wasn’t my liver function tests. Sympathy is not required, but sanity is, by the bucket full.
As a reward for being good or bad, me and me’s know knot ( not ) I shall be taken food shopping this morning, I might promise not to throw a strop, put random items in strangers trollies then again……..
Anyway life is for living so stay safe, stay apart and I distrust the government’s covid infection rate figures.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I distrust the government’s covid infection rate figures.
Hug for the test results however much you protest. As for the quoted I definitely agree with you - which is a real cause of cognitive dissonance. Word of the year Grayja vu:D Take care young Alfred, young sparrow me owl. Heed these wise words

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a still dark start to the latest episode of International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north
Our garage is now looking a bit better with an electric roller door, new side door and french doors at the back. There will eventually be a stud wall to split the inside into a bike garage and a garden room. Today the noise and mess moves into the dining room where the window will be taken out and doors into the garden fitted. Carpet fitters are also coming over to carpet the upstairs bedrooms and the stairs. Face covering are no longer required from today in England. I shall continue to wear mine, even when I go outdoors.
Another landscape this morning and again, in portrait. But, as it’s not The Fighting Temeraire, let’s not worry about it. Have the very best day that you can. I will finish my tea and then make a pot of koffy.
View attachment 53086
I was in England yesterday and wore my face mask in a sea of non-face-mask wearers...
So, I agree with you.
Your renovations sound great. I love the idea of them...
I really like this painting. Again, I can wander through it in my mind...all sorts of secret things in there...
Yes, time for coffee....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good national bin day Morening ladies and gentlemen, have you just done an lft test, smarmy, smug old git here has, saves picking your nose I suppose :spitoutdummy: :sour: .
Another 5.3 on that meter.
Interesting bit of chatter on this thread this morning as to what’s works for you, the trick is finding what works for you. Now please excuse me and me’s for a moment Mrs J has just arisen and is demanding tea.
Tea made and a koffy four ( fore or for ) me.
A couple of regular posters wished me well for my blood test the other day, unfortunately the results weren’t good resulting in 2 phone calls from the hospital and another blood test yesterday and a blood test booked for next week, ahh the joys of being on warfarin. In the big scheme of things this is a minor inconvenience and me and me’s are thankful it wasn’t my liver function tests. Sympathy is not required, but sanity is, by the bucket full.
As a reward for being good or bad, me and me’s know knot ( not ) I shall be taken food shopping this morning, I might promise not to throw a strop, put random items in strangers trollies then again……..
Anyway life is for living so stay safe, stay apart and I distrust the government’s covid infection rate figures.
I am going to give you a hug anyway, it's not sympathy, but to say I understand this thing being out of your personal control.
t1702.gif

g54053.gif

Sanity? What's that?

h28001.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nearly forgot before I disappeared...

Fbg 6. 5

A painting created between 3 apps.
What is it?
Reason behind it?
Well, I will keep that to myself...
It would take me a book to write this (to explain) to this point in my life.
But life is totally out of your control.
You can do your absolute very best.
But at every twist and turn life can give you the sourest of lemons, which accumulate in their complexity and convolutions.
You do your very best again, but then...
All over again...
It doesn't go away...
Well, I have just shut my emotional door on all that.
I won't accept it in any shape or form.
I talked it over with my friend in England yesterday. She knows the whole history of this.
And this is where I am today.

Today, a fresh new blank slate in my mind, the rest is like a black&white Pathé newsreel that runs and runs. It is history. History should never be forgotten, but one should be mindful of it.

These words won't make sense to you I imagine...

Here is today's creative between 3 apps...

Popeye took one hour to do, because I had to do him pixel by pixel...

D0B43FE8-1926-40A7-8A3C-54D5A7B117DB.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Fbg 6. 5

What is it?
Reason behind it?
But at every twist and turn life can give you the sourest of lemons, which accumulate in their complexity and convolutions.
All over again...
It doesn't go away...
I talked it over with my friend in England yesterday. She knows the whole history of this.

Today, a fresh new blank slate in my mind, the rest is like a black&white Pathé newsreel that runs and runs. It is history. History should never be forgotten, but one should be mindful of it.

View attachment 53092
I suspect I should rate that hug or deep and meaningful (I sense red and black are very significant) but decided on winner. Why? For "putting it out there," having the talent to turn what I assume is Sturm und Drang into something creative. I sincerely hope the time, effort and emotion involved in creating that proved cathartic in even a small way. Thank you for sharing and being unerringly honest.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suspect I should rate that hug or deep and meaningful (I sense red and black are very significant) but decided on winner. Why? For "putting it out there," having the talent to turn what I assume is Sturm und Drang into something creative. I sincerely hope the time, effort and emotion involved in creating that proved cathartic in even a small way. Thank you for sharing and being unerringly honest.
@ianpspurs
Thank you Ian.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in England yesterday and wore my face mask in a sea of non-face-mask wearers...
So, I agree with you.
Your renovations sound great. I love the idea of them...
I really like this painting. Again, I can wander through it in my mind...all sorts of secret things in there...
Yes, time for coffee....
Thank you @gennepher and enjoy your wandering. Yes, this house needs a bit of work as it was sadly neglected. But, that was reflected in the price. Onwards and upwards.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Fbg 6. 5

What is it?
Reason behind it?
All over again...
It doesn't go away...

View attachment 53092
It seems very poignant and I hope the your making of this piece and the posting is good for you. Life does not come without bumps along the road, some bigger than others. I am reminded of the poem by William Henry Davies - we do need time to stand and stare. All the best.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, it is so interesting that we are all taking slightly different routes and that we don't have to stick ridgedly to just one route.

For me lobbing on lots of fat onto food and into coffee didn't leave me feeling full of energy and healthy. I haven't avoided fat and love vegetables stir fried in a little bit of real butter. Meat with the fat on, seeds, nuts and a little bit of cheese.

I just don't go overboard on the fats. After years and years of low fat, which did not leave me feeling very healthy I think that I am sort of on the middle ground between low fat and high fat and feel exceptionally well.

With the idea of differing routes i am reminded of my actual blood scores.

Pre DX i was one of those who just took the doctors word all was ok

I'm now very much less so.

and in doing so and delving onto the bigger details of what those scores all meant for my health.

never did the ball/hole/maze games analogy seem more apt.

i tended to see it as a spectrum
we are all on it to some degree.

And each change altered one or all of the others ratios no matter how slightly, but it did alter them regardless.

The trick is to set in mind a reasonable goal.
one dictated by many things..

* Acceptance we have an illness/disease
personal discipline
and
* How much discomfort / risk we personally are willing to take/accept.

Plus many more besides.

In an ideal world I'd love all my bloods to be at the optimum ratios.

will it ever, ....unlikely due to the above and the aging process/daily stress/ yadda yadda yadda.

so i personally set sail to get from high risk.
.(across the board for me, sadly)
to anything better
as i also did with the lchf v T2D.

so i could aim for anywhere on the scale from POOR <------------------->OPTIMUM

Poor was a No-No.
And Optimum all across the board
would be hard if not impossible, though a valid aim.

so while bloods was dictated as:

Chol/Hdl/Ldl/Trigs/etc

T2D was dictated as HBA1c/Weight/Satisfaction.

so a decent HBA1c, with LCHF for me, and a weight loss, all seemed possible after an initial trial.

HBA1c AND regular bloods all began coming back better and more normal/optimal

bloods ratio july 2019.jpg

we all pick our sliding scales as outlined above,
and where we believe we can personally live.

it's all about hazard perception and what level of discipline we can accept that make the difference between one
"Happy but maybe not the best score possible"
and one
"Unhappy but great score"

Wherein lays the juggle to make it fit,
'better', imho

final pointer for me was mid 2019, i had great weight loss, great hba1c.

I felt ok, but i thought i looked terrible.
Those who hadn't seen me in a long time thought I was seriously Sick

some weight back on, i look better (i think)
fewer asking if i have cancer (how rude :banghead:)

And an FBG pointing to decent control returning after two /3 major medical lay ups.

you pays ya money
you takes your choice

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems very poignant and I hope the your making of this piece and the posting is good for you. Life does not come without bumps along the road, some bigger than others. I am reminded of the poem by William Henry Davies - we do need time to stand and stare. All the best.
Thanks @dunelm