What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, do they charge $0.5 to take the cross off?
Nope that's for being a lower carb bun for lower carbs than the ones with a X on them have , that why the hot X buns are 0.50 cents cheaper.

From the nutrition info from my links to Woolies, X less buns 38.1 carbs per serve, hot X buns 41.1 carbs per serve.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nope that's for being a lower carb bun for lower carbs than the ones with a X on them have , that why the hot X buns are 0.50 cents cheaper.

From the nutrition info from my links to Woolies, X less buns 38.1 carbs per serve, hot X buns 41.1 carbs per serve.

Does that mean the X has 3g of carbs in it?! :joyful:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it’s been a rubbish few weeks but I’ve decided that the all important ‘me time’ should include posting here, it’s a comfortable normal routine and I need to get back in it.
No breakfast today as we were up early; chartered a mackerel fishing boat to go out and scatter son in law’s ashes in view of his favourite surfing beach.
Lunch was a slow cooked, bone in flat end of brisket. I put it in the oven overnight, smelled and tasted great even to those who had little appetite. Mashed swede and garlicky green beans with it. Plus wine
M&S seedy crackers and Kernow Gold cheese ( v stinky and delicious) a bit later.
One surprising thing I’ve discovered is that I no longer reach for starchy carbs and sugar as comfort food. I’ve stayed pretty much on track in spite of everything else being chaotic. Too many nuts maybe but it could have been a lot worse.
Couldn't decide between a hug and a winner. Went with the winner for coming through so well

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B : ff greek with seeds and berries. More berries than usual as hubby made it and he obviously can't count to 6 or 8 and gave me at least 12!
My lovely Sunday morning walk with a friend putting the world to rights
L: 2 cold chicken thighs, some pickled cauliflower and olives, tiny bit of pecorino cheese.
Mid afternnoon: one proper hot cross bun (I blame this thread for the idea)
D: roast pork with carrots, sprouts and green beans, gravy and a tiny bit of stuffing. Hm lc cinnamon cake with double cream

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, baked beans, for breakfast.
No smoko.
Pork shoulder chops, mixed veggies, gravy, green jelly osmolax mix for lunch.
Low carb cheese and onion toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Glass of the good old single malt whisky and a early to bed night listening to ABC Jazz being streamed on their app.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Lovely to see you back @DJC3 - you’ve been missed!

Yesterday started a bit wayward but ended up on track. Succumbed to a bag of crisps when out picking up some odds and ends - perils of letting myself get too hungry. Interestingly BG moved more on the way back down - quite a peak but right down to 2.9 with an arrow pointing vertically down on the Libre (confirmed by finger stick)!

Proper lunch of air fried pork belly and chicken wings coated in lemon pepper, also air fried. Supplemented with Fage 0% and Hotel Chocolat 90%.

Didn’t really have another meal but did have the remaining M&S crackers with copious amounts of Lurpak and 2 cold sausages - had cooked them for lunch in the week, but needed something simple to fill a gap.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 10th)

Breakfast (9am): Black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Two hardboiled eggs with mayo
Snack (6pm): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola
Dinner (9pm): Grilled sirloin steak
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers

No walking again due to the foot :(

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday
B/ eggs, bacon, mushrooms, slice soughdough toast with butter
L/ 2 lamb chump chops, broccoli, green beans, carrots, onion gravy & mint sauce
D/ home cooked haselet, Brie, homemade low carb banana & walnut bread with butter, protein shake with almond milk
FBG Monday
  • Libre 5.1
  • Glucose meter 5

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Determined to write up last three days before too much time passes.will look back on posts when I’ve done my accountability but did notice in brief scan that @DJC3 was back so good to see you @DJC3 and well done sticking with it despite complex and demanding times and that @Goonergal managed a 2.9 bg reading after a big rise caused by those naughty crisps @Goonergal your insulin must be working! Interestingly my fbg was lowest in a while this am despite my worry as I’d treated myself to a small roast potato and some carrots yesterday. I think that after almost 5 years of this way of eating I must be more insulin sensitive too but know it’s not good for me to have too much insulin circulating on a regular basis.
Saturday
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two boiled eggs followed by hm yoghurts and stewed rhubarb
Dinner hm curry and cauliflower rice with gin and soda water pudding sf jelly
Sunday
Proper fried breakfast mushrooms egg bacon and sausages
Lunch hm yoghurts with a few berries and then opened a gift of 85% choc and ate 4 batons
Dinner roast chicken dinner with a few carrots, a roast potato some English asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by sf jelly and hm yoghurt
Today
Late breakfast of a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch some cheese and four m and s lc seeded crackers followed by hm yoghurt and a few berries
Mid pm stress raid on my 85% chocolate batons - ate four!
Dinner left over roast chicken with salads then pudding lc brownie
Must stay away from that packet of 85% choc batons I can limit the 100% but not that disciplined with 85 or 90 percent!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
One meal today. I had 2 haddock fillets and just threw them into the oven with some thick slices of lemon, some garlic cloves and some tomato slices - all wrapped in alum foil. I had one of the fillets and some f the tomato and thought I might go back and have the rest later but it's later now and I don't feel like eating so it will go into the fridge and I'll use it up tomorrow.

Had my first visit since covid yesterday afternoon - 3 of the people I usually talk to on Zoom. It was so nice having someone coming to the house after all this time. We all had a cup of tea and the 3 visitors had some slices of the lemon cake I had made. I made sure they took the rest home with them to avoid any temptation for me.

Em is due to come this evening for a sleepover and asked if we could have some sushi. Unfortunately Neil couldn't get any in town today but he did get smoked salmon, Parma ham and some soft cheese, so we'll make something with those. Shops empty again - no idea why, it can't be the weather holding the ferry up, so half of my list wasn't available. I notice, though, that the cost was more than I would have paid for the whole shopping a few weeks ago, and much more than I had anticipated. Just as well he couldn't get half of the list - I'd only given him £100 and that wouldn't have been enough if it had all been available. I also noticed yesterday, when the car tax reminder came in that it has gone up considerably as well. Can't quite remember what it was last time but it was under £200; this time it's £210.

Edited to fix typo.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the welcome back @shelley262 and @Goonergal ( incredible comeback from those crisps by the way, did you feel ok at that level?) and @Antje77 I wouldn’t actually have spotted winner or hug as I use the app so I can only see or hand out ‘likes’.

Today started with fried eggs, topped with grated cheese and chilli sauerkraut. Lots of black coffee
Lunch was Turkey salad then a DGF cake with a cup of tea
Dinner was a Twosleevers instant pot recipe: Carne Guisada ( sort of spicy beef stew) then a couple of handfuls of nuts. I’m trying to use them up to save me constantly grazing on them. Couple of glasses dry white wine and soda.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Determined to write up last three days before too much time passes.will look back on posts when I’ve done my accountability but did notice in brief scan that @DJC3 was back so good to see you @DJC3 and well done sticking with it despite complex and demanding times and that @Goonergal managed a 2.9 bg reading after a big rise caused by those naughty crisps @Goonergal your insulin must be working! Interestingly my fbg was lowest in a while this am despite my worry as I’d treated myself to a small roast potato and some carrots yesterday. I think that after almost 5 years of this way of eating I must be more insulin sensitive too but know it’s not good for me to have too much insulin circulating on a regular basis.
Saturday
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two boiled eggs followed by hm yoghurts and stewed rhubarb
Dinner hm curry and cauliflower rice with gin and soda water pudding sf jelly
Sunday
Proper fried breakfast mushrooms egg bacon and sausages
Lunch hm yoghurts with a few berries and then opened a gift of 85% choc and ate 4 batons
Dinner roast chicken dinner with a few carrots, a roast potato some English asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by sf jelly and hm yoghurt
Today
Late breakfast of a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch some cheese and four m and s lc seeded crackers followed by hm yoghurt and a few berries
Mid pm stress raid on my 85% chocolate batons - ate four!
Dinner left over roast chicken with salads then pudding lc brownie
Must stay away from that packet of 85% choc batons I can limit the 100% but not that disciplined with 85 or 90 percent!

How are the homemade probiotic yoghurts working out? Have you noticed any obvious beneficial effects? Quite hard to quantify I expect, especially with a lot of stress going on in your daily life at present.
I only let myself buy the packs of 3 HC batons for exactly the reason you describe. May not be cost effective but it saves me from myself!
On the subject of chocolate has anyone tried the DGF milk chocolate?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of routine this week as all exercise classes closed
Late breakfast/lunch, 2 cold chicken thighs, a small avocado, a hm lc choc brownie
Nice impromptu afternoon walk in sunshine, loving seeing all the flowers and blossom made some lc brownies to take as a gift tomorrow, so too many licks of spoons.
D: a hash from yesterday's roast pork, veg and eggs. Boys had the leftover stuffing refried on the side. 1/2 a hot cross bun with cream

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 I wouldn’t actually have spotted winner or hug as I use the app so I can only see or hand out ‘likes’.
I've tried the app once, years ago. Completely confused me so I gave up on it after a couple of hours.
a couple of handfuls of nuts. I’m trying to use them up to save me constantly grazing on them.
Eating something to prevent yourself from eating it? Are you sure this works? :wacky:
Not at that price! I'll stick to 4 or 5 bars of Lidl instead
I am so lucky with the chocolate. The home brand 85% bars of the Albert Heijn supermarket chocolate taste better than Lindt or Aldi/Lidl, and are only a little over half the cost of the Lindt bars! :)

Had the same as yesterday (dish of onions, minced meat, runner beans and canned tomatoes), but made more into a stew by adding the rest of the can of tomatoes, a little water and a very small amount of cream cheese which needed to be eaten. With a generous amount of grated cheese of course. :hungry:

278225878_10225370410361570_3640703669224137167_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not at that price! I'll stick to 4 or 5 bars of Lidl instead
At £7.99 a bar I won't be trying it! - I know everything has gone up in price recently but I feel that DGF are getting very greedy with their prices and instead of all the fancy packaging that now comes with their goods and a sticker photo of who packed the order, also enclosed some fancy card which tbh I haven't even looked at to see what it says it has some female photo on it (I just binned it with the rest of the fancy packaging) all of which I am sure has added extra costs to the customer) - I would have much preferred if they had not increased their prices as much and not added the extras. Ok rant over ... :banghead: