What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RoughcutAU

8.4 at 7:00am this morning. I’m going to cop that one on the chin. Miscounted carbs at dinner and should have taken a correction unit at 2am when I checked and was still in the 8s.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
9.6 - What?!? Yesterday I had Straight-8s all day long. For the last three days I have an infected edge of my thumbnail, along with a growing, angry abscess, appears to be Paronychia. Could this be raising my numbers? Anyways, it’s painful and just ripe enough to, well, you can guess what I’m tempted to do ;) .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A dastardly 8.1 this morning but I had chocolate for lunch yesterday so probs never recovered. @Estragon I would say that nasty infection is defo raising your BG. Have you got antibiotics and keep it clean. Happy Thursday everyone. Back on the wagon for me!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 7.8 this morning after a bedtime 7.5. Have decided to go back onto to teatime Metformin to see if I can get lower readings. I've been keeping to around 30g of carbs a day so I'll keep carrying on @PenguinMum! cos opting out of being diabetic obviously isn't an option! Have a nice day everyone
Hear hear Rosemary. I try to keep well under 30g carbs and have never taken Metformin because of all my tum issues. Lets walk together.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Estragon, I agree with @PenguinMum , do not mess about with that infected thumb. Speaking from experience, I once tried to lance a similar fingernail infection. It didnot end well. Antibiotic, possibly ointment, but perhaps tablets are needed, and soaking in warm salt water before applying sterile dressings. Of course with infection your BG will be raised.
Trying to find a reason for my raised fasting today… 6.7. How I loathe the sticky sixes.