What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All as I wanted to know is it ok to have the odd treat
It depends on your body and what your bg meter shows.
For me, in the past I have gone to 12 after a piece of cake and stayed there for several hours. That level and duration would worry me. However I have to live my life and yesterday was a family occasion so I took the decision beforehand to allow myself to have a piece of cake.
Was it right for me? Bg wise probably not, from an emotional point of view, yes it was.
I will take chances rarely, but with forethought and a plan to compensate over the next few days.
Each of us has to work out for ourselves what works for our bodies and our lives. We are all individuals and what works for one may not for another. There's no absolute right or wromg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Nothng for smoko, cordial osomolax mix.
MRE beef and veggie casserole for lunch, Not bad either, cooking time 15 minutes in the microwave at 1000, instead of ~6 -7 hours in a slow cooker.
Toasted ham and cheese sandwiches for supper at. six.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
It depends on your body and what your bg meter shows.
For me, in the past I have gone to 12 after a piece of cake and stayed there for several hours. That level and duration would worry me. However I have to live my life and yesterday was a family occasion so I took the decision beforehand to allow myself to have a piece of cake.
Was it right for me? Bg wise probably not, from an emotional point of view, yes it was.
I will take chances rarely, but with forethought and a plan to compensate over the next few days.
Each of us has to work out for ourselves what works for our bodies and our lives. We are all individuals and what works for one may not for another. There's no absolute right or wromg
I totally agree with you. You have to Iive life I wish I could do it. My partner n kids say mam you don’t have diabetes no more have a treat even my 3 year old son understands it all I’m just so scared to let go n have a treat even tho I want to: I’ve read so many stories saying your not allowed a treat once n a while because your bloods will spike. I’m sorry if I’ve up set you I’m just wanting to know if a one of spike is ok like on a birthday or Mother’s Day Xmas xxxx

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. It's a beautiful day and I hope all's right with your worlds. 9.4 bedtime and 7.4 rising means a very, very low carb day. Had toasted cheese on a livlife slice for bf. Having ham, slice of goats cheese, hm scotch egg with lots of salad for midday and scrambled eggs for teatime. :angelic: have I earned one lol???

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All as I wanted to know is it ok to have the odd treat

The odd treat is OK and might even be beneficial in emotional/mental health terms, but it's when the treats become more than occasional that they become a problem. A lot of people don't have treats because they can't manage to keep them under control, others find that they can manage with quite a few - depends, I suppose, on what the treats are and on the individual. If you feel the need and can keep it to occasional, then that's OK but it is whatever suits you, as usual.

Reactions: maglil55 and EllieM

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Lamb and mushrooms with 1/4 slice white bread.

2nd meal will be a salad made with chicken and whatever I can find around the place.

That meal will have to be early because I have just been warned that I will have guests this evening (well - I was asked if it was OK, so what could I say?) So it's going to be a bit of a rush because I have an appointment at the hospital, Neil will be shopping and also wants to go to the rubbish dump to get rid of some things that have been hanging around. So I've made some shortbread - just out of the oven - to go with a cup of tea, and that will have to do. No time for anything else. Probably back from town about 4.30 and they will arrive about 6.0. The place is a bit of a bouroch (spelling?) because Neil hasn't finished putting the new radiator on - he had to paint the wall behind it first and the carpet is still up in the hall from when he needed access to the under-floor.

I'd better get on.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Lamb and mushrooms with 1/4 slice white bread.

2nd meal will be a salad made with chicken and whatever I can find around the place.

That meal will have to be early because I have just been warned that I will have guests this evening (well - I was asked if it was OK, so what could I say?) So it's going to be a bit of a rush because I have an appointment at the hospital, Neil will be shopping and also wants to go to the rubbish dump to get rid of some things that have been hanging around. So I've made some shortbread - just out of the oven - to go with a cup of tea, and that will have to do. No time for anything else. Probably back from town about 4.30 and they will arrive about 6.0. The place is a bit of a bouroch (spelling?) because Neil hasn't finished putting the new radiator on - he had to paint the wall behind it first and the carpet is still up in the hall from when he needed access to the under-floor.

I'd better get on.

I think bourach has an a in the second syllable, but wouldn't bet the farm on it. It's a looooong time since I heard the word.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think bourach has an a in the second syllable, but wouldn't bet the farm on it. It's a looooong time since I heard the word.

You pre-empted me and got your correction in while I was keying in my correction. Now I must go!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve never heard of Bourach so thanks @Annb ( and @AndBreathe ) I like learning new words.
B- Greek yoghurt and blueberries. I forgot the effect Gk yog has on my innards so poor Dennis had a very rushed walk this morning when realisation hit.
L- cold plate: Turkey breast, Brie, sauerkraut, h/b egg, leaves, 1/2 avocado and walnuts.
A bit of hotel chocolat fruit&nut 100% Easter egg. @Goonergal did you notice they were 1/2 price the week after Easter? I bought 4!
D- Chicken fajitas (in LoDough wrap )

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit of hotel chocolat fruit&nut 100% Easter egg. @Goonergal did you notice they were 1/2 price the week after Easter? I bought 4!

Yes! Bought 1 then thought better of it and gave it to my Dad! Hasn’t stopped me going back for hot chocolate and other chocs though. However I’d likely have eaten most of it at once.

Speaking of which, I visited the Montezuma’s shop in Shoreditch at lunchtime. Had gone to my favourite food truck and eaten steak, brisket and onions but couldn’t resist the lure of the big M!

Bourach describes my place most of the time!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Today, for the first time in my life, I made an cheese omelet. I usually cook it with sausages or tomatoes, but I've never done it with cheese. Oh my God, it turns out it's so delicious

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Rushed around when I came home from the hospital and suddenly thought I should provide something savoury as well as the shortbread. I had been asking Neil to try to find hot smoked salmon for me for the last few weeks, but he couldn't find it. Today he found it and I had very little else to make something savoury with, so there went my hot smoked salmon - made into dainty little sandwiches with cucumber and mayonnaise and home made wholemeal bread. Turns out that one of the visitors felt unwell, so didn't come, another can't eat anything with high fibre content. The third one did have a couple of the sandwiches. I thought I would just have one or two since I didn't manage to eat anything earlier but all of a sudden I knew I was going to vomit and had to make a dash for the bathroom. Odd because my stomach should have been empty anyway. That over, I felt much better, albeit a bit shaky, but think I'd better not eat anything tonight.

It's one way of persuading guests that it's time to go!

DIL will eat the remaining shortbread and Alistair will have the dainty little sandwiches for his lunch tomorrow. But I have no wholemeal bread left and will have to make some more - once Neil's white bread is done - in about 1/4 hour. If I feel up to doing anything by then.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and half a pear
Dance class
L: salad with 1 drumstick, ham and various other bits
An hours nap
Dance class 2
Handful brazils
D: roast lamb, 1 small roast new potato, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Yoghurt, cream and 1 strawberry. 2 glasses wine

Week of visit and celebrations continue

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wanted zaziki so I had to make a meal to go with it.
Not disappointed!

Very garlicy spinach with tomato and onion, and 4 small meatballs inspired by köfte but made with beef and pork mince because that's what I had in the freezer. :hungry:

281875690_10225551000956222_7359764088365690173_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Liver and bacon, small tin of baked beans, tomatoes for brealfast.
Chicken pie, lemon cordial with a scoop of osmolax for smoko.
Prawn and sand crab, mixed salad, scoop of lemon / lime sorbet for lunch.
Small container of shepherds pie for supper at six.

Couple of bits of naked ginger and chocolate watching Prime.

Small glass of single malt to go to bed with listening to ABC Jazz.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Riva_Roxaban I hope you are recovered now. I still have a bit of catching up to do. @MrsA2 hope you managed to enjoy all the birthday celebrations. I used to have these large groups to cook for. I was quite fond of just cooking low carb for mist of them The LC Black Forest gateaux made mire than one appearance and noone ever knew is was LC. Just don't ask the calories in it! LC creme brulee was also popular. I still have a lot of nibbly LC things on my CopyMeThat. @DJC3 I'm miles behind too. The teaching of the younger grandson in the afternoons is taking up time as well as trying to stay on top of everything else.

Wednesday 11 May - bed 7.1 FBG 7 3 Still doing a lot of stabbing. This Libre does not want to settle at a consistent over amount.

B. Just TAG

L. M&S pancetta crisps

D. Another fishy evening. Boys here for dinner so I ate after I delivered them home. Poached salmon fillet with part of a pack of M&S seafood selection (mussels, prawns, squid), 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, a bit of edam. 4 & 4 raspberries/strawberries with a dash of cream

Thursday bed 6.9 FBG 8

B. TAG and a M&S Cracker with egg mayo.

L. Pack of M&S pancetta crisps

D. Chinese chicken wings and, @DJC3, I finally smashed into the Hotel Chocolat 100% dark Easter egg. Thankfully, you can't eat a lot of it. I did have a gin truffle too!

It was a jujitsu evening. Grandson got his 2nd stripe as well.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Food dr protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
Dinner: crispy cheese omelette with cherry tomatoes followed by SF orange jelly and cream.