What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.7 - Which is totally amazing, as we had a F&C Supper and I went to bed on a 10.1 - Yikes, but understood why. We had lotsa activity yesterday, followed by a very welcome deep sleep thru to 5 am. O..K… Word of caution to self: Dead-Carbostien-Bounce during today. Been here before ;) .

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I thought I could get away with a sliver of my son’s birthday cake. Appears not! Either that, or it’s the fact I didn’t have my usual couple of glasses of wine.

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
good morning everyone I am new to this board and new to type 2 diabetes January 6th diagnosed.

My morning BG is 5.3.

Is this a good value?
Welcome Trebor as a newly diagnosed T2 that FBG looks good to me. I am 4 years in and I struggle with my FBG but we are all at different stages with other stuff in the mix on here and the key is to be supportive to each other whatever our goals. Are you following a LC diet?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Welcome @Trebor1963 and you bet that is a good fbg. @BrianDoc I hope the piscatorial gladiating goes well =- preferably not swimmingly. @DEBBIESCOTT you really do have an amazing capacity for exercise. @RosemaryJackson enjoy the well deserved break away.My fbg is a known unknown along with just what any of the normal markers I use should be just now. Salmon salad today which, for me, is as good as Elsie will ever offer. Go Team D.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nasty 10.4 this morning partly due to poor sleep again :rolleyes:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
good morning everyone I am new to this board and new to type 2 diabetes January 6th diagnosed.

My morning BG is 5.3.

Is this a good value?
Hello @Trebor1963 . Welcome to our happy band. Great fasting level. Well done!
Mine is 5.6 today. A bit of a late start, after a somewhat late and wine filled evening of celebration. Blame the Toffees for that?:D

Trebor1963

Welcome Trebor as a newly diagnosed T2 that FBG looks good to me. I am 4 years in and I struggle with my FBG but we are all at different stages with other stuff in the mix on here and the key is to be supportive to each other whatever our goals. Are you following a LC diet?

No I'm not following a low Carb diet yet I am running a balanced diet with slightly lower carbs and raised protein content doing about 1500 calories a day. I have lost 21KG and my waist has gone from 46 down to 39. Still have a way to go yet.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No I'm not following a low Carb diet yet I am running a balanced diet with slightly lower carbs and raised protein content doing about 1500 calories a day. I have lost 21KG and my waist has gone from 46 down to 39. Still have a way to go yet.
Sounds like great progress, lower carb and more protein is suiting you.