What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I'm not following a low Carb diet yet I am running a balanced diet with slightly lower carbs and raised protein content doing about 1500 calories a day. I have lost 21KG and my waist has gone from 46 down to 39. Still have a way to go yet.
You look to be doing very well on the eating plan you are using, are you on any meds or are you tackling this by diet alone?

RoughcutAU

Well done you! Excellent. As a side note, I always get kick from hearing from you, in the Antipodes, registering your morning test, whilst I’m about to knock-off for the day. So G’day to yah!

Thank you! Yeah it is alittle odd i’m checking in from the future! G’day!

Todays FBG a 5.8 “chuck another shrimp on the barbie”

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.6 - After a day of 5s, I then had a lousy 4 hours sleep…. Off to the Local Dump today. Livin’ Dah dream….

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre 8.6
Contour 8.4
After a lie in, (slept really well)
No food or drink for 12 hours
Very low carb day yesterday
100 squats & 16,071 steps
Producing normal amounts of insulin & not insulin resistant
So irritating
Moan over
Gardening this morning & a long bike ride later
Enjoy your day everyone

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.6 today. I’m not too concerned as I’ve been experimenting with low carb (around 50-100g) as opposed to keto. The latter brings my BGS down quickly, but it makes me miserable and I struggle to sustain. Hopefully combining the former with Jessie Inchauspe’s hacks will pay dividends in the medium term.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Had an awful sleep last night - dosed off, then woke up cold - the window was open, couldn't get warm after that plus my busy legs syndrome kicked into play - finally gave up trying, so went to watch some TV for a while until I felt more relaxed. Think the busy legs may have been the result of the walking I did yesterday, went to Hamsterley Forest which can be quite hilly, I have never been any good at walking up hills, it didn't help that we were intending doing a 5 mile trail, strayed off track a little (in reality got lost) and ended up doing more like 7.5 which isn't so bad as at one point we found ourselves on the "Red" mountain bike trail which stretches 14 miles over pretty rough terrain, glad we didn't have to follow that one through to the end. :D

Last edited: