What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fog 6.6
iPad 2 insists on changing Fbg to Fog, so Fog it is....

Yesterday Midnight settled on the wooden swing after his breakfast. The sun was shining, and he was doing a lot of grooming. From the fierce tomcat he looked when he first came, he is doing a very good job on the fur on his face. It looks sleek and shiny. And now he is starting to work down his body, but he has a lot of dead fur there which could do with brushing. The brushes I have (dog Meg's old brushes) live on the swing now, just in case I get that chance. But he runs away as soon as I get outside at the moment when it is not feeding time.

Mr Blackbird was strenuously objecting to Midnight being on the swing, and raged at him from the bird table which has cat biscuits (the same ones as under the swing for the cats) on it as well as peanuts. Mr Blackbird wanted the cat biscuits and wet cat food that were immediately under where Midnight was sitting.

Midnight gets down off the swing, and eats some wet catfood. Mr Blackbird then eats the cat biscuits off the bird table. And flies away. He does several fly pasts over Midnight, but Midnight just carries on eating.

All the while Little Miss is feeding at the bird fatball feeders, and is also on the ground, not giving two hoots about cats nor blackbirds. She lives a charmed life. She is beginning to get her adult colours, but as soon as her Daddy appears at the fatball feeders, she turns into this quivering ball of fluffy baby cuteness ....

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Reed screening in my garden. With Shadow and Midnight silhouettes.

No sign of Shadow yet. But Calico returned this morning after an absence of a few weeks. She looks scruffy and is very hungry.

image.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all from a, currently, cloudless bright blue skied Exotic East. I've done my early morning tasks. Next up is to convey my oldest grandson and his camping gear to the scout hut by 9.00 am. Dad is taking granddaughter to ballet in another village and mum is at work. No testing of bg for me just now but plenty of blood tests which are apparently satisfactory so Elsie may not be too harmful. @Krystyna23040 yesterday sounds like a wonderful day for you. I'm delighted for you. @dunelm thank you for the art. The weeding sounds like a splendid grandparent(s?)/grandchild time, was it back friendly or were you a spectator?. I hope Mrs Miggins and party travel safely and enjoy a simply wonderful time whilst you enjoy Me Time before some magical adventures and memories with your son and his family. @gennepher at time of typing I haven't seen your post but thanks for the creative (a kaleidoscope?) and tales of your wildlife and fauna. @jjraak I'm so pleased Thursday? went so well for you. This is a genuine wish for you all and for all those wondering what the heck is going on just now:
Behold, how good and joyful a thing it is brethren, to dwell together in unity !
I'm not proselytising/preaching it is just the best way I've seen of saying what we all know deep down.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8:this morning. Feel a bit tired as I finished the admin at 12am.last night. Liver obviously thinks I need an energy boost this morning.

I was full of energy yesterday. It was good to get the work done so that on Sunday I can relax and get ready for our little break in Orford next week.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. A lovely sunny start to the day. fbs at 8am was 11.7! :arghh: I was up late last night so feeling somewhat dozy atm. On a positive note I have finally completed my 1000 piece jigsaw of the Queen in her coronation regalia in Westminster Abbey. It is the most challenging jigsaw I have ever done as none of the pieces were normal jigsaw shaped and in artificial light the purple, brown and dark green areas all looked the same colour! I have framed it and intend to display it in our front window for the platinum celebrations. Enjoy your week-end everyone.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. A lovely sunny start to the day. fbs at 8am was 11.7! :arghh: I was up late last night so feeling somewhat dozy atm. On a positive note I have finally completed my 1000 piece jigsaw of the Queen in her coronation regalia in Westminster Abbey. It is the most challenging jigsaw I have ever done as none of the pieces were normal jigsaw shaped and in artificial light the purple, brown and dark green areas all looked the same colour! I have framed it and intend to display it in our front window for the platinum celebrations. Enjoy your week-end everyone.:)
Great to see you here again @dogslife. Never mind the fbg, completing the jigsaw is a wonderful achievement. Accentuate the positive. Right back at you (as I believe the yoof say- no one ever says what yoofs) for enjoying the weekend.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fog 6.6
iPad 2 insists on changing Fbg to Fog, so Fog it is....

Yesterday Midnight settled on the wooden swing after his breakfast. The sun was shining, and he was doing a lot of grooming. From the fierce tomcat he looked when he first came, he is doing a very good job on the fur on his face. It looks sleek and shiny. And now he is starting to work down his body, but he has a lot of dead fur there which could do with brushing. The brushes I have (dog Meg's old brushes) live on the swing now, just in case I get that chance. But he runs away as soon as I get outside at the moment when it is not feeding time.

Mr Blackbird was strenuously objecting to Midnight being on the swing, and raged at him from the bird table which has cat biscuits (the same ones as under the swing for the cats) on it as well as peanuts. Mr Blackbird wanted the cat biscuits and wet cat food that were immediately under where Midnight was sitting.

Midnight gets down off the swing, and eats some wet catfood. Mr Blackbird then eats the cat biscuits off the bird table. And flies away. He does several fly pasts over Midnight, but Midnight just carries on eating.

All the while Little Miss is feeding at the bird fatball feeders, and is also on the ground, not giving two hoots about cats nor blackbirds. She lives a charmed life. She is beginning to get her adult colours, but as soon as her Daddy appears at the fatball feeders, she turns into this quivering ball of fluffy baby cuteness ....

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Reed screening in my garden. With Shadow and Midnight silhouettes.

No sign of Shadow yet. But Calico returned this morning after an absence of a few weeks. She looks scruffy and is very hungry.

View attachment 54706
Hopefully Shadow is find food elsewhere for the time being. Lots of interest in this reed kaleidoscope

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all from a, currently, cloudless bright blue skied Exotic East. I've done my early morning tasks. Next up is to convey my oldest grandson and his camping gear to the scout hut by 9.00 am. Dad is taking granddaughter to ballet in another village and mum is at work. No testing of bg for me just now but plenty of blood tests which are apparently satisfactory so Elsie may not be too harmful. @Krystyna23040 yesterday sounds like a wonderful day for you. I'm delighted for you. @dunelm thank you for the art. The weeding sounds like a splendid grandparent(s?)/grandchild time, was it back friendly or were you a spectator?. I hope Mrs Miggins and party travel safely and enjoy a simply wonderful time whilst you enjoy Me Time before some magical adventures and memories with your son and his family. @gennepher at time of typing I haven't seen your post but thanks for the creative (a kaleidoscope?) and tales of your wildlife and fauna. @jjraak I'm so pleased Thursday? went so well for you. This is a genuine wish for you all and for all those wondering what the heck is going on just now:
Behold, how good and joyful a thing it is brethren, to dwell together in unity !
I'm not proselytising/preaching it is just the best way I've seen of saying what we all know deep down.
Very back friendly gardening @ianpspurs - no heavy lifting or sudden moves. Joy can be found in all manner of things if one looks - even a bit of schadenfreude will fit nicely.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8:this morning. Feel a bit tired as I finished the admin at 12am.last night. Liver obviously thinks I need an energy boost this morning.

I was full of energy yesterday. It was good to get the work done so that on Sunday I can relax and get ready for our little break in Orford next week.
The reward of a little break - don’t take any work

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Difficult jigsaw causes high readings :). Looks great and a fine thing to do for the platinum celebrations.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting little piece - quite sobering start and finish. Worth the time spent reading and reflecting upon before all the celebrations. FWIW methinks Charles will do just fine as did Edward VII

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Difficult jigsaw causes high readings :). Looks great and a fine thing to do for the platinum celebrations.
Thank you@dunelm. I have also planted red, white and blue flowers outside my front windows as well as artificial flower arrangements indoors on my window sills. With regards to the high readings---I wish it was that simple. It's looking like I'm going to need an increase in medication which I was hoping to avoid.:arghh:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great to see you here again @dogslife. Never mind the fbg, completing the jigsaw is a wonderful achievement. Accentuate the positive. Right back at you (as I believe the yoof say- no one ever says what yoofs) for enjoying the weekend.
Thank you@ianpspurs.:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.35am FBG 5.4
Lovely sunny morning, saw the hare sitting in the garden, few minutes later he is in my veg patch eating my newly planted beans. I am not so wildlife friendly after all for I rushed outdoors clapping my hands to drive it away.
There is considerable damage, half a dozen plants almost completely destroyed and many more with the growing tips nibbled out.
Last two years had a glut of beans. Don't think that's at all likely this summer.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

When I went out yesterday morning to put the cat food down Midnight surprised me by coming out from under the swing snarling at me. He's usually sitting on the swing, so I am assuming I startled him and he didn't know who was coming out of my door.

I started the slow blinking but he was still snarling and hissing at me, so I did the next thing which definitely always calms him down when he's hissing at me. I bow down low like a Japanese person so all he sees is the back of my head. And, when I do that he immediately comes up to me and he is rubbing his head against my legs purring like a very loud tractor engine. And inviting me to stroke his head. Which is easy enough at that point because my arthritic bones do not allow me to straighten back up very quickly.

He is now always asking for a lot of strokes of the head when I first see him in the morning, after he has got over any hissing spitting snarling bit. But, I am assuming that is, because I have initially startled him if he cannot see me, and also I have tarpaulin covering stuff under the swing, and he comes out from under there, so he goes into total aggressive mode until he has seen who it is and assessed the situation.

So a lot of bowing takes place in my garden...

Little Miss (teenage baby sparrow) is thriving nicely, and has definitely staked this garden patch as hers, and Mum and Dad have given up trying to make her leave home.

Calico came back again for breakfast this morning. She also came for supper last night...

I read on Lost and Found on Facebook that a small black cat had been found dead on the side of the main road at the junction less than 300 yards away from here on Monday, but this person had been unable to access their Facebook page until yesterday, a few days later. They had put it under the hedge. And posted a cross on Google Maps where it was. But, obviously when I went to look it had long gone, either by animal or person.

I can still hope that wasn't Shadow, but...

Something delightful happened in my garden yesterday afternoon. My beautiful little female bluetit and her hubby brought their babies into my garden for the first time. A lot of tweeting and twittering and flying around, and the babies not landing where Mum and Dad wanted them to. The baby bluetits appeared highly delighted with this new found freedom to fly. Finally Mum and Dad managed to contain the baby bluetits in a bushy tree I have in the middle of the garden. The baby bluetits behaved themselves and stayed within the confines of these bushy leaves while Mum and Dad bluetit brought them morsels from the fatballs. And then they searched for aphids and bugs for the baby bluetits. How many babies there are, I cannot tell, they are darting too fast.

Mr Blackbird objected strenuously to this latest intrusion, but Mr&Mrs Bluetit chased him out of the garden.

Daddy sparrow is sitting on a branch calling and calling out, I presume, for Little Miss (baby teenage sparrow), and looking for her. Little Miss was around this morning, but it was a hot day, and she was probably dozing somewhere...

And Midnight is watching all this from his garden chair by the potting shed. This is the first time he has done that since last Monday when Shadow disappeared.

Ah, I espied Little Miss. She was in the same bushy tree as the baby bluetits. I could be wrong, but Little Miss is taking food from the fatball feeder into the bushy leaves where the baby bluetits are, and possibly feeding them. Little Miss is going back and forth to the baby bluetits with food from the fatball feeder. She is a hard little worker.

Mr Heffalump has just flown in and crashed landed on top of Mrs Bluetit who was searching for different bits on the bird table. Mrs Bluetit slid out from under him, and carried on the busy job of feeding her babies. Mr Heffalump went up to the noisy bluetit tree and is peering in. His eyes look cross...then he spied Little Miss and tried to crash land on top of her, but she deftly evaded him. Mr Heffalump is in a right cranky mood...he is most certainly a very opinionated wood pigeon.

Wood Pigeon pie anyone? I was growing fond of his weirdness, but now I am growing unfond of him...

Mr Blackbird then went very near Midnight who was asleep, and was yelling at him. Midnight said he didn't care and put his head back down.

What is wrong with the bird life in this garden at the moment?

It has been a hot day...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, of a flower that just appeared in my garden. It spreads easily. Shadow and Midnight are the silhouettes. In my mind I still see Shadow dancing on the other side of my glass door trying to attract my attention for food.

Time for a hot cuppa.

image.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a mixed back of meteorological samples here in the dark and dangerous north
Lots of things happening yesterday - just not here. Still, I did manage to wander into the garage, shrug and then walk out again. These electric roller doors do need a bit of supervision. I shall open the shed door this morning if rain does not stop play. OR, I could go the extra mile and open a brolly although I do have a little trip up to Durham City planned for later in the morning.
Art bit - another touch of colour of course. Working on another piece but it’s taking ages. Have a wonderful day if you can. I shall have a reasonably timed mug of koffy in due course.

upload_2022-5-29_7-10-53.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all from the Exotic East. No fbg to report from here, of course I'm interested in managing The D but the preceding letter of the alphabet takes precedence just now. @gennepher what an amazingly detailed and perceptive account of the animal life in your garden. I would merely see there were some animals in mine and never go beyond that so thanks. Also, thanks for sharing another wonderful kaleidoscope - so generous of you. @dunelm thank you for the art - more generosity, account of your action packed day and enjoy Durham City. Will you be singing along with Roger Whittaker when leaving for home? We have the joy of two grandchildren today and overnight alongside the necessary work involved. I must prepare things - roll the pitch as it were. Thanks be to God I can still be of use. Do take very good care of yourselves, assuming you are fortunate enough to have the faintest idea of which lifestyle actually matches your unique circumstances. Spoiler alert, one size doesn't fit all. However, love your neighbour as yourself is an excellent starting point for today's adventures. I must voyage to the vacuum cleaner and beyond.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogslife