What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the suggestions re sticky patches. I haven't had trouble before, and this time was odd in that the libre separated from its own adhesive. The sticky side was still well stuck to me, so I was left with the glue while the libre worked its way out. I've been left with a small inflamed spot,. Free replacement is on its way to me.

B: yoghurt, seeds, strawberry
L: 2 chicken thighs, more yog, a strawbeŕy and a bit of 85% grated on top.
D: aubergine parmesan cooked in tomato sauce. 1 scoop ice cream.

Finally, a bit of thunder and rain, but doesn't seem to be lasting

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wednesday 15 June - bed 7.8 FBG 7.9
2nd transitional day at the senior school. It went well. He said despite the day starting earlier and finishing later, the day passed quicker. I did tell him it's because they are moving from class to class. Anyway, back to primary for the last 2 busy weeks.

B. TAG and a small piece of crustless quiche.
Too busy with packed lunch and extra journeys.

L A not very healthy 2 HC dark choc truffles!

D. Another piece of crustless quiche with 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, port salut and walnut halves. I really didn't feel like cooking. A few raspberries.

Thursday 16 June - bed 10 FBG 8.7 My leg is still causing me problems and I feel a bit "off". At least I have a bit more time before the double school run.

B. TAG and a couple of crackers with egg mayo.

L. Nothing back to normal with eldest back to ours for his lunch.

D. A couple of these spicy rissoles (I haven't made them for ages). Pork mince, wrapped around Mexican cheese. Dipped in egg then coated in a mix of milled flax, almond flour, paprika and sesame. I had it with avocado, santini tomatoes, port salut and the remains of the egg mayo.

Tried to upload the photo but it's not playing currently.
The rissoles sound like something I’d enjoy. When you say Mexican cheese is it a specific type you use?

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg cheese omelette, mushroom, tomato, two slices of toast and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
Nothing for lunch except a cup of soup, my insides were not feeling the best.
Chicken legs for supper at six.

Glass of singlr malt and a early night to bed.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Odd day today. Iwas going to start off with some white fish in a cream sauce - not a normal breakfast, but it was what I fancied. However - it didn't happen. I went to bed around 11.00 last night but, of course, woke again feeling very sore at 1.15 and had to get up to take some pain killers. Went back to bed and slept pretty well, tossing and turning a bit to stay reasonably comfortable and eventually woke up and checked the clock - 7 am. Not bad, I thought but when I got up I realised that my eyes had misguided me (still sticky with sleep). It was 11.35! Still very stiff, so grabbed some ham from the kitchen fridge and just had that for breakfast before taking my daily pills and having a cup of tea. Still very stiff and sore but I did manage to empty and refill the dishwasher with things left over from last night. That was enough for my legs/back so I sat down again.

Woke up at 4.30; then again at 5 pm. What a waste of a day! Just made myself a cup of tea and decided to check my e-mails. When I get to it my 2nd meal will be goulash - easier than doing anything to the fish. I'll leave that until tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3177F45C-8375-4FB5-889B-0B0D937228DD.jpeg
6866102B-2C21-45E8-B68F-F3C919E8664A.jpeg

Wonder what you’d have eaten at the beige wedding buffet? Good job I’m used to fasting and had prepared with a full English breakfast before going along .thankfully people are so involved in their own food that they rarely notice when someone dosent partake. I waited while back at mums and then rustled up a quick omelette - thank heavens for eggs. Wedding of my 78 year old aunt was entertaining in a strange way - as vicar asked for any objections a shot was fired at the church window! Thankfully we were sat on other side! 91 year old mum remarked that it was a bad omen......

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slc roll doubler with bacon & fried egg. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Steak with peppercorn sauce & side salad which included cheese & coleslaw. I dgf victoria sponge thingy. Another cup of earl grey tea

Enjoy what is left of the weekend peeps! :happy:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 that has to be the beigest buffet Ive seen in many a long year! Not even a slice of cucumber or a sprig of parsley.:(

B: yoghurt, seeds, strawberry, pecans
Gardening, which involved eating far too many raspberries straight from the cane.
L: 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo. Some blue cheese, a new one called Harrogate Blue. Quite nice.
D: roast pork, cabbage with garlic butter, cauliflower. 1 portion lemon dessert with fresh raspberries

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 55076 View attachment 55075
Wonder what you’d have eaten at the beige wedding buffet? Good job I’m used to fasting and had prepared with a full English breakfast before going along .thankfully people are so involved in their own food that they rarely notice when someone dosent partake. I waited while back at mums and then rustled up a quick omelette - thank heavens for eggs. Wedding of my 78 year old aunt was entertaining in a strange way - as vicar asked for any objections a shot was fired at the church window! Thankfully we were sat on other side! 91 year old mum remarked that it was a bad omen......
The last do that I was at that had a buffet - well I ended up with a plate of chicken drumsticks and I had some of the lettuce, tomato & cucumber that was used for presentation purposes :eek:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake! :hungry:

E8B3013C-AEF9-4A97-B157-45F0A05A295E.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Managed to stay on my feet long enough to make bacon and eggs for breakfast. But since that I can barely stand. I now have an appointment for ABPI assessment (blood flow to the legs) next Monday. The main aim of these assessments is to see if I am suitable to have compression hose (as opposed to the surgical stockings I wear). The last time these were prescribed they made my legs so much worse and I can't help feeling that I have never recovered from the damage that was done then. So I'm a bit wary.

2nd meal today will be that fish I have in the fridge. I also have some pak choi to might just steam both.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
92D34C36-DA31-4271-8275-70DD999DB503.jpeg

Enjoying being back to my usual low carb fermented food and picking some produce from my small garden.
About 10 - afew spoons of hm yoghurts (I bought fage yoghurt when away for ease and I used to love it but taste for me was now bland compared to my different hm yoghurts)
1ish -two boiled eggs with slice of lc toast followed by a few berries from garden and hm yoghurt and a few squares of 100% chocolate and about 6 walnut halves
5ish -chicken that had been marinated all day in spices and olive oil cooked and then served with garden leaves and herbs and kimchi followed by a few more garden berries with hm yoghurt.
Off to reward my garden by watering it my new avatar is a vase of my first lot of garden sweet peas from a week or so ago I grew from seed as I love sweet peas not just the smell but that the more you cut them the more flowers you get.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There we go! The rissole things! The white bit on top is the cheese oozing out. View attachment 55068

I remember your rissoles, always thought they sounded good but never got round to making them, do you fry or oven bake?
Sorry about your leg pain, I’ve missed quite a lot of the going’s on here over the last few months, is it related to your accident?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 55076 View attachment 55075

78 is certainly an unusual age to have a shotgun wedding! The buffet really was a beige fest. I don’t know about you but none of it appeals to me these days.
I’m loving your homemade yoghurts (Well, my homemade yoghurts but your suggested cultures!) and like you I’m becoming a bit addicted to them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- h/m yoghurt with seeds and berries. I made it the day before as I was staying o/n at daughters. By this morning the seeds had softened and it was like overnight oats. Delicious.
L- tuna salad sandwich on SLC bread. Stewed rhubarb- No sweetener! with more h/m yoghurt, (it’s so creamy I didn’t need the rhubarb to be sweet)
D- supposed to be leftover brisket but didn’t fancy meat so had a toasted cheese sandwich made with 90sec mug bread, and super greens sauerkraut. Choc chia pud. Glass of red.
IMG_1655749171.868405.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The rissoles sound like something I’d enjoy. When you say Mexican cheese is it a specific type you use?
Not really. It's just a cheese with chilli in it I buy whatever is available in the shop I happen to be in.

Reactions: MommaE