What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

It was hell next door as regards noise yesterday morning. Not abating at all .
Nearly cancelled seeing my friend, but I needed to get away from here.
The workmen blocked me in again before I left.
I had practised the nice thoughts scenario where they were courteous and did not park in front of my driveway.
But that didn't happen. So in the last 20 mins yesterday morning it took me to get ready, I am saying a whole pile of naughty words. Literally I am verbally all guns blazing, no holds barred.
I open the door. They move the van. And disappear into his back garden...

Poor Midnight had their horrendous noise all day, but I think he has forgiven me.
I didn't like leaving Midnight alone all day with that noise. My head was having a negative party all day....like a sink hole is going to appear between me and this horrid neighbour, because of all that intense pneumatic drilling up his driveway, which is all the way up the side of my property. I have no idea where that thought sprung from, except this was a coal mining area in the 1800's and early 1900's. In 1918 there were still 60 pits in this area. But that thought intensified and intensified, and I didn't enjoy my coffee with my friend. I left early. I needed to get back home.

I probably won't go out again until they have finished next door....but how long? The noise yesterday morning sounded like they were smashing up the dug up driveway concrete for hardcore for something, because none of it was taken away.

My daughter from Australia dropped a (welcome) bombshell on me. She has suddenly decided to visit the UK, just her, since she has seen none of us for awhile, not since Covid reared its ugly head. She's coming to visit me a week on Monday, although she will be in UK by this coming Monday.

I live on my own, so I am in my organised mess, my kind of workspace, which suits me, but daughter needs to access to a bed and bathroom facilities without coming to a cropper. So I need to stay at home any way to get this place straight...it is sort of the stuff we leave around when it is just us, that we don't want about when others are around. It makes me feel vulnerable. It is just my stuff and my way of doing an approaching things. I might end up with a pile of boxes and throwing stuff into the Tardis (garage). And then reorganising when she has gone.

And I have the next stage of memories to finish before she comes. I am taking that as my first priority (the sorting and tidying comes second), which is actually her first two years. This memories series is going on until my last child has left school.

This means I won't be observing and writing as much in the next couple of weeks. Normally I probably spend an hour a day writing, and I enjoy that, but that writing time now needs to be channelled towards memories. But I will still give little updates on the garden beasties.

Creative today...the light and lampshade on my bedroom ceiling in Laboscope.

Time for cuppa.

Have a good day...

881A0711-88C3-4CFF-AFBD-CA0DC72E0EFD.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I had practised the nice thoughts scenario where they were courteous and did not park in front of my driveway.
But that didn't happen. So in the last 20 mins yesterday morning it took me to get ready, I am saying a whole pile of naughty words. Literally I am verbally all guns blazing, no holds barred.

Poor Midnight had their horrendous noise all day, but I think he has forgiven me.
I didn't like leaving Midnight alone all day with that noise. My head was having a negative party all day....like a sink hole is going to appear between me and this horrid neighbour, because of all that intense pneumatic drilling up his driveway, which is all the way up the side of my property. I have no idea where that thought sprung from, except this was a coal mining area in the 1800's and early 1900's. In 1918 there were still 60 pits in this area. But that thought intensified and intensified, and I didn't enjoy my coffee with my friend. I left early. I needed to get back home.

I probably won't go out again until they have finished next door....but how long? The noise yesterday morning sounded like they were smashing up the dug up driveway concrete for hardcore for something, because none of it was taken away.

My daughter from Australia dropped a (welcome) bombshell on me. She has suddenly decided to visit the UK, just her, since she has seen none of us for awhile, not since Covid reared its ugly head. She's coming to visit me a week on Monday, although she will be in UK by this coming Monday.

I live on my own, so I am in my organised mess, my kind of workspace, which suits me, but daughter needs to access to a bed and bathroom facilities without coming to a cropper. So I need to stay at home any way to get this place straight...it is sort of the stuff we leave around when it is just us, that we don't want about when others are around. It makes me feel vulnerable. It is just my stuff and my way of doing an approaching things. I might end up with a pile of boxes and throwing stuff into the Tardis (garage). And then reorganising when she has gone.

And I have the next stage of memories to finish before she comes. I am taking that as my first priority (the sorting and tidying comes second), which is actually her first two years. This memories series is going on until my last child has left school.

This means I won't be observing and writing as much in the next couple of weeks. Normally I probably spend an hour a day writing, and I enjoy that, but that writing time now needs to be channelled towards memories. But I will still give little updates on the garden beasties.

Time for cuppa.

Have a good day...

View attachment 55246[/QUOTE]

What a bombshell - best tidy up a bit but as Quinten Crisp once said, “There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from our last day in SW France. Tomorrow we are heading north to Normandy and the town of Aromanches-les-Bains. There are the remains of one of the WW2 Mulberry Docks on the beach but more importantly the cafe where we first shared a big pan of moules marinières. We shall be there for a couple of days. Temperatures are rumoured to be in the high 80’s (in old money) this weekend so we can fry eggs on the beach and play Pétanque.
Here is a picture taken about 5 minutes away from my parents house which is behind the Roman triumphal arch to the right of the picture. Hope you are all well, I now have to make koffy.

upload_2022-6-30_8-1-36.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from our last day in SW France. Tomorrow we are heading north to Normandy and the town of Aromanches-les-Bains. There are the remains of one of the WW2 Mulberry Docks on the beach but more importantly the cafe where we first shared a big pan of moules marinières. We shall be there for a couple of days. Temperatures are rumoured to be in the high 80’s (in old money) this weekend so we can fry eggs on the beach and play Pétanque.
Here is a picture taken about 5 minutes away from my parents house which is behind the Roman triumphal arch to the right of the picture. Hope you are all well, I now have to make koffy.

View attachment 55247
It is beautiful scenery @dunelm
Enjoy your coffee...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from summery Suffolk. Summer togs on and basic housekeeping duties performed so now on my third 750 mls mug of Assam. @dunelm gorgeous picture and enjoy the moules in Normandy. I believe a certain demographic would say well jel. @gennepher a post of two halves. The noise and inconvenience to you and the beasties, the hassle of making your home functional for someone else but the joy of reliving and sharing those memories then spending precious time with your daughter. Tidying up eh?. Yesterday JKP rearranged some of her clothes i.e. filled at least 6 black sacks which revealed my favourite sandals. Earlier Amazon had delivered a new pair :banghead: Enjoy your day safely and with due care and attention to all you encounter. Me? Five days of various grandchildren to care for and maybe even hug.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, to quote
“ You say hello, I say goodbye, etc”
Bit busy and bloods were 4.5 grrrr
Stay safe all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from summery Suffolk. Summer togs on and basic housekeeping duties performed so now on my third 750 mls mug of Assam. @dunelm gorgeous picture and enjoy the moules in Normandy. I believe a certain demographic would say well jel. @gennepher a post of two halves. The noise and inconvenience to you and the beasties, the hassle of making your home functional for someone else but the joy of reliving and sharing those memories then spending precious time with your daughter. Tidying up eh?. Yesterday JKP rearranged some of her clothes i.e. filled at least 6 black sacks which revealed my favourite sandals. Earlier Amazon had delivered a new pair :banghead: Enjoy your day safely and with due care and attention to all you encounter. Me? Five days of various grandchildren to care for and maybe even hug.
Yes, a mixed up emotions day @ianpspurs
Taking it step by step this morning.
Thanks for the song words...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Had a lovely day back at work yesterday. Really enjoyed the classes. Also did some admin but was sensible and made sure that I rested also.

Lovely sunny dog walk this morning.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was sure we would be on the same page about that. I also think the attached Naimeme is spot on. Elsie or any other way of eating is only part of living well - particularly ageing well. I'm not anti Elsie just absolutely certain there need to be far more clubs in the bag and just because lower carbs may be a good idea it doesn't mean no carbs is. In practice I don't see how zero carb is possible in the world as it currently exists. "Practically" zero carb maybe.
Yes, the attached Naimeme is absolutely spot on as the low carb diet, although vitally important, is only part of how we deal with T2D and stay fit and healthy as we get older.

I suppose the carnivore diet is the closest we can get to zero carbs but it would be my absolutely nightmare diet. Some people do thrive on the carnivore diet but I wouldn't as I need a lot of fibre or my digestive system doesn't work. Also I would worry that I was restricting nutrients.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Time for cuppa.

Have a good day...

View attachment 55246
What lovely news from your daughter @gennepher. Although you haven't got a lot of time to get everything ready for her visit.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another morning in SW France. Rained a bit yesterday but cleared up mid afternoon in time for a trip down the river in a Bateau Electro Solaire - an all electric river boat. Two and a half hours of silent running - like a submarine - but not. Today we head up to the Normandy coast, hopefully the sun will not shine with all it’s might - just a little thank you. Take care, must finish this koffy.

upload_2022-7-1_7-44-0.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another morning in SW France. Rained a bit yesterday but cleared up mid afternoon in time for a trip down the river in a Bateau Electro Solaire - an all electric river boat. Two and a half hours of silent running - like a submarine - but not. Today we head up to the Normandy coast, hopefully the sun will not shine with all it’s might - just a little thank you. Take care, must finish this koffy.

View attachment 55258
The boat on the river sounds brilliant @dunelm

Beautiful blue skies!

Enjoy that coffee!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

The horrendous noise next door continues.
I have to remove my cochlear sound processor for my sanity.

Yesterday I went to get the rubbish wheelie back in. And put my sound processor back on just to go out there in case someone talked to me. And the noise hit me like someone someone slamming a brick into me. And OMG my jaw dropped. This cul-de-sac was completely filled with wagons, vans, and more from the work being done next door to me. The air was filled with dust (sand particles or dry cement particles?). This road was completely blocked. I could see everyone's cars covered in the dust from whatever these workmen were doing. They couldn't even have got their cars out if they had needed to. I came in and took my sound processor off. And carried on the rest of my day without any outside noise even though I am literally only a couple of metres from the source of the work. I am in the closest proximity of the whole neighbourhood to it. I can feel the vibrations through the ground and in the walls of my bungalow, and that does worry me.

And so this 'neighbourly' nightmare continues.

I absolutely fail to understand the necessity of all this.

I am probably the calmest most tranquil, chilled out person in this road.
At least I can take my ear off, disconnect it from the noise of hell.
Even Midnight is now calm and chilled, despite this discordant noise assaulting his senses. He is taking it in his stride. He has food, warm place on the swing to sleep, and me to stroke him into 7th heaven.

Creative today, The Leaning Tower of Beanza and Peaza in Laboscope. Both beans and peas are growing in that Art Installation of a couple of weeks ago....

No time to put the silhouettes on, all that fartnarkling takes me maybe another hour, and I need to get on with other stuff at the moment.

Enjoy the day...

31547FE7-81D8-4219-9F5B-2391C1C1DC2D.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a showery Suffolk on July 1st, the day the Rawanda Panda returns to lead us all to .......? @dunelm that is a gorgeous photo and the environmentally friendly boat trip sounds wonderful. Have a safe but temperate journey to Normandy. @gennepher hug for all the noise - where does that guy get all his money and why not buy a ready made property? Thanks for the creative - The Leaning Tower of Beanza and Peaza :woot::woot: Cricket, tennis, salmon salad and no socks with the added bonus of a crawling grandson wondering just how high he can reach to remind his grandparents they should have carried out a more thorough risk assessment. Did someone say Assam? Take care and avoid the Carlton Club fellas (to be fair, the guy did the decent thing)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a showery Suffolk on July 1st, the day the Rawanda Panda returns to lead us all to .......? @dunelm that is a gorgeous photo and the environmentally friendly boat trip sounds wonderful. Have a safe but temperate journey to Normandy. @gennepher hug for all the noise - where does that guy get all his money and why not buy a ready made property? Thanks for the creative - The Leaning Tower of Beanza and Peaza :woot::woot: Cricket, tennis, salmon salad and no socks with the added bonus of a crawling grandson wondering just how high he can reach to remind his grandparents they should have carried out a more thorough risk assessment. Did someone say Assam? Take care and avoid the Carlton Club fellas (to be fair, the guy did the decent thing)
Thanks @ianpspurs
Precisely, my thoughts too.
Where does this kind of money come from, AND, why not buy something more appropriate in the first place.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 5.6 for me on that meter.
Today here in Tilehurst Towers children’s shield painting will continue, only 4 to finish. Then 2 planters to replace the long one that was scrapped these are for Mrs J if I time things correctly they will not be able to be used until next year.
Stay safe all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Midnight has fed, but he only takes a bit out of each dish, and then sits back on the swing again.
Jade is always second in the early morning at the moment. Midnight seems to have a soft spot for Jade, almost like her protector. While Jade was feeding, Midnight got down and fed from the dish next to. Jade. And they were feeding together. Normally, all the stray cats feed independently, no two cats feed at the same moment. It was rather lovely to see.

But if a neighbourhood cat who obviously has a home comes to partake of the cat diner, Midnight is having none of it. He leaps down, says some warning words, and sends the well fed cat packing....chasing after them.

The last few evenings I put the final wet cat food out earlier than usual, but Midnight did not even taste it, but got down off the swing, went to the end of the garden, got out via the arbour. And a few moments later came back into the garden closely followed by Jade. He leads Jade on to the cat food, gets himself back on the swing and watches Jade feed. Jade usually polishes the lot off, then she leaves. Nothing left for Midnight, but he doesn't mind and eats the cat biscuits instead.

I have never seen this kind of behaviour before.

Creative is my strawberry leaning tower. I had two plants from last year, put them in, and now the little tendrils are finding their way to the lower levels.

Time for a hot drink...

Seize the day, make it yours!

A512C680-B188-4741-AE9B-80930AD57E54.jpeg

Last edited: