What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from SW France. Visited my sister in hospital yesterday and some reasonably good news. After two weeks of this latest episode she is responding well and they have decided to try another form of chemo as well as some radiotherapy. living an hour in the future is a bit of a pest as my body is not ready for the day but Mrs Miggins and I are in charge of shopping this morning and providing lunch for the masses. Hope everyone has a great day. Best finish my koffy and get organised.
I am glad they have some kind of plan/routine for your sister @dunelm
Enjoy your food shopping trip.
And have fun with the cooking and meal preparation...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.05am FBG 5.2 taken after school run as forgot earlier. Seems today might be the last day of school for our teenager. Exams thursday and friday for other children. Recent change of plans for his future leaves us scrabbling to navigate the French educational system. He will need further education. No idea at all how go organise this....
You are doing very well @SlimLizzy navigating all these minefields for the family.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a blue skied Exotic East on a day when I have been introduced to the word skimpflation. Brilliant summary of how low expectations have sunk in UK PLC since the red coach days. just how low for how long are certain elements prepared to allow their self worth to sink? In contrast British sport showed what "we" are capable of at our best. @gennepher hug for the horrendous day yesterday - common courtesy is another victim of skimpflation and me firstism. Thank you for the creative @dunelm wonderful news on your sister's new treatment plan. The medics in our extended family say they live in France for a reason. Enjoy shopping, I always find French supermarkets delight me more than even a well known UK one. @Krystyna23040 good news on taking it easy again. I've rolled the pitch ready for two grandchildren - first time in a week for me. Enjoy today as much as possible but unlike some people's neighbours and some self styled leaders show respect for others, the law and promises you made.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from SW France. Visited my sister in hospital yesterday and some reasonably good news. After two weeks of this latest episode she is responding well and they have decided to try another form of chemo as well as some radiotherapy. living an hour in the future is a bit of a pest as my body is not ready for the day but Mrs Miggins and I are in charge of shopping this morning and providing lunch for the masses. Hope everyone has a great day. Best finish my koffy and get organised.

That does sound like good news, @dunelm
Must be such a relief for all.
Best wishes the progress continues :)

Agree with @ianpspurs .
The Frenchie supers are just way above what we have here. Enjoy

Ps, text me the first few race results for each of today's UK race meetings, please ...as they come in, if you wouldn't mind :happy:.:D,

Let's just says, there'll be a Boris in it for you ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.05am FBG 5.2 taken after school run as forgot earlier. Seems today might be the last day of school for our teenager. Exams thursday and friday for other children. Recent change of plans for his future leaves us scrabbling to navigate the French educational system. He will need further education. No idea at all how go organise this....
Another with respect for how well you're coping in a foreign land :)

Hope the researching is productive

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Really enjoyed the dog walk around the park. Now for coffee and relax and read yesterday's 'i'.
YaY.....the @Krystyna23040 we know is BACK
Whoop whoop :)

A great relief for the sausage roll man, I'm sure

And a chance for him to stand down & relax for a moment...

.a most satisfying day for you both :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who watched and are watching the youngsters in white hit a spheroid backwards and forwards to each other, it appears to be addictive watching this on the idiot box, for the next fortnight I shall get no sense out of Mrs J. The positive thing is me, me’s and myself might be able to choose my fodder.
Bloods this morning were were 5.6
Youngest son, the Mordor dweller is doing a wonderful job of painting the rendering on our front wall. Apparently I am not to be trusted on ladders anymore.
Must go now and act the cantankerous old flatulent man they make me out to be.
Stay safe all.
Hugs where required.

Lovely how many love the tennis
Me..I can take it or leave it.

But while the cats mind is in sw19....tee hee ;):hilarious:...enjoy.

Nice work by the lad, then

And agree on the being placed in cotton wool or being thought defective in some way

I know people are trying to be helpful
But it does irritate no matter how much sense it makes overall, right :D:banghead:

I lean back on the old adage ..let the younger legs do the running..

Of course while looking unaffected, I silently place my foreman's hat on, ....and supervise :D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @ianpspurs
Interesting thought.
Clearly very true

And on the subject of "Chat Bots"
Clearly NOT human...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

As my in-depth experiences have patently shown me.

Chat bots, so called because to say AI would contravene any trades description act :rolleyes::D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers @ianpspurs
Interesting thought.
Clearly very true

And on the subject of "Chat Bots"
Clearly NOT human...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

As my in-depth experiences have patently shown me.

Chat bots, so called because to say AI would contravene any trades description act :rolleyes::D
I had an "interesting" encounter with the Santander auto help yesterday. After it sent me to Ulan Bator when I wanted to go to Newmarket, as it were, I solved the problem myself.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Kdoherty@pilatesnorfolk
YaY.....the @Krystyna23040 we know is BACK
Whoop whoop :)

A great relief for the sausage roll man, I'm sure

And a chance for him to stand down & relax for a moment...

.a most satisfying day for you both :happy:
Thank you. It is really good to feel back to normal.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

Yesterday morning I was out in my driveway when next door workmen arrived. They drove past and parked their trailer well away from my driveway entrance. So, I didn't have to say a word. Suited me.

But it was still too noisy all day. I couldn't wear my cochlear processor.

Now Midnight has decided that the cat pyramid that is meant for cats to go inside it, is great for sitting on top of. He has squashed it. And it makes a very comfy bed on the swing. I am assuming he is sleeping on it with his good whole ear on to this squashed fleece covered foam pyramid, to muffle the noise from next door, because I startled him a few times when I came out into the garden. His (too much) cut off ear, I think, has affected his hearing on that side, because the hole for the sound to go in is too small now, the way it has healed. So I think he now realises his world doesn't fall in when there are sounds of demolition all around.

Midnight has definitely discovered mice yesterday. There is a mouse nest in the middle of the garden which Popeye used to partake of daily. A mouse a day keeps the vet away. Maybe that was the secret of Popeye's long life?

Midnight can catch his own in between meal snacks now. He needs exercise...

We watched the small birds yesterday evening. Mrs Bluetit calls them all in with her song. As soon as I hear her song (I do have my cochlear sound processor on by evening when next door goes in for his tea and stops working and the noise abates, I can tell that by the smell of cooking that wafts into my garden from her indoors) I know we are getting the little feathered visitors. And that is delightful to watch as a pre bedtime relaxation for me...

What will today bring?

Creative is my money plants in the bathroom this morning in Laboscope. It was still a bit dark at 4 am...

A cuppa next.

Make the most of today!

FB283A1C-93A1-475F-94EE-8911CB3E2485.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from another warm start here in SW France. Sister begins her next round of chemo today so I hope that the tumor pushing against her left eye shrinks enough to let her see out of that eye. On a brighter note, we are out to lunch with the parents and some friends over from the UK today. You have to have UK on your car now - that old GB sticker is so out of fashion. You do get to choose a flag though I thought that the flag of Belize looked nice and it confuses the the Gendarmerie.
First though, some koffy and then follow my mother to the garage where they will inspect the damage to the rear end where a truck bumped into it the other day while parked up. Luckily the driver fessed up.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone from another warm start here in SW France. Sister begins her next round of chemo today so I hope that the tumor pushing against her left eye shrinks enough to let her see out of that eye. On a brighter note, we are out to lunch with the parents and some friends over from the UK today. You have to have UK on your car now - that old GB sticker is so out of fashion. You do get to choose a flag though I thought that the flag of Belize looked nice and it confuses the the Gendarmerie.
First though, some koffy and then follow my mother to the garage where they will inspect the damage to the rear end where a truck bumped into it the other day while parked up. Luckily the driver fessed up.
Good morning @dunelm
I hope they manage to shrink that tumour for your sister.
Enjoy your lunch.
Oh dear for your mother's car, I hope that is easily sorted...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Just off for the early dog walk - then of to teach classes at the little village hall 5 miles from here.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have just done a lateral flow test, -ve we hope.
Bloods this morning were 5.1.
Today I need to stand in the indoor rain cabinet, don clean clothes and wander into the great (?) metropolis of Reading for my plinky plonky lesson, have pity on my teacher, me, me’s and myself will spare no mercy, luckily I shall be wearing earplugs so I don’t have to listen.
Well fellow posters and painters, and I hope you all are well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a day when it is hard to gauge where to pitch my post and my thoughts. Sad news on Dame Deborah James, Russians shelling shopping centres, 40+ people dying in Texas and unsurprising revelations about the immorality of Trump. Alternatively, today is the feast of St Peter, it is summer in UK: no trousers, no socks, no thermals, sport to watch. I'd love to include Elsie but ALT was no mug. I'm pretty sure any massive calorie reduction or I/O imbalance would have done the same. This is more in line with what I will always believe has worked for me the last 7 years. LC diet has been unbelievably challenging. Fortunately, I have always really enjoyed salad. Very noticeable how no gym, exercise bike etc affects me. @dunelm curate's egg of a post: hopeful news on your sister, the prospect of wonderful weather and a fabulous meal, shame about the damaged vehicle. @gennepher thanks for the creative. Personally, I love the pattern, I really like the green, I’m ok with the lighter (Cambridge?) blue but always find dark blue depressing. Enjoy today and don't take this the wrong way but in memory of Dame Deborah: Signing off her final podcast in May, she said: "Check your poo. Come on. I can't leave on any other word apart from check your poo."

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a day when it is hard to gauge where to pitch my post and my thoughts. Sad news on Dame Deborah James, Russians shelling shopping centres, 40+ people dying in Texas and unsurprising revelations about the immorality of Trump. Alternatively, today is the feast of St Peter, it is summer in UK: no trousers, no socks, no thermals, sport to watch. I'd love to include Elsie but ALT was no mug. I'm pretty sure any massive calorie reduction or I/O imbalance would have done the same. This is more in line with what I will always believe has worked for me the last 7 years. LC diet has been unbelievably challenging. Fortunately, I have always really enjoyed salad. Very noticeable how no gym, exercise bike etc affects me. @dunelm curate's egg of a post: hopeful news on your sister, the prospect of wonderful weather and a fabulous meal, shame about the damaged vehicle. @gennepher thanks for the creative. Personally, I love the pattern, I really like the green, I’m ok with the lighter (Cambridge?) blue but always find dark blue depressing. Enjoy today and don't take this the wrong way but in memory of Dame Deborah: Signing off her final podcast in May, she said: "Check your poo. Come on. I can't leave on any other word apart from check your poo.
A really good article on the mood benefits of exercise. It is absolutely spot on.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A really good article on the mood benefits of exercise. It is absolutely spot on.
I was sure we would be on the same page about that. I also think the attached Naimeme is spot on. Elsie or any other way of eating is only part of living well - particularly ageing well. I'm not anti Elsie just absolutely certain there need to be far more clubs in the bag and just because lower carbs may be a good idea it doesn't mean no carbs is. In practice I don't see how zero carb is possible in the world as it currently exists. "Practically" zero carb maybe.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-29 13.37.12.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-29 13.37.12.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: