What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who woke up slow this Morening.
Bloods this morning were 5.6.
This morning was busy, 50 minutes plinky plonky practice then don my winter motorcycle clothing, well it was raining and take the motorcycle for an mot, passed thankfully. Later this afternoon my youngest son who has driven down from Mordor will be painting the rendered part of my front wall hopefully it will be dry by then. It appears I am to old and decrepit to climb ladders and splash paint on walls, ah the benefits of having grey hair and being old.
Stay safe all.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a telephone consultation with my GP. She thinks that it is a straightforward UTI and is nothing more sinister as the symptoms and temperature have responded well to antibiotics. As I have been on antibiotics for 24 hours they cannot confirm definitely that it is a UTI but it does look like it is. Unfortunately the Out of Hours clinic couldn't send the sample for testing.

So no further investigations needed - unless it happens again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a telephone consultation with my GP. She thinks that it is a straightforward UTI and is nothing more sinister as the symptoms and temperature have responded well to antibiotics. As I have been on antibiotics for 24 hours they cannot confirm definitely that it is a UTI but it does look like it is. Unfortunately the Out of Hours clinic couldn't send the sample for testing.

So no further investigations needed - unless it happens again.
Fantastic news but still take it easy

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The doctor I saw yesterday rang me to check on how I am today. He said he was concerned about how much blood I was losing and was pleased that I was doing so well today.

The NHS at its best.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to have heard you in such distress ..

And so pleased to hear your good news tonight :happy:

Very much the NHS in all its pomp & glory

Do take the time to come back slowly :)

Sure you'll be better for it.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from SW France. We are at my parent’s house - cool marble floors and shutters but the forecast is for a mere 22 degrees. 800 miles to get here (300 in the UK and 500 in France), our little Smart car is resting in the coolness of the communal underground garage. Niece coming up from Bordeaux today - we have brought her some curly wurlys - her childhood favourite, I think that Mrs Miggins may have overdone it, I count 20 twin packs! And a bag of Starburst.
No art today - just aching bones from sat in a car for two days. Hope you are all well. Wonder where the koffy is kept?
Marvellous how we can travel so smartly, these days

Heck of a lot of miles, rest up well

Much to do tomorrow, Monsieur

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Midnight and I sat and watched the young robin early yesterday evening. Young Robin still cannot figure out to fly to a fatball feeder and latch on with his claws. But he came in at the wrong angle each time. I was so wanting to show him how to do it.

Mrs Bluetit came in then, landed on the feeder, and hung on with her claws while she fed. And flew off into the bushes. Young Robin came out of the bush he was hiding in, and tried several more attempts at landing on the same fatball feeder. But each time, he couldn't quite do it. Then Mrs Bluetit came down again, landed on the feeder ate a bit of food, and then looked at Young Robin who was closely watching her from a branch. Mrs Bluetit flew into the air and came down again on to the fatball feeder. Young Robin watched very intently. Mrs Bluetit fed herself, looked at Young Robin, and then flew away. Young Robin put his head to one side, seemingly thinking hard, and then he flew to the other side of the fatball feeder and approached it just as Mrs Bluetit had. He succeeded, and had a feed. Then he half fell,off, half flew off. He tried again and again but could not repeat his success. So he tried landing on the top, and was more successful with that attempt.

Mrs Bluetit popped back in the garden, just in time to see Young Robin who just then made another successful landing. Mission accomplished. Mrs Bluetit sang her song.

At 7:05pm yesterday evening Little Miss (sparrow) flew into the garden, examined the bird feeders. All was to her satisfaction. She has now got her full adult coat. But only one sparrow flies and moves like Little Miss, half like a sparrow, half like a bluetit. She has a particular way she flies into the garden, and lands on branch to branch, going up to the highest point of the upward pointing branches. She still retains her slightly awkward movement patterns she had as a baby sparrow.

The garden was noisy with the sound of the small birds last night.

All day yesterday my AH Fort Knox Fence neighbour was having workmen doing horrendously noisy pneumatic drill work, and a large mechanical digger also bashing and breaking up concrete. PI hadn't realised and got a shock when I first put my cochlear processor on late morning. It sounded like some one was demolishing my bungalow all around me. I had no idea what the noise was, it was so intense. Then I thought...Midnight...

I rushed outside and Midnight was absolutely furious with me, snarling, spitting, hissing at me, slashing at me with his sharp front claws out. He was utterly confused and totally bewildered and distressed at this discordant noise from next door, and appeared to blame me for it. This was his quiet garden, his haven of peace where nothing went wrong. He had turned into one wild ferocious feral cat.

It upset me to see Midnight so badly disturbed at this horrible noise. It took me a long time to calm him down, and accept the noise. I started with the slow eye blink and reached out with my hands speaking softly all the while. He sheathed his claws and was just vocally objecting to the noise and demolition work next door by now. I tried bringing him into the bungalow, but the noise was just as loud and penetrating. I tried the potting shed, but everything is right next to the pneumatic drilling noise, and the digger. I tried the garage, but he didn't want that. I tried a cat igloo (thinking that might be a bit of a sound barrier), but he was too big for me to shove him in it. Finally I gave him some special treats, and his special food. Now he seemed calmed down. I came out very frequently, with a special food treat, to check on him sitting on his usual place on the swing. And he seemed to be dealing with the noise now, which went on all day. But he was very jumpy and I had to approach him very carefully.

What is wrong with common courtesy of putting a note through a neighbour's door saying some noisy work will ensue on a particular day? It gave me one heck of a shock when I put on my cochlear sound processor. I ended up taking it off for peace.

I had intended going and getting fish and no chips for my lunch as a treat. I had caught up on sleep in the morning. But by the time I had calmed Midnight, it was close to the shop's closing time. But I thought I might just have time. However, when I went to the front to my car, whatever firm were doing this pneumatic drill work and mechanical digger work, had parked their massive metal trailer right across the bottom of my driveway. There was no obvious vehicle attached to it that put it there. No point in asking them to move it, it would take too long. I had definitely missed the boat for the fish and chips shop. But my other, Xmas lights, neighbour was grumbling about the massive white van parked on the pavement outside his house. He had just come come into his driveway in his car. "At least they are not blocking your driveways," I told him. "ell ask them to move the trailer," he told me. "It is too late now," I replied and he tut tutted me, in a nasty sneering way, as though I was being a wimp for not telling the workmen to move this obstruction. Grrrrr. The workmen were using the pneumatic drill/s and large mechanical digger in AH's garden out of my sight, and I had no desire to go round to face AH neighbours Alsatian dog which does not like me. I was savaged by an Alsatian years ago, and though I have worked on my fear, that dog still knows there is still a trace of fear in me,

I came in, took my cochlear processor off, went out, cuddled Midnight, and transplanted tomato seedlings the rest of the afternoon. At least my nasty Xmas Lights neighbour cannot take his ears off, and turn his ear sound off.

This morning I have decided to stay at home. I don't want Midnight that badly upset again. And I will be checking, I am prepared now, and I will ask anyone to remove any obstruction to my driveway as soon as it appears. I don't know what will be going on today.

Creative is Midnight in Laboscope app showing his feelings for my AH neighbour.

Coffee now, a quick nap and steam eye mask session, and then ready to face the day.

6D3F7E10-3FED-4907-9F92-A7DB4780D952.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds a positively nasty neighbour @gennepher

Sympathies for the upset to the "Magical Garden" inhabitants .

Nice work calming midnight down .

And bravo the bluetit life coach
:happy:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Midnight and I sat and watched the young robin early yesterday evening. Young Robin still cannot figure out to fly to a fatball feeder and latch on with his claws. But he came in at the wrong angle each time. I was so wanting to show him how to do it.

Mrs Bluetit came in then, landed on the feeder, and hung on with her claws while she fed. And flew off into the bushes. Young Robin came out of the bush he was hiding in, and tried several more attempts at landing on the same fatball feeder. But each time, he couldn't quite do it. Then Mrs Bluetit came down again, landed on the feeder ate a bit of food, and then looked at Young Robin who was closely watching her from a branch. Mrs Bluetit flew into the air and came down again on to the fatball feeder. Young Robin watched very intently. Mrs Bluetit fed herself, looked at Young Robin, and then flew away. Young Robin put his head to one side, seemingly thinking hard, and then he flew to the other side of the fatball feeder and approached it just as Mrs Bluetit had. He succeeded, and had a feed. Then he half fell,off, half flew off. He tried again and again but could not repeat his success. So he tried landing on the top, and was more successful with that attempt.

Mrs Bluetit popped back in the garden, just in time to see Young Robin who just then made another successful landing. Mission accomplished. Mrs Bluetit sang her song.

At 7:05pm yesterday evening Little Miss (sparrow) flew into the garden, examined the bird feeders. All was to her satisfaction. She has now got her full adult coat. But only one sparrow flies and moves like Little Miss, half like a sparrow, half like a bluetit. She has a particular way she flies into the garden, and lands on branch to branch, going up to the highest point of the upward pointing branches. She still retains her slightly awkward movement patterns she had as a baby sparrow.

The garden was noisy with the sound of the small birds last night.

All day yesterday my AH Fort Knox Fence neighbour was having workmen doing horrendously noisy pneumatic drill work, and a large mechanical digger also bashing and breaking up concrete. PI hadn't realised and got a shock when I first put my cochlear processor on late morning. It sounded like some one was demolishing my bungalow all around me. I had no idea what the noise was, it was so intense. Then I thought...Midnight...

I rushed outside and Midnight was absolutely furious with me, snarling, spitting, hissing at me, slashing at me with his sharp front claws out. He was utterly confused and totally bewildered and distressed at this discordant noise from next door, and appeared to blame me for it. This was his quiet garden, his haven of peace where nothing went wrong. He had turned into one wild ferocious feral cat.

It upset me to see Midnight so badly disturbed at this horrible noise. It took me a long time to calm him down, and accept the noise. I started with the slow eye blink and reached out with my hands speaking softly all the while. He sheathed his claws and was just vocally objecting to the noise and demolition work next door by now. I tried bringing him into the bungalow, but the noise was just as loud and penetrating. I tried the potting shed, but everything is right next to the pneumatic drilling noise, and the digger. I tried the garage, but he didn't want that. I tried a cat igloo (thinking that might be a bit of a sound barrier), but he was too big for me to shove him in it. Finally I gave him some special treats, and his special food. Now he seemed calmed down. I came out very frequently, with a special food treat, to check on him sitting on his usual place on the swing. And he seemed to be dealing with the noise now, which went on all day. But he was very jumpy and I had to approach him very carefully.

What is wrong with common courtesy of putting a note through a neighbour's door saying some noisy work will ensue on a particular day? It gave me one heck of a shock when I put on my cochlear sound processor. I ended up taking it off for peace.

I had intended going and getting fish and no chips for my lunch as a treat. I had caught up on sleep in the morning. But by the time I had calmed Midnight, it was close to the shop's closing time. But I thought I might just have time. However, when I went to the front to my car, whatever firm were doing this pneumatic drill work and mechanical digger work, had parked their massive metal trailer right across the bottom of my driveway. There was no obvious vehicle attached to it that put it there. No point in asking them to move it, it would take too long. I had definitely missed the boat for the fish and chips shop. But my other, Xmas lights, neighbour was grumbling about the massive white van parked on the pavement outside his house. He had just come come into his driveway in his car. "At least they are not blocking your driveways," I told him. "ell ask them to move the trailer," he told me. "It is too late now," I replied and he tut tutted me, in a nasty sneering way, as though I was being a wimp for not telling the workmen to move this obstruction. Grrrrr. The workmen were using the pneumatic drill/s and large mechanical digger in AH's garden out of my sight, and I had no desire to go round to face AH neighbours Alsatian dog which does not like me. I was savaged by an Alsatian years ago, and though I have worked on my fear, that dog still knows there is still a trace of fear in me,

I came in, took my cochlear processor off, went out, cuddled Midnight, and transplanted tomato seedlings the rest of the afternoon. At least my nasty Xmas Lights neighbour cannot take his ears off, and turn his ear sound off.

This morning I have decided to stay at home. I don't want Midnight that badly upset again. And I will be checking, I am prepared now, and I will ask anyone to remove any obstruction to my driveway as soon as it appears. I don't know what will be going on today.

Creative is Midnight in Laboscope app showing his feelings for my AH neighbour.

Coffee now, a quick nap and steam eye mask session, and then ready to face the day.

View attachment 55207
What a dreadful day @gennepher. Poor Midnight.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from SW France. Visited my sister in hospital yesterday and some reasonably good news. After two weeks of this latest episode she is responding well and they have decided to try another form of chemo as well as some radiotherapy. living an hour in the future is a bit of a pest as my body is not ready for the day but Mrs Miggins and I are in charge of shopping this morning and providing lunch for the masses. Hope everyone has a great day. Best finish my koffy and get organised.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9.05am FBG 5.2 taken after school run as forgot earlier. Seems today might be the last day of school for our teenager. Exams thursday and friday for other children. Recent change of plans for his future leaves us scrabbling to navigate the French educational system. He will need further education. No idea at all how go organise this....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a blue skied Exotic East on a day when I have been introduced to the word skimpflation. Brilliant summary of how low expectations have sunk in UK PLC since the red coach days. just how low for how long are certain elements prepared to allow their self worth to sink? In contrast British sport showed what "we" are capable of at our best. @gennepher hug for the horrendous day yesterday - common courtesy is another victim of skimpflation and me firstism. Thank you for the creative @dunelm wonderful news on your sister's new treatment plan. The medics in our extended family say they live in France for a reason. Enjoy shopping, I always find French supermarkets delight me more than even a well known UK one. @Krystyna23040 good news on taking it easy again. I've rolled the pitch ready for two grandchildren - first time in a week for me. Enjoy today as much as possible but unlike some people's neighbours and some self styled leaders show respect for others, the law and promises you made.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Really enjoyed the dog walk around the park. Now for coffee and relax and read yesterday's 'i'.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from SW France. Visited my sister in hospital yesterday and some reasonably good news. After two weeks of this latest episode she is responding well and they have decided to try another form of chemo as well as some radiotherapy. living an hour in the future is a bit of a pest as my body is not ready for the day but Mrs Miggins and I are in charge of shopping this morning and providing lunch for the masses. Hope everyone has a great day. Best finish my koffy and get organised.
Good that your sister is responding well to treatment.

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a blue skied Exotic East on a day when I have been introduced to the word skimpflation. Brilliant summary of how low expectations have sunk in UK PLC since the red coach days. just how low for how long are certain elements prepared to allow their self worth sink? In contrast British sport showed what "we" are capable of at our best. @gennepher hug for the horrendous day yesterday - common courtesy is another victim of skimpflation and me firstism. Thank you for the creative @dunelm wonderful news on your sister's new treatment plan. The medics in our extended family say they live in France for a reason. Enjoy shopping, I always find French supermarkets delight me more than even a well known UK one. @Krystyna23040 good news on taking it easy again. I've rolled the pitch ready for two grandchildren - first time in a week for me. Enjoy today as much as possible but unlike some people's neighbours and some self styled leaders show respect for others, the law and promises you made.
Good article on skimpflation but makes for very sad reading.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds a positively nasty neighbour @gennepher

Sympathies for the upset to the "Magical Garden" inhabitants .

Nice work calming midnight down .

And bravo the bluetit life coach
:happy:
He is, in every way @jjraak

All the inhabitants were upset during the day yesterday.

I had never seen Midnight upset like that before.

There is a lot of altruism with the bird life, more than I had ever imagined...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a dreadful day @gennepher. Poor Midnight.
He was really upset @Krystyna23040
There is lots of noise today as well.
I keep checking on Midnight with a few treats.
I cannot wear my sound processor today either, the noise is doing my head in.
Midnight keeps coming inside the bungalow for a few minutes and then going back out again. Maybe that is when the pneumatic drill is going.
To me, the world is silent. I am just on visual today.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who watched and are watching the youngsters in white hit a spheroid backwards and forwards to each other, it appears to be addictive watching this on the idiot box, for the next fortnight I shall get no sense out of Mrs J. The positive thing is me, me’s and myself might be able to choose my fodder.
Bloods this morning were were 5.6
Youngest son, the Mordor dweller is doing a wonderful job of painting the rendering on our front wall. Apparently I am not to be trusted on ladders anymore.
Must go now and act the cantankerous old flatulent man they make me out to be.
Stay safe all.
Hugs where required.