Weekly weigh in - Fridays

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another week of no daily alcohol, chocolate, no nuts and minimal cheese give absolutely no change at all.
It was so easy to lose when I first went low carb back in 2020, why not now?

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another week of no daily alcohol, chocolate, no nuts and minimal cheese give absolutely no change at all.
It was so easy to lose when I first went low carb back in 2020, why not now?
This is so strange, do you write down everything you eat? I do think our bodies get used to a way of eating and maybe changing something around will help? Has any medication changed? Are you otherwise keeping healthy? Are you less active? I don't know, just chucking some ideas out there and offering hugs because it must be so frustrating for you.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm 2lbs down this week. Just a few pounds to go until I will have lost 2 stone. Like @MissMuffett said, I wish it would disappear a bit faster, but like her I haven't been trying either and haven't been hungry at all.
That is fabulous, 2 stone off really makes a huge difference to our wellbeing, everything feels a little easier!

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is fabulous, 2 stone off really makes a huge difference to our wellbeing, everything feels a little easier!
Thank you. I have analogue scales since my digital ones decided to stop working, so that's why I said "a few pounds". I should reach the two stone milestone this week or next. :cool:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
72.6kg this week (had a brief foray under 72kg but a cataract op meant I both exercised less and drank more alcohol as a pain relief).

The good news is that my eye is healing fast (and I can see, oh joy, everything is so bright) so I will hope that I can continue the downward trend next week. Am considering buying some smaller trousers....

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
72.6kg this week (had a brief foray under 72kg but a cataract op meant I both exercised less and drank more alcohol as a pain relief).

The good news is that my eye is healing fast (and I can see, oh joy, everything is so bright) so I will hope that I can continue the downward trend next week. Am considering buying some smaller trousers....
That is really great, Ellie and good news about your eye. Yes, treat yourself to those trousers!

Reactions: EllieM

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not Friday, but I'm one pound away from my two stone (28lbs) weight loss milestone.

That's the good news; the bad news is that there is a lot more to lose, and I'm impatient!
Well done Ian, that is really a great achievement. I totally understand how you feel about what is still to be lost, but it will happen at the speed it happens, we have to try and be patient, it is very hard though.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Ian, that is really a great achievement. I totally understand how you feel about what is still to be lost, but it will happen at the speed it happens, we have to try and be patient, it is very hard though.
Thank you. I know, but 2lbs per week weight loss is healthy, I think. And this is as much about health as it is about weight loss.

Stll, the beach would be nice. I have my sights set on next summer.