How many eggs do you eat per week?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat anywhere between 0 and 14. It varies a lot.

(And yep, it does seem like a weird question, :lol: )

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sometimes none sometimes 3 or 4.

Occasionally use one as a binder in meatloaf or home made burgers and occasionally have 1 or 2 boiled, scrambled or fried for breakfast.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think I have counted but on the other hand I don't ration them either.

Currently my mushroom omelettes have three eggs each in them. This is because I am a pig and this size just fits into a compartment of a divided plate which I then put in the freezer. I have a couple of those a week. The other compartments might have beens, sausage or mash or whatever.

One evening snack might be waffles with an attempt to fill the holes with egg but it usually spreads around a bit. Using a bread baking tin to confine it is a useful tip. This is a two egg job and I may do that a couple of times a week also.

It seems I might eat anything up to 10 per week

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As little as 4 and up to 10 when I'm off work, I can easily use 4 eggs in a cheese 'n' bacon omelette.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Usually 14. I have a 2-egg omelette, cooked in butter, for breakfast almost every morning. Sometimes I add cheese, sometimes mushrooms, but usually plain.

Viv 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
None - I just can't stomach them. I eat half an egg and can't even finish it.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nigel said:
As little as 4 and up to 10 when I'm off work, I can easily use 4 eggs in a cheese 'n' bacon omelette.

homer_drool_1.gif

I think I just decided what to eat for supper tonight...

Reactions: 5 people

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
I don't count, not a lot of point. LOVE eggs , protein, cholesterol, cheap as chips, natures little marvels !
Just trying to keep my cholesterol up to 7.2 % at the 'mo.

Jut thought I'd share with you my lunch today..

Tortilla wrap
smothered in real butter
tons of grated cheddar
layer of proper boiled ham
tons of grated cheddar ( yes, again ! )
liberal splash of sweet chilli sauce

microwave 1 minute
Fold and enjoy, best with a knife and fork

washed down with a substantial vodka and soda !

Superchip

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Between 0-7 a week .. I enjoy a nice runny egg or two, done in the microwave along with my bacon and toms. :D

I also have egg mayonnaise sandwich filler for breakfast about twice a week = that's included in the maxium of 7.

Not keen on omelettes though.

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Hey Grace ! how long do you microwave the eggs ?
Sounds good , do you cover the bacon and toms ?

Chips

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I forget to say how many I eat.

Loads. Sometimes.

And none. Sometimes.

Eggs are good. Certainly not to be feared.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Chips ... I put my bacon on the George Foreman and while that's cooking, I put a wee knob of butter in a small round microwavable container and slam an egg in there, making sure to prick the yoke a few times to stop it exploding. I slice my tomatoes and put them in another small container and put both in the micro for a minute. The egg usually takes a minute if in micro on it's own but just over a minute if it's in at the same time as tomatoes.

Omelettes and scrambled eggs in micro is easy peasy and takes only a minute or three at most.

I wouldn't be without my microwave because I use it for cooking everything ... stews, soups, veggies. If I want steak, chops etc, I grill them on the GF.

If you're cooking for one or two It's really easy to cook with a micro rather than just use it for heating up meals. And it takes a fraction of the time. Far less washing up too ... no heavy pots and pans. :D

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
At least 12 - mostly cooked as a component of my almond cake-bread, but also scrambled or fried or omelette

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Probably about 1-2 a week! (scrambled!) :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Administrator said:
Probably about 1-2 a week! (scrambled!) :D

Awwww you poor, egg deprived Administrator ... how do you cope without an abundance of eggs? :shock:

Magill

Dislikes
Some of the "candidates" in the Apprentice - I would never have employed some of the nasty individuals that pop up as potential employees in this show. If they are the best on offer then heaven help us!
At least 7. If I am baking using Almond Flour the quantity can easily double although I wouldn't be eating all of anything baked :lol: