Flu Jabs

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Its that time of year again when the Flu jabs are rolled out.I had a Pnuemonia jab yesterday and ill enquire about the flu jab when i see the nurse in October.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
John, you can also get your free flu jab done at the likes of Asda or any other pharmacy that offers this service, they just take a few details from you and then they write to your gp to let them know you've had it done, I got mine last year whilst shopping in Asda, it's much more convenient than having to fit in with the flu clinic timetables at the Dr's.

Reactions: 2 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didnt get round to it last year but had the flu and pneumonia jabs the year before.........

will be making the effort this time round...

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Call me paranoid but I never trust governments who want mass immunization programmes.
Never had a jab for flu or Pneumonia and only ever had flu once in my life years ago ... horrible as it was my body dealt with it just fine and ... built up more antibodies.
The strain you're being injected with is what ... last years strain which might be useless against this years strain?
Go for it but it's not for me thanx.

Reactions: 8 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
its all about reducing the risks for people with underlying conditions...........

I had the flu for the first time the year before my first jab, and it was brutal, and it effected my blood sugars and there was ketones to manage to......thankfully I had the sick day rules to help, and they really did help, but others might not have the knowledge or experience..........

so for me, anything that could reduce the risk of it is worth it.......

how were your blood sugars when you had the flu....? could you eat anything......?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had my free flu jabs ever since reaching the age where they became free. I also had my pneumonia jab (they last 10 years I think). This is despite a life time of never having had a bout of flu, ever. We never know when our immune systems may be compromised by some lurking problem, even some medication does this, and then a bout of flu could be lethal. Pneumonia can strike anyone at any time, particularly as we get older. I believe it is folly to refuse.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Had my Pneumonia jab last year and am told only need it once will be having my flu jab in October...better safe than sorry i say

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well you learn every day. I was not aware of the Pneumonia jab until I saw this thread, only the Flu jab. Thanks @johnboy412000 .
So should I have the Pneumonia jab as well as the Flu jab ?
This has now got me thinking.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I didnt get round to it last year but had the flu and pneumonia jabs the year before.........

will be making the effort this time round...

Yeah i had the Pneumonia jab yesterday i didnt know about that one as nobody had told me before the diabetic nurse did yesterday.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Call me paranoid but I never trust governments who want mass immunization programmes.
Never had a jab for flu or Pneumonia and only ever had flu once in my life years ago ... horrible as it was my body dealt with it just fine and ... built up more antibodies.
The strain you're being injected with is what ... last years strain which might be useless against this years strain?
Go for it but it's not for me thanx.

That maybe fine for you Jack but i'm the main carer for my wife so i have to take precautions after all im no use to her if i go down with the flu or Pneumonia

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well you learn every day. I was not aware of the Pneumonia jab until I saw this thread, only the Flu jab. Thanks @johnboy412000 .
So should I have the Pneumonia jab as well as the Flu jab ?
This has now got me thinking.

Yeah go for it.Like you i had no idea about the Pneumonia jab either.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Speaking of Jabs.I remember when the Tetanus jab was given every 10 years.My last one of those was 2000.Ive not heard anything since have they stopped doing them i wonder ?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had pneumonia twice three years ago. Then I was diagnosed with type 2. I've never been offered the jab though. I've had the flu jab when offered it but never asked for it if I didn't receive a letter. I refused it the year there was the swine flu vaccine because I didn't think they had had enough time to test it properly.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Naah, not for me.

Senior Partner GP at my practice encourages patients to have them because of targets etc. however privately to me said he doesn't see why people should have 40 flujabs in 40 years for just the possibility of a 1 in 40 chance of getting flu. He didn't like the flu jab chemicals at all.... And this was regards to me..T1 30 years, and had flu at age 27.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
If you do a little research you'll find there is no evidence whatsoever that flu jabs have any benefits at all.
If a different strain of flu arrives and it usually does ... the one you had is meaningless ... totally meaningless.
The chances of you getting the same flu as the jab you just had are very slim.

Most doctors wont have the jabs because of this and because of mercury and aluminium in the vials along with other toxins.
We've got this far ... thousands of years and were still here.
We are damaging everything in sight with our technology.
The environment is at crisis point according to many leading scientists.
We are the environment ... the environment isn't something you can visit.
I'm no expert so don't let me put you off having this stuff if it gives you some peace of mind but at least do a little research regarding what you are letting the state inject you with.
The biggest beneficiaries of course are ... big pharma and the share holders.
Who is paying them ten billion dollars for these questionable vaccines?
The tax payers of course.

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
OK -- you're paranoid
I'm fine with that .... the paranoid guy who never has flu jabs and only caught flu once.
Do a little online research and see how your lining the pockets of billionaires for something that is very questionable.
To be honest thinking about it some more ... the bull **** machine has everyone else paranoid and rushing toward the syringes while I on the other hand ... sip my scotch and ice thank :cool:you ....

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Flu, Pneumonia, Tetanus, I'll have the lot.
I firmly believe in boosting my immune system whenever possible.
I spend half my life poking around other peoples lofts, basements, sewers, and puncture myself every day.
So anything that helps, I'll take it.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Flu, Pneumonia, Tetanus, I'll have the lot.
I firmly believe in boosting my immune system whenever possible.
I spend half my life poking around other peoples lofts, basements, sewers, and puncture myself every day.
So anything that helps, I'll take it.
Ahhh different ball game.
I had a small business that bought me into contact with some grim stuff ... tetanus diptheria blah blah.
If I decide to go off to the 3rd world world any time soon I will go for whatever injections recommended.
But that's very different to mass injection programes of populations.
Your immunising against very real and known threats which you will be coming into contact with.
You're moving asbestos ... wear a mask etc ... I'm all for protection.
But what are you protecting against this year regarding flu and what are you offering to protect the people with exactly seeing as it is mostly guess work the twenty billion quid s changing hands for ........

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
L;ike I say I'm no expert but I have seen enough research and published papers to decide nope ... not for me.
Google is your friend ... once you dig through the nonesense of course.