FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Checkout is all fixed again now by the looks of it! No idea about the voucher!
From watching the YouTube video above, the remote also doubles up as a glucometer/ketone meter which is very handy....does anyone know about the test strips, their costing or if they would be available on prescription?

iHs

Teststrips are Optium or another starting with P and are on prescription. If the bolus wizard is like the Insulinx,the Libre will need a bg test first before being able to use Iits wizard. For pump users, this doesnt matter as bolus wizard Iis on pump but for those using injections, a change in bg teststrip might need to happen

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes I know its rechargeable.. So do you take it out to recharge in a recharger? Or do you charge it via the scanner?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Had a quick go at ordering and the checkout is working as it should. I didnt prder though as would like to get feedback first. What is Voucher code about?

Voucher code? For the NHS to buy cheaper?

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Teststrips are Optium or another starting with P and are on prescription. If the bolus wizard is like the Insulinx,the Libre will need a bg test first before being able to use Iits wizard. For pump users, this doesnt matter as bolus wizard Iis on pump but for those using injections, a change in bg teststrip might need to happen[/QUOTE

Its normal freestyle strips i think

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
no you cant. it stops working after 14 days and will not reset
ok thanks for that, then the CGM you can reset may work out cheaper, but the Libre doesn't need calibrating twice a day. it makes it a harder choice for those that don't need an out of range alarm

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ok thanks for that, then the CGM you can reset may work out cheaper, but the Libre doesn't need calibrating twice a day. it makes it a harder choice for those that don't need an out of range alarm

I dont think you can compare the 2 products. Dexcom is a CGM. Libre is a meter. It depends what you are looking for - a CGM that alerts you when youre going high or low?
or a meter to check your blood glucose whenever you need without pricking the finger.

Reactions: 5 people

iHs

Have looked at the video again and the teststrips are Freestyle Optium or Freestyle Precision

iHs

Yes I know its rechargeable.. So do you take it out to recharge in a recharger? Or do you charge it via the scanner?

Looking at the video, there is a charging cradle for the handset so during the time it takes to recharge, I presume the handset cannot be used to scan the sensor???

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah that's good to know, I've got the optimum ketone strips on my prescription. Might swap blood strips over from contour to that then to make it easier

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I assume then, that like phones etc you could then plug in to recharge the scanner overnight??

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Question for those that have purchased the starter pack since they sorted the vat & delivery issues - what is the total cost delivered (less vat) ?
I tried checking by creating another order but it won''t let me - says I can't order another when I have an order outstanding. I can work out that it is £133.29 after vat has been deducted but how much delivery charge are they adding?
Just want to double-check that they don't over charge me ;)
Ta.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Question for those that have purchased the starter pack since they sorted the vat & delivery issues - what is the total cost delivered (less vat) ?
I tried checking by creating another order but it won''t let me - says I can't order another when I have an order outstanding. I can work out that it is £133.29 after vat has been deducted but how much delivery charge are they adding?
Just want to double-check that they don't over charge me ;)
Ta.
£138.25

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Obviously they just messed up with delivery charge -and the VAT. Hopefully they can now sort out the dispatch of products more effectively..

Reactions: 2 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Sorry if this is a thick question, but for people on pumps like me where the meter sends through the reading via Bluetooth, would people just key in their readings to the pump manually every time and of course when using it with the bolus wizard on the pump to calculate bolus for food?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If you got accuchek pump you're a bit stuffed! You can't key in readings to the pump or remote. So you would still need to do blood tests to get an accurate bolus for food or corrections. The only benefit would be seeing graphs to accurately see when levels have changed in previous 8 hours..
However, it is an imprtant question to ask accuchek if they allow keyed in readings on their new pump.
Perhaps a volunteer could come forward to ask this question. I think they must be fed up of me asking them questions and reporting the answers on this forum!!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I didn't realise this - thought you could key in reading on all pumps. Guess I'm lucky with the Medtronic on that front then.

Reactions: 2 people