FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I asked this question earlier but it got rather lost in the avalanch of posts!

I wonder if it would be possible to have a simple device which was strapped on the arm next to the sensor (something like a watch strap) - close enough to "scan" periodically, say every 15 minutes. This could sound an alarm if bg is low or changing rapidly.

As I understand it the Libre uses NFC technology so Abbot ought to be able to do this fairly easily. They could sell it as on option.
Any thoughts from more technical people out there?
Your issue is proximity to the sensor. NFC works from only a few cm. Beyond that you need something different.

On that note, I wonder what the battery life on a sensor is in terms of swipes, as I'm pretty sure every 15 mins would give it a week or less. (I wonder if that is why some people are seeing sensor issues earlier in the 14 day life than others? Over swiping...)

Technically then, introducing this kind of thing brings it far closer to a classic cgm along with the limitations that incurs.

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I seriously think you are going to end up being seriously hypo'd at some point if you carry on having such low readings..

These are not good levels...

I don't think Login's levels are real -his sensor is just reading low.

Smidge

Reactions: 4 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Its almost 2 weeks since i called abbott and they said they would send a replacement for anfaulty sensor, its still not arrived

How long did everyone else have to wait?

Hi Searly, Mine arrived today after two weeks - with an apologetic phone call from an Abbott rep.

Smidge

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a call today to notify me that the sensor had been sent out on Wed (10 days after I reported the problem) and apologizing for the delay.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
M
Hi Searly, Mine arrived today after two weeks - with an apologetic phone call from an Abbott rep.

Smidge
My replacement reader and sensor ( never asked for that ) arrived today along with a call from a customer service manager with an apology for the delay

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I called them today and they said the order had been place but a system error meant they we manually processing the orders hence the delay but they were all shipped a few days ago

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My arm is quite sore today. Think I put it too high up

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I seriously think you are going to end up being seriously hypo'd at some point if you carry on having such low readings..

These are not good levels...
Thanks for the concern but my readings aren't really that low and the estimated A1c is bull****. Unfortunately the Libre sensor has been giving low readings compared to blood tests - in reality I haven't been below 5.0 mmol/L all day.

Blood test is the middle reading, the 'LO' readings either side means that the sensor is scanning at less than 2.2 mmol/L

mtF1lQx.jpg

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
... I have to say that Abbott's customer service have been excellent. I've just got off the phone to them with info on my third sensor and they are going to send me a new starter pack as they think the reader could be having problems.
I posted the above on Oct 28 and I'm a gnats naughty bit away from taking it back :sour:
I had to call customer services a couple of times as the replacement starter pack was taking too long to arrive - they kept on confirming that the pack was on its way and that I should receive it in a day or two.
Well 10 days later, today, a package arrived - a new sensor - NOT the new starter pack I had been promised :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Another call to customer services who apologise and say they don't know what happened - they will now send me (I'm not holding my breath :nailbiting: ) a new reader and one further sensor so I have a full starter pack as promised.

It means I'm going to have to take a break from scanning as my current sensor (which is bolloxed anyway) ends tomorrow and I'm not putting the replacement sensor on until I receive the new reader.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I posted the above on Oct 28 and I'm a gnats naughty bit away from taking it back :sour:
I had to call customer services a couple of times as the replacement starter pack was taking too long to arrive - they kept on confirming that the pack was on its way and that I should receive it in a day or two.
Well 10 days later, today, a package arrived - a new sensor - NOT the new starter pack I had been promised :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Another call to customer services who apologise and say they don't know what happened - they will now send me (I'm not holding my breath :nailbiting: ) a new reader and one further sensor so I have a full starter pack as promised.

It means I'm going to have to take a break from scanning as my current sensor (which is bolloxed anyway) ends tomorrow and I'm not putting the replacement sensor on until I receive the new reader.
You're not having much luck!!
They should be sending you a refund as well or complimentary supply of sensors too.

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So did you all remove the first sensor before putting the second on or did anyone give the second some 'easing in' time before the first ran out? P

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So did you all remove the first sensor before putting the second on or did anyone give the second some 'easing in' time before the first ran out? P

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I put the second on before taking off the first, but then I took the first off about 10 minutes after that, so no easing in time.

redrevis

Whilst I've been using the Libre, on occasions, for various reasons, I've thought the reading doesn't seem quite right, so I waited 10mins then took another reading and when that reading was the same, or very similar, I also did a BG test. These are all after 48hrs of the sensor being in, I consciously try and keep myself hydrated so that shouldn't be an issue. These are the results, notice how all of them have a horizontal trend arrow.

What do people think? Are these results typical to what others have been experiencing?

Comparison (Large).jpg

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
...........What do people think? Are these results typical to what others have been experiencing?
View attachment 8057
If you trust the readings from you AC Mobile then I would say your sensor is giving you erratic readings - sometimes a lot higher and sometimes a lot lower than the blood test.
Contact Abbott (0500 467 466) for a replacement, yours is faulty.

Reactions: 3 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst I've been using the Libre, on occasions, for various reasons, I've thought the reading doesn't seem quite right, so I waited 10mins then took another reading and when that reading was the same, or very similar, I also did a BG test. These are all after 48hrs of the sensor being in, I consciously try and keep myself hydrated so that shouldn't be an issue. These are the results, notice how all of them have a horizontal trend arrow.

What do people think? Are these results typical to what others have been experiencing?

View attachment 8057
My first sensor was very accurate compared to blood tests on both the Libre and the AC mobile - usually with in 0 - 0.5 mmol/l. My second sensor was quite jittery yesterday but has settled into being about 1 mmol/l higher than blood tests today. I think the biggest difference so far was maybe 2 mmol/l.