What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

breakfast: Usual butter with toast
Lunch: vegetable broth with cheese and one lemon puff
tea: my free birthday carvery - roast chicken, peas, cauli cheese, roasties and gravy
Snack - two great dollops of crunchy peanut butter on two crackawheat

I get away with the roasties if I have lots of little ones......

Reactions: 8 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
IMG_9869.JPG

Tea: an Americano (with 38% cream), camembert, cow brie, goat brie, liver pâté, more goat cheese.

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Well, @Adelle0607 and @jack412 can probably explain better.
*waves* hi guys!
But it is my understanding that there are markers in blood tests that show the presence of a fatty liver (ALT and triglyceride levels being two, I think). I know Adelle has had confirmation that her liver has defatted, but I'm not sure what shape that confirmation took.
Would that be a part of your fasting cholesterol test? I'll be home in a few weeks and need to set up appointments now - it takes so long to get one unless you've got bits that are dropping off...

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B - breakfast balls
L - bacon and mushroom crustless quiche and salad with a little olive oil
S - 9bar got stuck in traffics on my way home for nearly 2 hrs and my blood dropped to 3.7 so I ate my emergency bar
D - Cauliflower, broccoli with a chicken curry
Sounds perfect - and how lucky you had something good to eat with you... especially in the cold... a lesson for us all not to go out without something in reserve I think... I usually have a squashed, horrible-looking BabyBel in my handbag somewhere, and some black chocolate... They say T2's don't get hypos, especially if they're not on meds, but it's not true - I do... I hit the skids early in the morning in Wales, at the Passport Office on Christmas Eve... I was such a mess... something was going wrong and the anxiety pushed it over the edge I think... The staff there, dressed in reindeer antlers and snowman outfits :), were so very, very kind to me - you would be staggered at the amount of people who know how to deal with a hypo because they have relatives or friends with diabetes... they ran around fetching me chocolate, 7-Up, biscuits and anything else they could find... it took me about 20 minutes to feel a bit better, then, very unusually for me, I burst into tears... :) Such kindness though... I will never, ever go to London again for my passport - which has to be renewed every couple of years - I will always go to Newport now...

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thats a good thought, will blame the weather. Numbers been higher today on far less naughty foods :confused:
How odd... is it a hangover from the previous day maybe? Does that happen - sort of stored up?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What an odd 2 days!

Off work yesterday, so we walked dogs then headed out to lunch.
Steak or similar has become my default when out. I like them. They are deeply satisfying. And I can sneak a chip or 6 in, without impacting my BG. Usually stay under 7 mmol/l for hours, without a peak.

This was the biggest mixed grill I've ever seen. Rump steak, gammon, egg, sausages, lamb chop, 6 chips and salad. My carnivorous gluttony started wonderfully, and petered out into a reluctance to waste, then stopped dead in defeat.

My BG was 6.6 at 90 mins, dropped to 6.1 at 2.5 hrs and stayed there til the following morning.
:D

Didn't eat a thing in the evening, or for breakfast.

Then, in my lunch break today, I'm out again.
This time, the order was placed 3 weeks ago. And, guess what? I had chosen steak. :rolleyes:

This time, it was smaller and came with chips, onion rings, tomato, mushrooms and salad.
Delicious, but nearing steak overload!

That was at 1pm.
It is now 8.30 pm and I don't think I'm going to need anything until tomorrow lunch. Again.

And it will be a green smoothie. And no beef. Promise.
;)
It sounds like you've found the way to eat that suits your numbers... :)

pms543

I use cream and creme fraiche, slaked with a little unsweetened almond milk, grated strong cheddar, a little freshly grated parmesan reggiano, loads of English mustard and a grating of nutmeg.....Must have missed the other... someone will post it for you, I'm sure... :)
Thank you!!

Looking forward to your bread recipe too...

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aioli, for the person who asked, is garlic mayonnaise. It's amazing.

Me today:

B: 2 boiled eggs
L: insides of 3 dim sims, and, in a break from the low carb norm, a portion of potato wedges with sour cream. I was out where there wasn't anything else to eat so thought I'd see if there was anything in this resistant starch business. Tested 2 hours afterwards and I was 6.7 so something about it was ok - maybe the big dollop of sour cream.
D: 2 more dim sim insides, and chicken stir fry without rice/noodles.
Snack: handful of nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios).

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would that be a part of your fasting cholesterol test? I'll be home in a few weeks and need to set up appointments now - it takes so long to get one unless you've got bits that are dropping off...
Hi @Susikav! they do an abdo scan once your liver enzyme number levels are high to confirm if you have nafld :) good luck with your tests xxx

S

Sable_Jan

How odd... is it a hangover from the previous day maybe? Does that happen - sort of stored up?
Don't know really but I started the day higher and the trend seemed to continue....as though my body was telling me I was keeping the higher level topped up. My pre's were higher too so not spiking, just generally running higher

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I tried @Trina_P's porridge and eggs recipe and it was delicious! I made sure I did some chores after breakfast and my BS rose by 1.5 and settled back to 5.5 after 3 hours, so I look forward to that again.
However I may have to start counting carbs properly if I want to get my overall figures any lower so my groats (wholegrain oats) may be too many in one go, even though they don't spike me. My standard deviation is .9 according to my meter program which is comforting. If it isn't, don't tell me.
L: sweet potato & onion soup. Revisiting old haunts -- I haven't tried sweet pot. since getting a meter. I went shopping straight after but alas, sure enough my BS was 7 after only an hour. So I sawed some firewood and then got a reading of 4.9! Time to reach for the peanut butter.
D: will be beef stew with mushrooms and steamed veg, all of the sensible kind. I'm still using buckwheat flour for thickening although it's a bit carby and some interesting alternatives have been suggested on here, like xanthan gum, which I'll follow up.
*edit* No spike with dinner ... in the 5's before and after :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Blessedarethecheesemakers sorry not been on I will take a look

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs and spelt toast
lunch homemade ham frittata coleslaw salad
dinner steak coleslaw halloumi mushrooms salad

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Don't know really but I started the day higher and the trend seemed to continue....as though my body was telling me I was keeping the higher level topped up. My pre's were higher too so not spiking, just generally running higher
Maybe the cold weather? It must make a difference - slow liver dump to keep you warm? :)

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Greek yoghurt and frozen cherries
L chicken and kale broth
D cottage pie made with celeriac mash and homemade low carb cheesecake (yum!)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B Greek yoghurt and frozen cherries
L chicken and kale broth
D cottage pie made with celeriac mash and homemade low carb cheesecake (yum!)
Perfect... :)

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Allbran with ss milk, one boiled egg.
L. Breakfast balls ;), cauliflower tortillas, salad.
D. Pork steak, cauliflower rice, curried veg.

Status
Not open for further replies.