Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Strips arrived this morning, glad the postie woke me up. BS level this morning 5.7.
Not getting too excited as I am night shift at weekends and my body can become confused!

Reactions: 15 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear your having blood flow probs my bro' has similar and he was told to take it steady,....that was 10 yrs ago...he's 68 now,hope you get a good outcome (((((hugs)))))
Thanks Clive!! Good to know that your brother is OK. give him a hug for me next time you see him..:)

Reactions: 6 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope docs can get things sorted for you TIA's are not nice I had 1at 14 and another at 26 due to genetic disorder. I now walk with crutches due to poor balance.

:(..really sorry to hear that loulou.. hope you keep well.
docs have put me on blood thinners and a statin. that's about all they can do i suppose.

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the docs can fix you ASAP. Take care x

Cheers Sable..the one thing that i thought was quite funny...they told me that the occlusion would have occurred gradually over many, many years..but the minute i told them i was on LCHF with high cholesterol readings, suddenly eggs & saturated fat was quite possibly to blame..:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 7 people

Merrylizard1314

Thats really wonderful, but just remember what the headmaster said.

Dear Pasha, I wish I WAS in detention today.
I am having a brunch meeting with lovely friends and I just know that there will be absolutely no portion control possible, but a proliferation of cheese and red wine, croissants, egg dishes of all kinds, baked fish, and so on. Even fruit - and cakes. It is a traditional gathering which I must attend and I enjoy the company very much.
My plan is to abandon ND , but to retain the calorie count with low carb food as unobtrusively as possible.and keep drinking water. Will this work?

Reactions: 8 people

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 this morning. getting progressively worse as I have been stress snacking for the last few weeks on cheese, nuts and stevia chocolate. i am giving myself another couple of days to get my head in order before aggressively tackling my sugar levels again.

i am stressed because i had two transient ischemic attacks or minor strokes and scans show that my right internal carotid artery is totally blocked. ..so i suppose snacking is the least of my problems at the moment :)
With your problems 7.3 Isn't so bad. Take care. Thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Reactions: 12 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am having a brunch meeting with lovely friends and I just know that there will be absolutely no portion control possible, but a proliferation of cheese and red wine, croissants, egg dishes of all kinds, baked fish, and so on. Even fruit - and cakes. It is a traditional gathering which I must attend and I enjoy the company very much.
My plan is to abandon ND , but to retain the calorie count with low carb food as unobtrusively as possible.and keep drinking water. Will this work?
I bet yes. Neck on the line. To be confirmed.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting Sat 8.20 am 6.5
(Friday pre supper was 6.3)

Sat pre & post meals [fasting was also my pre breakfast] 6.5 ->7.2, 6.5->7.0, 6.3->6.5

Robbity

Reactions: 16 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Professor Taylor states, it is the weight loss that is important, not the method or pace of loss. Breaching your personal fat threshold is critical to reversal, for those who will achieve it.

Reactions: 2 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Energy levels fast returning, temperature, gone, sore throat and cough........digging their heels in.

Reactions: 26 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Professor Taylor states, it is the weight loss that is important, not the method or pace of loss. Breaching your personal fat threshold is critical to reversal, for those who will achieve it.
And for those in the real world. What's the profs prediction for a birthday high tea?
photo-11.JPG

Reactions: 11 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With your problems 7.3 Isn't so bad. Take care. Thoughts and prayers are with you xx

aiming to get it back to low fives within a couple of weeks...thank you comfort. really appreciate the support!!

Reactions: 15 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
No chance, fortunately... ;) Enjoy your day... You can do detention again tomorrow :D

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Status
Not open for further replies.