What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Bolognese , I cooked a small amount of linguine to go with it, put it on my plate then got the guilt trip so quickly swiped it onto the floor for the dogs :)

Reactions: 10 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Tried a small bowl of porridge (not had for ages) won't repeat
Yearly eyes photographed (wish they did this in winter, less sun)
Late lunch of bacon fried egg and cheese
D doner kebab no pitta

Reactions: 7 people

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Grilled bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms, scrambled eggs
Lunch: Almond bread with butter and marmite, chunk of strong cheddar
Dinner: Cauliflower and broccoli baked in coconut oil, ginger, garlic and chilli. Turns out this is not filling, so then dipped almond bread in remains of the oil :) Then berries and yogurt.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Quick Venison meatballs in Tomato & Basil Sauce with Zero carb noodles/spaghetti.

Sometimes I can't be bothered to cook from scratch. I need something quick, easy & filling which is low carb too. So for the family evening meal, we had Lidl Venison Meatballs with a jar of Lloyd Grossman Tomato & Basil sauce. Sometimes I bulk the sauce out with mushrooms or whatever veg is in the fridge...but not tonight. This was served with Bare Naked noodles as a spaghetti substitute. I get mine from Morrisons. Parmesan shavings on top. Garden Salad as a side. All done in 15 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen those Lloyd Grossman jars. They are much lower carb than most of those ready sauces. Was it nice?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Grilled bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms, scrambled eggs
Lunch: Almond bread with butter and marmite, chunk of strong cheddar
Dinner: Cauliflower and broccoli baked in coconut oil, ginger, garlic and chilli. Turns out this is not filling, so then dipped almond bread in remains of the oil :) Then berries and yogurt.
I see you are getting that on low carb, fats are the real filling bit, :)
the bake would have been nice, I do an indian spice colly bake thats also good

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
I've seen those Lloyd Grossman jars. They are much lower carb than most of those ready sauces. Was it nice?

Hi Brunneria

It was gorgeous actually. Lidl are a real gem for quality meat that is affordable. And yeah, the Lloyd Grossman sauces are all nicely low carb. SO much easier than faffing about making your own sauce when you're knackered after a busy day. My hubby likes to add chilies to his and I forgot to add, we always put some Parmesan shavings on top.

A very nice lady on here gave me the recipe for low carb hot chocolate...which finished it off very nicely. ;)

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I suggest we sticky the old thread that has been locked? My reasoning is that it had a bucket load of good ideas that as a newbie to me was invaluable. I think a lot of good suggestions will be lost to new members which will be a shame.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
My Bolognese tonight was made with Lloyd Grossman sauce and jolly nice it was too :)

Reactions: 5 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
B: herb tea with lemon. 2 poached eggs and wilted spinach
L: feta salad, raspberries
T:roast chicken, green beans, spinach and avocado. raspberries
snack - guess what? more ....raspberries, but with almonds this time, one can get a little bored of raspberries :)
drinks-just water and herb tea

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I suggest we sticky the old thread that has been locked? My reasoning is that it had a bucket load of good ideas that as a newbie to me was invaluable. I think a lot of good suggestions will be lost to new members which will be a shame.

Within about 30 minutes of it being locked, I asked for the same thing, but I haven't had a response. I'll take @Giverny and @admin here in case they've been a bit busy and not seen the request. That said, I have messaged Giverny a couple of times of late, but not had any response to those either. Perhaps things are a bit busy behind the scenes at DCUK at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I like the Lloyd Grossman sauces too - the lowest carb seems to be the puttanesca :)

Yesterday:

B - eggs and mushrooms, coffee with double cream
L - a bit of hummus, half an avocado, some blue cheese, a tomato and a couple of small salami slices
D - avocado vinaigrette (I should make my own but we use Farrington's 'mellow yellow' classic vinaigrette, 3.9 g carbs per 100 g), proper Angus burger and cauli/cheese, berries and cream, red wine (no I'm not saying how much red wine ;)

Reactions: 6 people

Vivienne_2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
Hmm I had a green smoothi of kale, half pear, ginger, parsley, 50grm of cucumber and two celery sticks, 1 tble spoon apple cider vinger, only juicing once a day now to loose a stone.. Dinner will be mushroom and spinach omelette.

Reactions: 7 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hmm I had a green smoothi of kale, half pear, ginger, parsley, 50grm of cucumber and two celery sticks, 1 tble spoon apple cider vinger, only juicing once a day now to loose a stone.. Dinner will be mushroom and spinach omelette.
Welcome :)

Your smoothie sounds delicious. Is it quite filling?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I like the Lloyd Grossman sauces too - the lowest carb seems to be the puttanesca :)

I heard about that sauce on the food network. The translation is quite rude!

I have just had my usual so far today - cheese omelette, blueberry chia pudding with pecans, fennel tea.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - 2 beef sausages and 3 rashers bacon fried in lard.
L - salad with melted cheese and onion
D will be - cod fillet in tomato & Rosemary Sauce with runner beans and curly kale and butter.

Vivienne_2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome :)

Your smoothie sounds delicious. Is it quite filling?
yes it is, I normally get three to four glasses, of juice out of it... so I can last till lunch time and I don't feel like snaking in between.

I vary it every day.. one day I do spinach, banana, grapefruit. cucumber that is really nice I juice that with coconut water.

I can actually miss the chocolate aisles out in the supermarket now lol