Counselling and Diabetes?

Should there be specific counselling offered to people living with diabetes?

• yes

Votes: 63 94.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lol it gets easier promise just wouldn't recommend diabetic chocolate though

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

Don't do that rubbish if paid ...it ether the real thing or nothing ..I even had a finger of fudge today ....my treat in my honey moon is my excuse

Jess33marsh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love star bars too. Donnellysdog flaxseed made my hair super greasy when I tried but haven't tried chia seed. So no bread or pasta? Or gluten free ok? I like the change

Jess33marsh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat chocolate or cake when I want too in moderation and account for it with insulin. The more I'm told I can't have something the more I want it psychologically. Coffee is my downfall though

Reactions: 2 people

Jess33marsh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fayfaye1429 do you mean flaxseed and chia seed? I have IBS so need to be careful with any nuts or seeds.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No I can't remember the ingredient off had but it's made with slower releasing sugar that are a natural laxative

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I love star bars too. Donnellysdog flaxseed made my hair super greasy when I tried but haven't tried chia seed. So no bread or pasta? Or gluten free ok? I like the change

I tried a panini the other week after completely eliminating bread for pretty much 2 years now. It literally turned to a tennis ball sized lump in my stomach and my hubby and I could follow its transit through. I don't have an ounce of fat on me so it made it even more noticeable.actually that is a bit of a fib... When I make my own fishcakes at home instead of potatoes I add 100g of bread to 8 fishcakes which have lots of philadelphia in and 2 tablespoons of flaxseed in as well. So the flaxseed prob helps the bread digest through. But per fishcake it only works out to be 12.5g of bread. Thats the only time ever that I have anything wheat or cereal based. (Swop 2 fishcakes for the bread with my neighbours as I'm too stingy to buy a whole loaf!!)

I haven't tried gluten free I just go without. I am a small eater though so it doesn't bother me to think of substiting for gluten free.

I was going to try a scone today with jam and clotted cream as we were out but decided not to risk it after the tennis ball incident a few weeks ago. (The cream was also a measly teaspoon given for a whole scone so not enough!!!)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Coffee my down fall too!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I personally always under estimate my insulin when carb counting but I have slow transit too so effects sugar levels.

Did you have a shapes test to diagnose the slow transit Jess?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You swalllow 60 small shapes in capsules over 3 days. You get xrayed 5-6 days later. The shapes should all have been expelled through poo. I still had 58 out of 60 still in me.
My gastroentrologist thought initially I had ibs but decided to do the shapes test as well as all the anal camera, stomach camera etc. all the other tests were normal but the shapes test showed that my stomach was near paralysis. The next stage under consideration was seeing the top gastro guy in London to see about having an electric stimulator in my stomach but thankfully flax and chia seeds and eliminating all gelatine products and wheats have completely reversed this.
I do have to have everyday though. I sprinkle on my fruit or my salad or veg. Only trouble is the chia seeds can get stuck in teeth.
Again my GP's didn't want to refer me and kept giving me laxido and enemas and 3 times I ended up in hospital before I paid privately for my initial appointment with gastro chap. Then he saw me on the nhs with all tests and appts afterwards.
http://www.digestivedistress.com/constipation-diagnosis

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/...protocols/colonic_transit/colonic_transit.htm

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

So let me get this right ...they make you eat Lego and you have to record how much your scream blue murder each time you go for poo.....

Ok that just proves doctors or sado's lolol