1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Counselling and Diabetes?

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by Jess33marsh, May 22, 2014.

?

Should there be specific counselling offered to people living with diabetes?

1. yes

40 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

We'll that or double decker or oh oh oh snickers mmmm

2. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

Oh hell....cover me in melted Choc and I would eat my blooming self lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fayefaye1429

Fayefaye1429 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Lol it gets easier promise just wouldn't recommend diabetic chocolate though

4. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

Don't do that rubbish if paid ...it ether the real thing or nothing ..I even had a finger of fudge today ....my treat in my honey moon is my excuse

5. Jess33marsh

Jess33marsh Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I love star bars too. Donnellysdog flaxseed made my hair super greasy when I tried but haven't tried chia seed. So no bread or pasta? Or gluten free ok? I like the change

6. Fayefaye1429

Lol it ain't good on the bowels either

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jess33marsh

I eat chocolate or cake when I want too in moderation and account for it with insulin. The more I'm told I can't have something the more I want it psychologically. Coffee is my downfall though

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jess33marsh

Fayfaye1429 do you mean flaxseed and chia seed? I have IBS so need to be careful with any nuts or seeds.

9. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

PMSL...that maybe so...but it's sooooo good lol

10. Fayefaye1429

No I can't remember the ingredient off had but it's made with slower releasing sugar that are a natural laxative

11. Fayefaye1429

Sorry just seen it I'm talking about diabetic chocolate

12. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

Oh lol....I meant starbar PMSL...right blood is 13...time for bed

13. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

I tried a panini the other week after completely eliminating bread for pretty much 2 years now. It literally turned to a tennis ball sized lump in my stomach and my hubby and I could follow its transit through. I don't have an ounce of fat on me so it made it even more noticeable.actually that is a bit of a fib... When I make my own fishcakes at home instead of potatoes I add 100g of bread to 8 fishcakes which have lots of philadelphia in and 2 tablespoons of flaxseed in as well. So the flaxseed prob helps the bread digest through. But per fishcake it only works out to be 12.5g of bread. Thats the only time ever that I have anything wheat or cereal based. (Swop 2 fishcakes for the bread with my neighbours as I'm too stingy to buy a whole loaf!!)

I haven't tried gluten free I just go without. I am a small eater though so it doesn't bother me to think of substiting for gluten free.

I was going to try a scone today with jam and clotted cream as we were out but decided not to risk it after the tennis ball incident a few weeks ago. (The cream was also a measly teaspoon given for a whole scone so not enough!!!)

14. donnellysdogs

Coffee my down fall too!!

15. donnellysdogs

Did you have a shapes test to diagnose the slow transit Jess?

16. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

What's that and how do I find out

17. donnellysdogs

You swalllow 60 small shapes in capsules over 3 days. You get xrayed 5-6 days later. The shapes should all have been expelled through poo. I still had 58 out of 60 still in me.
    My gastroentrologist thought initially I had ibs but decided to do the shapes test as well as all the anal camera, stomach camera etc. all the other tests were normal but the shapes test showed that my stomach was near paralysis. The next stage under consideration was seeing the top gastro guy in London to see about having an electric stimulator in my stomach but thankfully flax and chia seeds and eliminating all gelatine products and wheats have completely reversed this.
    I do have to have everyday though. I sprinkle on my fruit or my salad or veg. Only trouble is the chia seeds can get stuck in teeth.
    Again my GP's didn't want to refer me and kept giving me laxido and enemas and 3 times I ended up in hospital before I paid privately for my initial appointment with gastro chap. Then he saw me on the nhs with all tests and appts afterwards.
    http://www.digestivedistress.com/constipation-diagnosis

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/...protocols/colonic_transit/colonic_transit.htm

18. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

Sod that for game of lafffs !!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

So let me get this right ...they make you eat Lego and you have to record how much your scream blue murder each time you go for poo.....

Ok that just proves doctors or sado's lolol

20. Jonnyjibbsuk

Jonnyjibbsuk · Guest

Ok we are so way of topic in here - how did we get to poo

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook