Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

C

catherinecherub

This thread is not about what you think people should be eating but rather what they are eating @controlled.

This is why the thread is here as per Admin's words.
"Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting!" ;)
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2s-what-have-you-eaten-today.75783/

There is a low carb thread about people's daily meals here.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5g carbs per cracker. Lightly salted finish to them ..... And I just had to eat that one seeing as I'd got it out of the packet. Didn't want to disappoint it .... And ate a second to stop it being lonely ;)

Hi Sable_Jan,

Thank you for the jpg. I'll keep my eye's open next time I'm in the supermarket. Take care and I'll catch ya around.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 2 people

Nannyrosie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast. Poached egg, round of kingsmills 50/50 toast, 1 tablespoon of baked beans.

Lunch. 2 rounds kingsmills 50/50 bread, grated cheese mixed with mayo, half slice of gammon ham. Small satsuma.

Dinner. Roast chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled beetroot, gherkins. Then a small piece of Raspberry roulade and 5 strawberries.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B/fast - scrambled eggs on seeded toast
Lunch - roast pork and crackling, leeks, peas, beans and 2 roasties
Afternoon tea - fresh cream eclair (naughty but nice)
Tea - cheese, tomato and onion on toasted Lidl high protein roll plus strawberries and cream

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday - Breakfast - bacon and eggs with tomato
Then traveling all day - water, tea and a few nuts and seeds - pre dinner reading was 6.9 (big ouch for me)
Dinner - Weatherspoons big mixed grill with side salad instead of the chips and onion rings - couple of glasses of red - post dinner reading 5.0

Reactions: 4 people

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Weet a box X2 dried fruit and cereal seed topper..semi milk
Lucy seeded ham sandwich
Dinner.liver and bacon small mash potatoes and peas.

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Banana cake and custard
Dinner: bits of stuff...celery, cheese, Pringles, chocolate cake (low carb version)
Snack....2 water biscuits w butter
Tea: my take on.broccoli and stilton soup using feta instead and half cauli as well as broccoli...and spring onions plus bit f leftover cooked cabbage and leek and 2 veg stock cubes....

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,

Hope your all feeling Ok!

Prior to 9.5
Breakfast, 2 eggs fried in butter along with some mushrooms fried in butter, a cuppa with 1 level teaspoon of white sugar,
2 hours later 9.4
lunch didn't test as only had a cuppa with 1 sugar,
Prior to 7.7
Dinner 6 Brussel Sprouts boiled in microwave then fried in butter along with mushrooms, 1 Large Green, & 1 Red Chillies + 2 Small Hot Chillies, fried in Tumeric, Chinese Five Spices, Cayanne Pepper, all mixed together with a 1/2 cup water and a tablespoon of corn flour to thicken and make a bit oof sauce. then I had a cuppa coffee with 1 level teaspoon of white sugar.
2 hours later 7.9

Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 6 people

Jajabing

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had one rather big slab of chicken leg with 3 small sized tomates with scrambled eggs (2 eggs).

(It's delicious but i think i overdid it with the eggs, was so full the whole day and felt like i'm about to burst. Also feeling really sleepy with this newly acquired form of low carb-ing of food. My readings are 6.3 before meal and 6.8 after)

Dinner was a small salad and duck confitt with a tiny scoop of potatoes in a lot of cream.

Supper, cheese with hazelnuts and dried cranberries.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
on holiday right now
2 glasses of water and a cup of tea

pre breakfast 6.6
Bacon, eggs mushrooms
post breakfast 6.0

lunch - no testing - asparagus, bacon, eggs, hollandaise sauce. 2 glasses of red wine, water, coffee

walked 5 1/2 miles according to pedometer

pre dinner 4.8
salted beef, lettuce, tomato, red pepper and half a slice of low carb bread. Necterine and greek yoghurt for pud. 2 glasses of water, 2 glasses of red wine.
Post dinner 5.2

Note to self: must buy more of that dry red wine it looks like it's good stuff.

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
I am not hungry today and am reluctant to eat. Can anybody suggest anything to help? I'm not on insulin

karencymru

Attachments

• 1433938232083.jpg
    1433938232083.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 1433938244557.jpg
    1433938244557.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:

podger78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast porridge alpen unsweetend milk toast no butter with mackeral slice of toast with thin layer of honey rading of 13 why

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast porridge alpen unsweetend milk toast no butter with mackeral slice of toast with thin layer of honey rading of 13 why

What were you before you ate? That figure matters because you have no idea what that breakfast did your levels without knowing where you started. I would suggest the porridge, toast and honey were to blame.

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
Breakfast, 28grams nutty granola, omega 3seed mix, nectarine, tea
Lunch, 2 scrambled eggs with 1 slice seeded loaf, banana, coffee x2
Undecided about eve meal, possibly salad with a couple of small new potatoes.

S

Sable_Jan

Hi @podger78 if you pop over to the low carb section to view a similar thread that should help you. In fact the whole low carb section should give you valuable info and relationship between carbs and blood sugar levels....
Hope this helps

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
And just in case you have misplaced it @Kat100 here is the recipe

Stracciatella cake:

110gm softened butter; 120g cream cheese; 5 med eggs; 185g almond flour (ground almonds); sweetener equivalent to 100g. sugar (I use trivia - perfect); 1tbsp baking powder; vanilla, almond or orange essence; 50g of 75-85% chocolate - I use solid cacao..... Oven 170C....lightly grease a small loaf tin.... Mix butter and cream cheese really well; add sweetener and essence; mix in eggs really well, one at a time; stir in almond flour and BP; add chocolate bits... pour mix into tin and level the top; 55 minutes at 170C fan - 190 non-fan assisted.... apparently the cake freezes well too

I cooked mine for much less that the 55 minutes and didn't put the choc chips in... Only used almond essence so far but the others might be nice too..... oooh, just seen some rhubarb being picked on an advert... it DID look nice, real chunky garden rhubarb not the pink skinny stuff you get at the supermarket

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Made the Stracciatella cake today, used 85% chocolate but most of it sunk to the bottom. Still taste lovely.

Reactions: 3 people