Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

S

Sable_Jan

j

Thank you both! :D I had some soda bread the day before, and it hadn't really affected my levels, so I'd jumped to the conclusion the beans were the culprit... Today, I have had just beans and ham, and my +2hr reading was +1.3 rather than +6, so it probably was the combination of the bread and beans. It's interesting!

I want to try my best to have a balanced diet, I don't want to be on a "plan" so I'm hoping to find out that I can have moderate carbs rather than low carbs. We'll see how it goes!

Morning BG - 10.5
Breakfast - cuppa tea, beans, ham.
+2 hrs BG - 11.8 (much happier with this!)

Lunch - Left my salad in the fridge at home, twit.

Tea - Pasta Test..... Eek!
It's good you are testing things out. A pain in the proverbial as well as fingers but the further along the road you get the less you will need to test as you will know what its ok bs-wise to eat. Result for brekky :)

Reactions: 2 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
I agree Sable. I've found out a lot about food I eat by testing, testing....need I say more. My readings have greatly improved. Faster and better than I thought possible. Some surprises too..both good and not so good. A lot of thanks to everyone on this forum :)

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

j

Thank you both! :D I had some soda bread the day before, and it hadn't really affected my levels, so I'd jumped to the conclusion the beans were the culprit... Today, I have had just beans and ham, and my +2hr reading was +1.3 rather than +6, so it probably was the combination of the bread and beans. It's interesting!

I want to try my best to have a balanced diet, I don't want to be on a "plan" so I'm hoping to find out that I can have moderate carbs rather than low carbs. We'll see how it goes!

Morning BG - 10.5

I think the beans the Heinzed ones are doing a low or half sugar one now .. Worth having a look ....

K

Kat100

j

Morning BG - 10.5

Ooo me again ,,,, I sometimes make a little pasta salad now .. More salad than pasta ... My summer salad ...
You may already know that if you wash the cooked pasta in cold water you reduce all the starch ..etc ...
Eat cold or reheat in your choice of sauce ...
I am not really a pasta fan ,,but layered in a summer salad ... With layers of corn (cooked from frozen) grated carrot , cucumber , salad leaves , tomatoes , topped with grated cheese and a bit of Mayo ... I like ...

K

Kat100

Today
Oatmeal and almond milk , with blueberries ..

Lunch cheese and salad roll with a small pear ..

My first taste of a zero fanta ... Yes I like it ....

Tonight ... Well just cooked it .. It's spicy .. A lentil dish cooked with mooli it's like a large white radish , and I may of got the spelling wrong ... Well it's cooked with a spice mix called samba ... A nice tomato salad and a little rice ... Looking forward to it ..

Strawberries to follow ... My teaspoon of icecream ...included ...

Added .. I will be eating the same as above tomorrow ... Well I hope to ...x

S

Sable_Jan

Today
Oatmeal and almond milk , with blueberries ..

Lunch cheese and salad roll with a small pear ..

My first taste of a zero fanta ... Yes I like it ....

Tonight ... Well just cooked it .. It's spicy .. A lentil dish cooked with mooli it's like a large white radish , and I may of got the spelling wrong ... Well it's cooked with a spice mix called samba ... A nice tomato salad and a little rice ... Looking forward to it ..

Strawberries to follow ... My teaspoon of icecream ...included ...

Added .. I will be eating the same as above tomorrow ... Well I hope to ...x
Unless its so good tonight you eat it ALL ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: lots of broken Krackawheat and butter
Dinner: pkt lentil & veg bake with cheese
Tea:
Pork steak mash and peas followed by trifle...thats the plan at least. Mayb mustard mash

K

Kat100

Unless its so good tonight you eat it ALL ;)
Well jan, now you are putting ideas into my head lol really thoughtful ... Lol :D
I have just finished ... :***:

Should I start again ... Lol :happy: x

It was yummie ...
Strawberries later ... Second yummie x

K

Kat100

Breakfast: lots of broken Krackawheat and butter
Dinner: pkt lentil & veg bake with cheese
Tea:
Pork steak mash and peas followed by trifle...thats the plan at least. Mayb mustard mash
What are these krackerawheat you speak and eat of x

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to work today so B/Fast - hot oat cereal with oatbran and milled flax seed with 50/50 F/Fat milk and water
Lunch - chicken and lettuce sandwich with 2 slices of seeded bread followed by F/Fat greek yog with fresh blueberries
A/Noon snack - Choccy covered rice cake
Tea - Mushroom and cheese omelette followed by F/Fat greek yog with mixed berry puree and milled flax seed
If I get the munchies later on it will be either some Green and Black's 85% Plain Chocolate or a bag of Tesco's Popcorn at 5.6g carb per bag (can't have the sweet ones cos they're hubby's who is not here to defend them at the moment!!)

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

What are these krackerawheat you speak and eat of x
Yummy wholewheat cream crackers with a lightly salted top ...... Mmmm lovely with just butter, or add marmalade and paté might be nice, or cheese, or.....

Attachments

• 1435090824191.jpg
    1435090824191.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 290
S

Sable_Jan

Back to work today so B/Fast - hot oat cereal with oatbran and milled flax seed with 50/50 F/Fat milk and water
Lunch - chicken and lettuce sandwich with 2 slices of seeded bread followed by F/Fat greek yog with fresh blueberries
A/Noon snack - Choccy covered rice cake
Tea - Mushroom and cheese omelette followed by F/Fat greek yog with mixed berry puree and milled flax seed
If I get the munchies later on it will be either some Green and Black's 85% Plain Chocolate or a bag of Tesco's Popcorn at 5.6g carb per bag (can't have the sweet ones cos they're hubby's who is not here to defend them at the moment!!)
Tried choc rice cakes yeucky.....passed on to granddaughters.....3 bags of mini ones .....

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried choc rice cakes yeucky.....passed on to granddaughters.....3 bags of mini ones .....
Didn't know you can get mini ones! The ones I have are the big gluten free ones from Kelkin.

K

Kat100

Oatmeal almond milk and blueberries

Cheese roll

Salad ... With avocado ... Very nice ...

Later strawberries and icecream ...

Lots of water with no added sugar juice ... Lemon or fruits of the forest ... Like both ..

Reactions: 4 people

TrinMonroe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Banana and 10 almonds.(got up late).
Lunch: Chicken and papaya salad and melon.
One packet of Quinoa chips.
Dinner: Wheat and gluten free pasta with salmon, broccoli and sweetcorn and melon.
Two wheat and gluten free biscuits.

Reactions: 6 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Too much!! And wrong food!! On holiday till Saturday. Wouldn't call the food fantastic. Good job it's buffet style

Astronomer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blood glucose today is 5.1
So far today I've just had breakfast of 6 slices of toast and a mug of coffee. Not much but it's a good start to the day.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood glucose today is 5.1
So far today I've just had breakfast of 6 slices of toast and a mug of coffee. Not much but it's a good start to the day.
SIX slices of toast? Good Lord, I'd be in the high teens after that. At least.

Oh how I miss toast!

I've eaten a cheese omelette with tomatoes and onions. Too hot to eat much.