What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: same as, though finished the chia seeds coffee and not make anymore and there is no yog in the house so tomorrow has to be different.
11: black coffee,
L: same as, with left over crust less flan.... hmmmm lovely.
D: chicken and sage wrapped in Parma ham fried in OO, SK and cabbage dressed in garlic roasted in OO, one choc and glass of white wine...

'Salright, tomorra is Friday...

Reactions: 6 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I've been a lurker for a while but only now getting the hang of this low carb malarkey. So here's my food of today:
So onto what I ate today:

Breakfast: chilled chia porridge

1 Dsp Chia Seeds
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 tsp Coconut Butter
1 tsp passion fruit seeds

Lunch: Mackerel n Sprout salad

Mung bean sprout salad, with cucmber and spinach leaves and torn seaweed sheet.
3inch piece od Smoked Mackerel
1 dsp Mayonnaise (mmmm).

Dinner: Steak n Veg One-pan-wonder

Organic Sirloin steak (reducies from supermarket, don't know how organic it can be after x amount of time in plastic wrap under lights 24/7 but still)
Sautéed veg - Okra, peppers and courgette, onion, garlic.
Butter
Coconut oil
Rasul- hanou (sp?)
Chilli flakes.

If I need a snack later, I'll have a spoonful of Almond butter (no added anything) on a butter spread rice cake.

Thank you all for your contributions, been a life saver...errr literally. X

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I've been a lurker for a while but only now getting the hang of this low carb malarkey. So here's my food of today:
So onto what I ate today:

Breakfast: chilled chia porridge

1 Dsp Chia Seeds
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 tsp Coconut Butter
1 tsp passion fruit seeds

Lunch: Mackerel n Sprout salad

Mung bean sprout salad, with cucmber and spinach leaves and torn seaweed sheet.
3inch piece od Smoked Mackerel
1 dsp Mayonnaise (mmmm).

Dinner: Steak n Veg One-pan-wonder

Organic Sirloin steak (reducies from supermarket, don't know how organic it can be after x amount of time in plastic wrap under lights 24/7 but still)
Sautéed veg - Okra, peppers and courgette, onion, garlic.
Butter
Coconut oil
Rasul- hanou (sp?)
Chilli flakes.

If I need a snack later, I'll have a spoonful of Almond butter (no added anything) on a butter spread rice cake.

Thank you all for your contributions, been a life saver...errr literally. X
@Gravity-Carb welcome to our world, I hope you continue to find it useful and will share with us your world.
Have to say you've given me an idea or two already... got some mackerel in the fridge for tomorrow lunch... and I is a big Chia fan.
Hj

Reactions: 4 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hankjam,
Thanks for the welcome, this new world is tricky at times. Mood swings a plenty
Chia is great...and easy to prepare.
Smoked Mackerel has been my rock, makes the most bland salad or vegs fun.
I'm reading the low carb success stories, really inspired....

Reactions: 10 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My cholests are similarly bonkers and my GP is ready to fling statins at me... I've been pretty low carbs for sometime and not a flicker with my cholests... she reckons it's my genes and no amount changes going to change it... got till the autumn to see if it will change.... the downer is my last three statin trips trashed my kidney function... so not too thrilled with fat metabolism...
wish you luck and good fortune on your quest to solve 'em.
Hj

Sorry to hear about your cholesterol issues Hj. :( Apart from that, with no meds & super A1C you look to be in great shape!! Did you have this issue before low carb? I ask because my cholesterol was only slightly elevated & only took off with LCHF & weight loss.

My cardiologist is a LCHF convert so he has been pushing exercise rather than statins but I think he is close to breaking. I was on statins for my TIA but stopped after 2 months. First time I felt like s***te on LCHF with the muscle aches etc
Back to normal now..:)

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about your cholesterol issues Hj. :( Apart from that, with no meds & super A1C you look to be in great shape!! Did you have this issue before low carb? I ask because my cholesterol was only slightly elevated & only took off with LCHF & weight loss.

My cardiologist is a LCHF convert so he has been pushing exercise rather than statins but I think he is close to breaking. I was on statins for my TIA but stopped after 2 months. First time I felt like s***te on LCHF with the muscle aches etc
Back to normal now..:)

Yeah, I have had high to very high Chol for sometime before diagnosis and apart from the kidney function issues never been too sure if they are the reason for my toe cramps/locks, which are fair to hellish... I still get them after stopping the last round of statins... so pretty up in the air about them at the mo. Concentrating on which fats to eat mainly and will see if that will help....

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, I have had high to very high Chol for sometime before diagnosis and apart from the kidney function issues never been too sure if they are the reason for my toe cramps/locks, which are fair to hellish... I still get them after stopping the last round of statins... so pretty up in the air about them at the mo. Concentrating on which fats to eat mainly and will see if that will help....

Good luck..Hope it works out well.

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Harrogate 97% sausages & fried eggs
L: Homemade low carb bread & brussels pate, avocado in oil & garlic, strawberries, blueberries & cream
D: Baked green pepper stuffed with beef mince, tomato & cheddar, green salad with oil & balsamic dressing

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: two ducks eggs fried in butter and three rashers of bacon cooked by themselves
11: Black coffee and small slice of my boss's 50th Birthday cake.
L: usual mix plus fillet of mackerel and gerkins
D: reverse cooked H-bone, courgettes fried in OO and coleslaw, rasps and CF,
Lots of water through out the day.

Reactions: 7 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: two ducks eggs fried in butter and three rashers of bacon cooked by themselves
11: Black coffee and small slice of my boss's 50th Birthday cake.
L: usual mix plus fillet of mackerel and gerkins
D: reverse cooked H-bone, courgettes fried in OO and coleslaw, rasps and CF,
Lots of water through out the day.
How did you get your rashers of bacon to cook themselves? This sounds like a wonderful invention;)!

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: blueberry, lime & coconut chia pudding
L: baked avocado with bacon and brie; rocket, tomato & red pepper salad
D: chicken curry (made from scratch. Delicious!) cauliflower rice. Home made strawberry & clotted cream ice cream with v low carb 'chocolate brownie'. The ice cream really was lovely and the first one I have made in my new ice cream maker. I feel lots of experimentation coming on. Hopefully the weather will improve to make it worth while!

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
B: a Chia/avocado/koko milk/date/coconut bliss/contents of 2 flax capsules, breakfast pudding thing I made up. Not sure it really worked, but ate it anyway.
L: 1/2 a pack of coconut chunks walking around tesco's. Then 1/2 a mini bagel with a hunk of cheddar. Then a chicken thigh. (I left it too long to source food, as chatting to much... Started to get the shakes so food choices were weird even for me)
Snacks: Rasberries and a pack of those gorgeous fresh Nocellara olives.
D: Lamb chop with chilli n salt served with a massive salad mix of leaves, 2 tiny toms, sweet pepper slices with olive oil n cider vinegar dressing. 2 glasses of red wine.

Trying to drink a decent amount of water... I forget!

Reactions: 8 people

prepareathome

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just starting out on my low carb adventure - today first day properly as only diagnosed on Tuesday.

So far for breakfast I had smoked salmon and cream cheese - didn't fancy anything fried, usually don't eat till about 1-2pm and even breakfast was around 10am after being up hours. So think I will have liver pate ( homemade ) on lettuce ( using as if bread) for lunch with some salad. Just downloaded the recipe app so hopefully will expand what I think I can eat xxxx

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Almond butter on low carb toast
L: Eggs & asparagus fried in butter, blueberries, strawberries & cream
D: Avocado baked with beef mince, tomato & cheddar, huge salad with olive oil & balsamic, cream cheese clouds, rhubarb & cream drizzled with melted 99% chocolate

No snacks, just black coffee or water in between.

prepareathome

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow just reading this thread is teaching me more than any books or apps - to see what people really are eating is fantastic, still floundering around

Reactions: 7 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coconut pancakes, egg, bacon, mushrooms, spinach

L: artichoke with hummus; watermelon (200g - did not spike me!)

D: steak, roast kabocha squash, green salad

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: errr.... forgot to have any.....
L: (out) Tom soup (proper), haddock/breadcrumbs and salad, onion, cheese bacon flan (small amount of pastry) 5.6 2 hrs after
Pre: 4.7
D: meat balls, pork and beef with fennel seeds and Parmesan and spag 200g cooked = 60g uncooked, precooked, cooled and warmed for serving, rasps and creme fraiche, glass of red wine. Have spag about once every 2 months, it's the one carb I have as is.... and seems okay.
2 hrs after: 5.6
30 min workout with BodyBlade.... arrghhhh......

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scram eggs, bacon, coffee with cream
S: 7 homegrown strawberries. Gorgeous. But should have had with cream, because half an hour later...
S: a high carb cinnamon and raisin bagel :banghead: With masses of butter :wacky: Followed by some violent gardening and several trips up the stairs. Not my finest hour, but boy was it delicious.
D: chicken liver, orange pepper and courgette with 2 onion bhajis

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: errr.... forgot to have any.....
L: (out) Tom soup (proper), haddock/breadcrumbs and salad, onion, cheese bacon flan (small amount of pastry) 5.6 2 hrs after
Pre: 4.7
D: meat balls, pork and beef with fennel seeds and Parmesan and spag 200g cooked = 60g uncooked, precooked, cooled and warmed for serving, rasps and creme fraiche, glass of red wine. Have spag about once every 2 months, it's the one carb I have as is.... and seems okay.
2 hrs after: 5.6
30 min workout with BodyBlade.... arrghhhh......

Do you or have you continued testing beyond the 2 hour point? For me pasta is a long, slow, creep upwards to a not tooo shabby place, but then it lingers there for ages.

It must be almost a year since I tried it, so maybe I need to have another go, but I don't miss it one bit, so probably won't bother.