What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thank you. :) I will try the muffins. I'm finding bread difficult again. I bought a Sukrin loaf mix and made it but it was tiny and I wasn't keen so I am on the search again. I just find bread so handy. I think I miss that more than the taste lol :)

Don't you like the One Minute Microwave Muffins? I put loads of seeds in mine and often I add spices... lovely.... They take a couple of minutes to make, literally....

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't tried the muffins but today I made my first ugg foods chia seed bread mix loaf. I rather like it but although the proportion of flax seed is small I can still occasionally taste it. I did think it was very bread like and I enjoyed my first two slices:)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Breakfast - Special K
Lunch - Bacon, Chorizo and cheese omelette
Dinner - water ! - had an upset tum so thought it better to avoid food for the evening :>(

Still getting used to managing my Type 2, so am happy when my levels are below 10 (that's what the nurse said to aim for !),,,, Did OK until the evening when it was strangely just over 11 ? !
Are you low-carbing R? Surely cereal is not a good thing to eat? :)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Don't you like the One Minute Microwave Muffins? I put loads of seeds in mine and often I add spices... lovely.... They take a couple of minutes to make, literally....
One minute muffins? Have you got a link to that, please?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
There are so many sites with them on but I have evolved one that suits me: 1 tbsp ground almonds; 1 tbsp coconut 'flour'; 1 tbsp ground chia seeds; 1 tbsp ground flax; 1 large egg; 1 tbsp melted butter and 1 of coconut oil; 1/4 tsp baking powder; I then add some seeds, and a little warm water if you think the mix is too stiff... mix it all really well and pop into a container which suits you - square tupperware, or round bowl etc. - cook in the microwave for 1 minute, check to make sure it's not soggy in the middle - carefully, it'll be hot... if it's a bit soft still give it another 15 seconds at a time till you think it's done.... I hope this helps, but if you look at any of the low-carb sites they will have the muffins... djfoodie.com is a good one, he makes a nice Swedish Bun... there really are so many... good luck... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are so many sites with them on but I have evolved one that suits me: 1 tbsp ground almonds; 1 tbsp coconut 'flour'; 1 tbsp ground chia seeds; 1 tbsp ground flax; 1 large egg; 1 tbsp melted butter and 1 of coconut oil; 1/4 tsp baking powder; I then add some seeds, and a little warm water if you think the mix is too stiff... mix it all really well and pop into a container which suits you - square tupperware, or round bowl etc. - cook in the microwave for 1 minute, check to make sure it's not soggy in the middle - carefully, it'll be hot... if it's a bit soft still give it another 15 seconds at a time till you think it's done.... I hope this helps, but if you look at any of the low-carb sites they will have the muffins... djfoodie.com is a good one, he makes a nice Swedish Bun... there really are so many... good luck... :)
This is where refusing to have a microwave is a disadvantage!

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. One of my regular "go to" low carb food choices is Morrisons individual Crustless Quiche, which are made in their in-store bakery. Filling & tasty...I've even eaten it for breakfast. Delicious hot or cold. And handy to shove into your bag when you have to eat on the run. Details below. An option for when you need something quick & can't be bothered to cook. :hungry:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
Got the last 2 jars of the whole Earth peanut butter with seeds...was willing to fight for them.
hope you enjoy them,i really like peanutbutter,but not gonna help keep weight down,, too morish

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - 2 x bacon with melted cheese
L - Chicken, spinach, cashews, avocado
S - 75g bag of pork scratchings that my daughter gave me
D - crispy kale. Was going to be a salmon fillet but a) - it'd gone off and b) I was full of pork scratchings

Also got some phyllium husk today for some extra fibre.

Reactions: 11 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled egg & smoked salmon
L: Ugg bread with goats cheese & red pepper
D: chicken breast stuffed with Boursin and wrapped in bacon, a few sweet potato chips, sautéed courgettes (courgettes in garden are developing quickly! Discovered an enormous one today hiding under the leaves so have made into crisps to take camping tomorrow. Good low carb snack!) Peanut butter and greek yoghurt ice cream.

Everyone ready for Bake Off tonight? Think they should be challenged to bake low carb cakes - see how that floats Mary's boat!!

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled egg & smoked salmon
L: Ugg bread with goats cheese & red pepper
D: chicken breast stuffed with Boursin and wrapped in bacon, a few sweet potato chips, sautéed courgettes (courgettes in garden are developing quickly! Discovered an enormous one today hiding under the leaves so have made into crisps to take camping tomorrow. Good low carb snack!) Peanut butter and greek yoghurt ice cream.

Everyone ready for Bake Off tonight? Think they should be challenged to bake low carb cakes - see how that floats Mary's boat!!
Did and yes, that sounds like a plan....

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: as before
L: as before, good walk after, first in a while
D: crustless chorizo, leaks and red onions with cheese topping, slaw and salad, white wine one..... and way too many rasps... both Mrs Hj and I bought two punnets each... and need to be eaten....

off to do some exercises..... as it is raining.....

Reactions: 5 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - streaky bacon, mushrooms and 2 fried eggs
L - tuna and feta cheese salad, with some blueberry Greek yogurt and almond bark
D - ate out at Loch Fyne, so mushroom and goats cheese starter, gave the toast to hubby, with a hake fillet with spring greens and mushy peas

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody:)

B. Raspberries and cream

S. Slice of ugg bread as just out of the oven and I wanted to taste

L. 2 slices of chia seed bread with a slice of ham

D. Salmon salad

S. Two thin slices of the chia seed bread with chilli cheddar :)

Great British bake off caused the supper! Lol

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG: 5.9
B: Coffee with lactofree. 70% Chocolate square. Yogurt, berries, chia seeds, flax, pecans
L: Broccoli, spinach and courgette soup with yogurt. Gammon steak.
S: Prunes, pecans, cheese
S: Yogurt, berries, chia seeds, flax, pecans
S: Crispy seaweed sheets, sausage with cream cheese
D: Gammon, avocado, lettuce, sweet potato and feta cheese. 70% Choc square
Last BG: 5.5

Yes, I am well aware that this is not looking right... but I have been feeling down, anxious and terribly hungry and I'm trying to stick to it as much as I can and at least trying to indulge in certain type of things rather than washing down a pizza. I think I need some extra carbs from my normal low for a few days until I feel better.

Reactions: 11 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
hope you enjoy them,i really likr them,but not gonna help keeping weight down, too morish

had a spoonful, likey the texture - not too smooth....

Better keep on topic otherwise the thread will be shut down!!

B: chia seeds and some Aldi linseed & goji berry sprinkle with Lactofree Cream, water and a goodly sprinkle of desiccated coconut. 1 cube of fresh Mango...mmmm
Coffee n cream

L: not hungry. But had some nuts with another coffee n cream. (This low caffeine thing doesn't seem to be happening)

Pre dinner snack: 1 tsp of whole earth peanut butter with seeds. (Purely for taste testing...)

D: 1/2 Sea bream battered with Gram flour and spices, then fried. A handful of baked Celeriac chips. Huge salad with cucumber spaghetti, Chinese cabbage, cherry toms and a mixture of anti-pasti from the deli counter.

First time having Celeriac (reducies in tesco's, 12p each!) BG +0.7 at 2hr and -0.2 at 3hrs!! Gonna try mash with the ugly veg, tomorrow me thinks.

Reactions: 4 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought they'd announced in the States that they cannot find a link between 'cholesterol' and heart disease? Why would your guy be moaning at you then? What are your trigs? Mine have gone to 0.35!! Can you imagine? :) They say your readings go nuts for the first 6 months or so though...
wow!! that's fantastic!! well done. honestly, my trigs fluctuate between 0.7 and 1.7 which isn't too bad.
my total cholesterol is around 8.5-10 with LDL between 6.5-8. It has been elevated for many, many months. although i'd like to think it's just part of the body healing itself, my cardiologist is worried given my off the charts CRP levels (50 at one point), that this represents inordinately high risk levels when combined. that's why he advocates the exercise :)