What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
had a spoonful, likey the texture - not too smooth....

Better keep on topic otherwise the thread will be shut down!!

B: chia seeds and some Aldi linseed & goji berry sprinkle with Lactofree Cream, water and a goodly sprinkle of desiccated coconut. 1 cube of fresh Mango...mmmm
Coffee n cream

L: not hungry. But had some nuts with another coffee n cream. (This low caffeine thing doesn't seem to be happening)

Pre dinner snack: 1 tsp of whole earth peanut butter with seeds. (Purely for taste testing...)

D: 1/2 Sea bream battered with Gram flour and spices, then fried. A handful of baked Celeriac chips. Huge salad with cucumber spaghetti, Chinese cabbage, cherry toms and a mixture of anti-pasti from the deli counter.

First time having Celeriac (reducies in tesco's, 12p each!) BG +0.7 at 2hr and -0.2 at 3hrs!! Gonna try mash with the ugly veg, tomorrow me thinks.

Celeriac is lovely stuff, use it as a base for a rosti!

Hj

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
wow!! that's fantastic!! well done. honestly, my trigs fluctuate between 0.7 and 1.7 which isn't too bad.
my total cholesterol is around 8.5-10 with LDL between 6.5-8. It has been elevated for many, many months. although i'd like to think it's just part of the body healing itself, my cardiologist is worried given my off the charts CRP levels (50 at one point), that this represents inordinately high risk levels when combined. that's why he advocates the exercise :)

My last two totals have been +8.... and the breakdowns are not good, though not complete either, one is missing, can't remember which one... and probably why I have not gone completely bonkers on fat - red meat... time might tell.

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My last two totals have been +8.... and the breakdowns are not good, though not complete either, one is missing, can't remember which one... and probably why I have not gone completely bonkers on fat - red meat... time might tell.
the literature is still conflicting & causes stress if looked at in detail..to be honest, i am at the point where i turn a blind eye,hope for the best, start exercising & redo my tests a couple of months after that & see how it goes.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
@GeoffersTaylor
and how do you take yours, coz when I take the capsule form, two, I'm really not sure how effective they are with me..... :rolleyes:
I bought a kilo of powdered husks. Half a pint of water, 1 teaspoon of the husks stirred into it and then straight down my neck without delay. Then another half pint of water.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a kilo of powdered husks. Half a pint of water, 1 teaspoon of the husks stirred into it and then straight down my neck without delay. Then another half pint of water.

That's how i do it too.

If you add it to coffee or a lc hot choc, or even a smoothie, you get something the consistency of a macdonalds milkshake.

I probably only use it once every couple of weeks, but think it is VERY useful to have around!

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody.
B. Raspberries and cream

L. 2 slices of ugg foods chia seed bread with butter and cheese.

S. I was buttering some earl grey tea loaf for my partner when I gave in to the urge to have a slice!

D. Vegetable curry with small amount of rice.

Not my best day for lchf! Oh dear.

Reactions: 8 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done!! Brilliant... such good news... you must be proud of yourself... Maybe you will stabilise without doing anything? Are you on meds? Maybe you need to make a few almond cakes too!! :)
Thanks. Have managed to stay the same weight for the last 2 weeks and am 4lbs below my target, which is not such a bad thing. Had to come off Glimepiride after 9/10 days on LCHF as I was going too low. Determined not to have go back! Fairly stable now though still struggling to keep levels down when I dog walk or garden in the mornings. Experimenting with different snacks during those times. Still love my almond cakes, and thank goodness for fat bombs!

Reactions: 9 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG: 5.9

All I can say today about my food is that my BG spiked to the 9's... feeling disappointed at myself, upset, and very unmotivated... yes my numbers come back to 5's after 2 hours... but I need to lose weight and at this pace it won't happen... :(

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 4 slices bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice almond bread, 1 tsp almond butter
S: Olives on the dog walk
L: Cream of kale soup, soft goat’s cheese rolled up in ham, a couple of cherry tomatoes
D: Avocado & smoked salmon salad with 60g new potatoes, almond cake & cream

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@mehhh2015 . Sorry to hear you are not having a good day. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. :) That's what I'm telling myself. :)

Reactions: 12 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Sausages, fried egg, tomato & mushrooms.
Picnic lunch in the sun: Cheddar cheese, lettuce, cucumber, radishes, pickled onions.
Snack: Carrot sticks, avocado.
D: Cottage cheese, cauliflower, gherkins. Greek yoghurt

Now, can I stop myself nibbling too many nuts later on?

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
B.lidl protein roll 1/2,ham 30g = carbs 5.1, cals 164
L.whitefish[CORNMEAL10g] 100g,califlour 80g,carrots 100g,swede 100g = carbs 16.5, cals 165
S.lidl protein roll, ham 30g,cheese 20g = carbs 10g,cals 363
total carbs 31.6, cals 692

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: last of the batch of chia, so tomorrow.... just rasps and nuts...
L: fried an aubergine last night, so celery, olives, garlic in OO, half an avocado, medium aubergine fried, sauerkraut and a good splash of Tabasco..... hmmm
D: out for a curry so lots of grilled meats and some naan.... then a stroll round St Andrews, which is setting up for the Fair.... lovely evening in these parts.
Pre: 4.5

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Celeriac is lovely stuff, use it as a base for a rosti!

Hj

That sounds very interesting.

I haven't tried it in that format yet. Does it hold together, as the starch in potato is what holds the standard version together when fried, as I understand it?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds very interesting.

I haven't tried it in that format yet. Does it hold together, as the starch in potato is what holds the standard version together when fried, as I understand it?
It's not as sticky as potato that's for sure but as an alternative I like it, stop before it burns though...... I grate and cook with OO and some butter and keep it moving, bit of salt later on.