Type 2 Life

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this am
Bit of a daft day yesterday (wedding anniversary)
am 5.1
Bacon and scrambled egg followed by walk in soggy rain

Intended going to museum but took shelter in National Gallery - 6.8
Trudged down to Westminster Bridge for a tour round parliament (very good tour).

5.7 for afternoon tea in palace of westminster. I had informed them of no carbs. They did their best with no gluton bless them.
What the heck - 7.8

Evening perfomance of Much Ado About Nothing at the globe
5.4 - half a pind of prawns with mayo and lemon and 2 glasses of red. Stole 4 wine gums and 2 crisps from the missus.

Walk back to hotel - 5.7

Covered 8.5 miles.

Using public transport today to go over to Olympic Village at Stratford

Have a great day wherever you are

Reactions: 10 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
7.1 this am
Bit of a daft day yesterday (wedding anniversary)
am 5.1
Bacon and scrambled egg followed by walk in soggy rain

Intended going to museum but took shelter in National Gallery - 6.8
Trudged down to Westminster Bridge for a tour round parliament (very good tour).

5.7 for afternoon tea in palace of westminster. I had informed them of no carbs. They did their best with no gluton bless them.
What the heck - 7.8

Evening perfomance of Much Ado About Nothing at the globe
5.4 - half a pind of prawns with mayo and lemon and 2 glasses of red. Stole 4 wine gums and 2 crisps from the missus.

Walk back to hotel - 5.7

Covered 8.5 miles.

Using public transport today to go over to Olympic Village at Stratford

Have a great day wherever you are
Happy anniversary you sound as if having a great time in London.

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yuk, wet and nasty, wish I was still on holiday. 5.9 this morning after a very low carb day yesterday. Just as low today according to my plans (of course the best laid plans...,.,)

Reactions: 13 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Turn that tap off :stop: rain. At least no floods here. 5.9 this morning, after a couple of days of retail therapy walking round the shops weight lifting bags.... back to normal on the treadmill.

Reactions: 12 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
"Yuk, wet and nasty, wish I was still on holiday. 5.9 this morning" after a rather bad day yesterday, way too much time at the bar, airport food and 02.00 hrs arrival back home.

Otherwise, I couldn't put it better than britishpub did, so i just knicked it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.0 this morning, happy with the reading but feeling a bit 'meh' overall. Think this is because we've passed the halfway point of the summer holidays and the return to work is approaching :meh:

Reactions: 11 people

deedee

7.8 for me this morning, it is slowly coming down but is always the highest reading of the day (unless I eat something ridiculous).

Reactions: 9 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 this am - dragged a friend out of his fancy office in dockland and went to The Lotus Chinese Floating Restaurant for dim sum.
Bad idea!

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 nuff said. Had better control when I was at work...can't believe I said that

Reactions: 13 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. 4.9 again last night, I will not try to explain as I have no idea why ?

Reactions: 17 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this am after some slightly high readings yesterday evening. Went to Harvester for dinner and stuck with mainly low carb choices but it's the sauces and sticky salad dressings that get me. Worst reading was 8.9 at one hour, which isn't too scary - must keep things in perspective. Wonder what it used to go up to when I had an ice cream sundae or choc fudge cake for pud :oops:

Reactions: 19 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning and I lost another 4lb in weight this week. I'm going to treat myself to my favourite brand of chocolate, Godiva a box of 36 individually wrapped pieces of 72% dark chocolate, to carry a piece around just takes the edge off of when you see something you really want but can't have in the likes of tea/ coffee shop etc.

Reactions: 17 people