Type 2 Life

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
5.2 am
third HbAc1 test this morning.... so fingers are crossed.... been eating a lot of soft fruit... so am wondering...
Good day chums
Hj

Alright, alright...X2 makes your FBG a 10.4!! ;)
Good luck with the A1c today. X

Reactions: 6 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

Slightly more encouraging 5.4 this morning.

But it's still dull, dreary and miserable...

Reactions: 15 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a 4.6 this am, after skipping dinner as I couldn't be bothered to make anything.... been vigilant with my fat over the last week, if not careful it drops down....

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.3 low this morning spoke to DN yesterday and uped insulatard by 2 units last night but could be too much so will only up by1 tonight and try to up this morning s by 1

Reactions: 12 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning which was a surprise after not getting home until after 1AM and getting a few emails to deal with before I actually got up.

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Happy Wednesday everyone. Not feeling too good today I'm afraid. Banging headache & nausea. Lovely!! :( Going to take it easy, and definitely have a lie down. BG this morning was 5.0 fasting. Whilst I'm here...Does anyone know of a good treatment shampoo for a sore scalp that has several broken areas. Just small ones, but not pleasant. And I have a tendency to pick. I've tried Neem oil shampoo, Nizoral, Polytar, Tea tree shampoo/oil, T-gel, and more. Nothing works! Had problems with it since diagnosis. The hair itself is healthy & shiny, but not as thick as it once was. No thyroid problems. And I Can track the problem back to January, leading up to my diagnosis of Type 2. I'm sure it is diabetes related. If anyone can offer some advice, I'd be most grateful. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Wednesday everyone. Not feeling too good today I'm afraid. Banging headache & nausea. Lovely!! :( Going to take it easy, and definitely have a lie down. BG this morning was 5.0 fasting. Whilst I'm here...Does anyone know of a good treatment shampoo for a sore scalp that has several broken areas. Just small ones, but not pleasant. And I have a tendency to pick. I've tried Neem oil shampoo, Nizoral, Polytar, Tea tree shampoo/oil, T-gel, and more. Nothing works! Had problems with it since diagnosis. The hair itself is healthy & shiny, but not as thick as it once was. No thyroid problems. And I Can track the problem back to January, leading up to my diagnosis of Type 2. I'm sure it is diabetes related. If anyone can offer some advice, I'd be most grateful. X

View attachment 15751
Have you tried E45 shampoo and conditioner or simple shampoo and conditioner. Dr Organics from Holland and Barrets is good but expensive. I find the simple soap range works best for me :)

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning folks. Happy to see another kilogram gone this week. That's a grand total of 36.1kg & a year since I gave up the cigarettes. Got to admit though...I still get the craving for one, even after a year. I wonder if that will ever go away. :meh: BG 4.9 fasting today. Off shopping this morning with my lovely, but completely dotty (in a nice way,) 83 year old Ma. Daren't let Dad come too. One badly behaved OAP is quite enough thank you very much. ;) Have a great day everyone. Good health. To those on the September fat-fast, good luck. :happy:

View attachment 15715
Wow that's amazing aj.

We are talking about 'that' stuff not your black market stash of tabacco right? Never know with you Geordies.

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wow that's amazing aj.

We are talking about 'that' stuff not your black market stash of tabacco right? Never know with you Geordies.

Cheeky chops!! I've never bought "that" stuff since my Hamster ate some accidentally, and ended up doing somersaults from the top of his running wheel. He was "Gansta Tripping." ;) Oh dear...not pretty. :rolleyes:

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.3 this morning and the trend seems better.

Good job as I have been rather more ruthless with the carbs this week. No work available to me until next Wednesday, so, on the plus side, I am much more in control of my lunches.

Also been working n my garden, re-doing my pond, so I guess I have been getting a bit more exercise too.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheeky chops!! I've never bought "that" stuff since my Hamster ate some accidentally, and ended up doing somersaults from the top of his running wheel. He was "Gansta Tripping." ;) Oh dear...not pretty. :rolleyes:
Might be able to get it on the nhs at some stage in the future.

Who'd have thought.

Reactions: 5 people

Merrylizard1314

This morning 4.0mmol/L Ketones 2.6
This evening, and possibly well into the night, there will be conspicuous consumption of really good tasting food, a cake fest with coulis, fruit, cream ( possibly sweetened,)and a cheeseboard laden with many varieties of cheeses from all around the world. That is what it was like last year, and I expect it will be the same this evening. Luckily there will be many people present, some of them athletes who are known to have "weird" food requirements, so I will stay close to them. They do eat a lot of protein, however, and as half of it converts roughly to glucose, I am not expecting my ketosis to hold up under the strain. And then, there is the cake.....

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 am
played 5 a side last night and my legs feel like aliens.....

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This morning 4.0mmol/L Ketones 2.6
This evening, and possibly well into the night, there will be conspicuous consumption of really good tasting food, a cake fest with coulis, fruit, cream ( possibly sweetened,)and a cheeseboard laden with many varieties of cheeses from all around the world. That is what it was like last year, and I expect it will be the same this evening. Luckily there will be many people present, some of them athletes who are known to have "weird" food requirements, so I will stay close to them. They do eat a lot of protein, however, and as half of it converts roughly to glucose, I am not expecting my ketosis to hold up under the strain. And then, there is the cake.....

Sounds like great fun. Though I suspect you may feel a tad knackered following. Sooo worth it I'm sure. :) All things cheesey go down well for me too. Yum. :hungry:

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have you tried E45 shampoo and conditioner or simple shampoo and conditioner. Dr Organics from Holland and Barrets is good but expensive. I find the simple soap range works best for me :)

Thanks for the tips loulou. I didn't even know E45 did a shampoo. I'll look into that. X

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello folks. Was so tired last night that I went to bed early & slept right through until I woke at 05.30 this morning. Did my BG & got a 5.1 reading. I realised that my liver was dumping glucose as I was testing. I don't know if other people experience the same sensation, but my body reacts with a pounding heart & feeling "weak knee'd" following a liver dump. It's not a very pleasant feeling but the physical manifestation quickly subsides, for me anyway. I rechecked my BG 30 minutes later, & wasn't surprised to see that it had risen to 6.0, even though I'd done nothing but visit the bathroom & return to bed. Usually, I don't sleep so long, but I hadn't been feeling well & needed the early night. That meant I'd gone much longer than I would normally go without food/fluids. Hence the DP. Lesson learnt. Guess it happens...but I don't have to like it!! :mad::arghh: Especially as I still feel ****! I'm just a wee delicate flower. :happy:;) Have a great day folks. Sorry for the rambling rant. :oops: X

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning folks

Slightly higher 5.7 for me today, but the average is still falling, so I guess I can live with that.

Of my last 213 readings, nearly 83% have been 5 point something, and 12% 6 point something. Only 3 (1%) have been over 7, but only 13% have been below 5.

i hope that counts as controlled, as I got a letter from the GPs surgery yesterday telling me its annual review time.....

Reactions: 7 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning folks

Slightly higher 5.7 for me today, but the average is still falling, so I guess I can live with that.

Of my last 213 readings, nearly 83% have been 5 point something, and 12% 6 point something. Only 3 (1%) have been over 7, but only 13% have been below 5.

i hope that counts as controlled, as I got a letter from the GPs surgery yesterday telling me its annual review time.....

Those are great BG results @Tim55. Interesting to read them percentage wise. I'd be chuffed to bits with those numbers. Good luck with the annual review. I'm sure you'll be applauded by your HCP's. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people