finger prickin?

neededthat

what is wrong with a little humour? how many people knew what HE is? im sure MOST people do have a sense of humour and a litle light relief is a good thing even if your newly diagnosed. i for one diagonosed not all that long ago still see the funny side of things. it would be a sad old world without alittle laugh, smile, giggle, every now and again. :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Humour is such a joy! Releases all those endorphins too! :lol:

See you've been playing on the word games too! :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Synonym.
You caught us out. After an early rush it turned into a quiet night......idle hands and all that...... :lol:

Ken

Muffmitz

Cugila - I was trying to help those folk who have difficulty obtaining blood from their fingers, You will find that the hypothenar eminence gives the same results and bloods are much easier to do.

Your smart alec comments about my messages are not very useful but probably allow you to inflate your ego! You may have fingers like sausages but many people are not so fortunate.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Please, feel free to leave the forum if you wish. You are under no obligation to stay.
We do ,on occasion, have a sense of humour on this forum, they say laughter is the best medicine.
As for retards, we do not take kindly on this board to flaming of any members, it shows a thorough lack of education in my opinion to do so.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Muffmitz said:
Cugila - Kindly remove my name from this Web site. You will find that most Web sites attract retards and they then destroy the site. I thought this site would be very useful for all diabetic folk but it seems I was wrong. You are some kind of moderator and you don't seem to be doing a very good job whilst inflating your own ego!

Retards.......ego........Thank you so much for your kind words. The sort of thing expected from Trolls. Humour is a wonderful thing.......you should get out more.

Feel free to go where you wish. I shall not be losing any sleep ! If that is all you have to say here then perhaps you would be better off somewhere else.

Muffmitz

Sugarless Sue - I did repost my message and I say again that smart alec comments on a site like this don't help. Many people are very confused about their diabetes and they need help not smart alecs like Cugila. Taking accurate bloods is a very important thing to be able to do and GP surgeries seem quite unable to help people but this site could and when I try to help I am not impressed by smart alec comments.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Yes, many on here are confused. Using terms like ' hypothenar eminence ' also confuses people who are not conversant with anatomy. Cugila is not a smart alec but a very knowledgable diabetic who posts to help members not to further confuse them with obscure medical terms.

If you bothered to use the 'search' facility on the forum you would find many helpful posts on the subject both of finger testing and AST most, I may add, made by Cugila.

Muffmitz

Cugila - you are the one who should get out more. I don't spend all my day on this Web site as you seem to do. My wife is a Medical Consultant and I am a Clinical Psychologist and we could offer diabetes sufferers some real help and advice and we could do without smart alec comments from folk like yourself.

Diabetes is now becoming a plague and sufferers are not getting a fair deal and this site could do something to make that deal better. Diabetics need both medical help and help with their problems of adjustment to diabetes. Diabetes can be held in check and some fairly simple changes to life style do work but diabetics don't find it easy to make those changes and that is where psychology comes in. I don't expect you to understand.

Muffmitz

Sugarless Sue - Cor Blimey! In my original message about finger pricks I did say precisely where the hypothenar eminence is!

Read the messages from Cugila aimed at my input and I think you will find that she is a smart alec.

Enough said. I will bow out of this discussion.

Pinnig

At risk of inflaming this debate further what I don't understand is a clinicial psychologist would have reacted to some humourous postings by referring to those participating as retards? I'd suggest if you lack a basic understanding of appropiate language then do not post here again.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Pinnig said:
At risk of inflaming this debate further what I don't understand is a clinicial psychologist would have reacted to some humourous postings by referring to those participating as retards? I'd suggest if you lack a basic understanding of appropiate language then do not post here again.

Elevated applause for Pinning...I could not have put it better myself.

If that is a sample of a clinical psychologist's behaviour, then it is little wonder that 'care in the community' has produced such fantastic results... :wink: :lol:

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
Read the messages from Cugila aimed at my input and I think you will find that she is a smart alec.

maybe you should also learn the difference in human anatomy, because last I knew Ken was a male.

Ken is there something you wish to share with us all mate :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Muffmitz.
Firstly I see you have edited your post with the comment about me being a retard and my ego. Quite right too. I was not impressed.

You mistake knowledge, helpfulness and giving out information to others for 'smart alec' comments.
How does that work then.....do tell ?

I am sorry, where I come from we speak plainly, we don't try and impress with tech speak, it was apparent that some members had no idea what on earth you were talking about. Hence the tongue in cheek reference to the subject. This Forum is a serious place at times, however there are many members who we can have a laugh and a joke with too, obviously you are not one of them.

As for helping and informing fellow Diabetic's that is what I endeavor to do every single day, throughout the year. So your comments to me after being around for just a short time are both
unhelpful and crass.

AST is NOT as accurate a system hence why before using such a sytem you should always consult your HCP.

As for my fingers, they are quite slim, always was known as having Pianist fingers. I suggest you check out Anatomy before trying to confuse everybody here. The little finger always lies to the side of the HE. See Gray's for diagrams and pictures of cadaver hands if you need proof.

I give up, what is it with Sundays and Trolls. :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Muffmitz said:
Cugila - you are the one who should get out more. I don't spend all my day on this Web site as you seem to do. My wife is a Medical Consultant and I am a Clinical Psychologist and we could offer diabetes sufferers some real help and advice and we could do without smart alec comments from folk like yourself.

Diabetes is now becoming a plague and sufferers are not getting a fair deal and this site could do something to make that deal better. Diabetics need both medical help and help with their problems of adjustment to diabetes. Diabetes can be held in check and some fairly simple changes to life style do work but diabetics don't find it easy to make those changes and that is where psychology comes in. I don't expect you to understand.

Muffmitz,

Can't argue about the last sentence regarding psychology playing a part in helping people come to terms or adapt to life with diabetes. :)

However, I am surprised that someone as highly qualified in such a discipline would take exception to a bit of light-hearted banter on the forum. As serious as diabetes is, it is sometimes better also to see the funny side of things and share a laugh or two............relieves the inner frustrations you see! :twisted:

Nigel

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I have read all the messages! I see humour there not smart alecism ! However we all have different senses of humour I suppose.
As for the HE could you not simply have described exactly where without using a medical term which even I was not familiar with ?
Our aim on this forum is self empowerment to newly diagnosed diabetics to help them learn and take control of their diabetes, to this end we aim to give out as accurate information as possible. AST is not the most accurate method of testing by any means and newly diagnosed should use finger testing until they become more experienced and can then decide whether they can use AST after discussion with their HCP.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Muffmitz said:

Just saw this after my previous post.......remarkable !

A Clinical Psychologist.........I have relative who is one in Cardiff. Now he is someone who wouldn't dream of calling anybody a 'retard.' What a disgraceful comment to make from a so called Professional. Maybe it was YOUR ego that was bruised........somebody questioning what you said ?
Perhaps you expect everybody to bow to your superior knowledge......not this one sunshine !

I don't spend all my time here as you suggest, even if I did what business is it of yours and what difference does it make ?

As for your final comments about understanding and your little lecture to those of us who are here and do the help and support all the time rather than come in and get all 'hissy' because of something which was explained fully, in layman's terms and without trying to impress anybody. Like I said before.....Sunday and Trolls seem to go together just lately.

I think you need to see one of your colleagues....you obviously have issues that need to be addressed.

Have a nice day.

Muffmitz

Sugarless Sue - I shall 'unbow' for one last message. Both yourself and Cugilla seem to have adopted a proprietorial role to this site and I suspect Cugilla felt threatened when I used the term 'hypothenar'! His(!) response was smart alec even thought I described precisely the position of the hypothenar eminence! If he had said 'and for those of you still not sure where the hypothenar is etc etc' but he didn't do that and the smart alec response doubtless made him feel better.

I wish both of you well - and I will just ignore the insults.

Muffmitz

Cugila - well said. You will feel better now. People threatened by psychology are usually the ones who need it most but my thanks for your advice. End!!!!!!!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Muffmitz said:
Sugarless Sue - I shall 'unbow' for one last message. Both yourself and Cugilla seem to have adopted a proprietorial role to this site and I suspect Cugilla felt threatened when I used the term 'hypothenar'! His(!) response was smart alec even thought I described precisely the position of the hypothenar eminence! If he had said 'and for those of you still not sure where the hypothenar is etc etc' but he didn't do that and the smart alec response doubtless made him feel better.

I wish both of you well - and I will just ignore the insults.

OK, Mr Clinical Psychologist......maybe ??? We have had enough of you. You are now going to get your wish to be removed from this Forum. I am banning you forthwith.

You have done nothing but bicker the whole time, just over an hour and we have wasted more than enough time over you. I am sure that you will find another Forum more suited to your humour and experience.

cugila