Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.7 this morning. And I was good yesterday with very little carbs (few low carb biscuits with my cheese) - not sure I'll ever understand my FBG :) but I did swim for 30 minutes so that is good!
Your liver and muscles hold glucose from carbs and protein. Looks like your liver ... is detoxing? It can take weeks to use up your stores hun. Keep at it and the maths will work out. :)

Reactions: Freema

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your liver and muscles hold glucose from carbs and protein. Looks like your liver ... is detoxing? It can take weeks to use up your stores hun. Keep at it and the maths will work out. :)

Thanks for the helpful advice @ickihun as we both know I'm not always the most patient diabetic - I want results NOW! LOL :) I'll just keep on the good path, keep my carbs low and hopefully in a week or so I can return to the 5s club on a regular basis!

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may have cold coming. Your anti-bodies working harder and hormones kicking in to support your immune system. Hormones interfer with bgs. Maybe check for a temperature? It will confirm it.

Don't feel ill and temp is ok, I'm wondering if it's the meal I had last night, Diet Doctor's Pesto and Chicken Casserole, that's the only thing I can think of. Unless it's the 1st day back in work blues :blackeye:

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising 5.2 this morning. Cut down on rice and increasing vegetables must have improved my fbs, but then who knows. We can never fully understand this disease. It can be very frustrating sometimes.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't agree more. It always seems to have a surprise in store!

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning

I think the variations are due to the stent I had grafted a few months ago for my AAA my BP is also different on each side now but am unsure if that is the cause or not.
Thanks for the explanation its a help to me. Impressed with your last reading