Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoop de doo!!
239lb this morning
down 9lb in just over 3 weeks diagnosed 15th November.
Also, it seems to be fat rather than lean mass, according to the clever weighing scale.

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoop de doo!!
239lb this morning
Also, it seems to be fat rather than lean mass, according to the clever weighing scale.

wow also amazing result .... do you also have a goal weight ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
wow also amazing result .... do you also have a goal weight ?
Not really, just want to get some of the weight off which has accumulated eating a high carb diet to lower cholesterol - I put on weight so fast and so easily. I could easily lose another 90lb - that is there is 90 lb more of me than when I was in my 20s, so I will probably just keep on low carbing and see where I get to. Although I am being very strict about the things I eat I do not seem to need to restrict the quantity of them, not to the extent of being hungry at any time.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
also very fine results.. it is fantastic we are doing it... I have only been able to loose after learning of low carb high fat.. and low calorie at the same time

I was 112 kg at the most and now weigh 85kg... want to be about 67kg when reaching my goal, maybe a little more as I´ll try to gain muscle at the same time I am loosing fat
I use most of the tools in my bag to try and achieve my goal. LCHF, IF, & checking calories vs exercise using myfitnesspal.

I have found my BG is now generally under control, my BP is coming down, my resting heart rate has dropped about 10bpm from unfit to good for my age.

TBH I have turned this into a hobby with all the gadgets, apps and stats i have accumulated

Reactions: Prem51 and geefull

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I didn't post last Friday as I was away in Spain. But today I'm 143 lbs. one pound more than the previous 4 weeks. I put it down to eating more while I was away, half a bottle of Rioja every night, and not walking so much.
I'll try to get back to 142 lbs by next Friday.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well this morning was back down to 11St 2Lb lost the three pounds I had put on.

Don't expect to be the same tomorrow though as took daughter and myself out for a meal today as GS and wife have been out for for their respective works, Christmas do in the week previous and didn't want her or I to miss out had a three course meal including a totally diabetes unfriendly pudding. Pushed my BG level up to the highest its been in months so I dread to think what the scales will say tomorrow. :angelic:.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning . Events overtook me yesterday so no morning bs or weight. I'm back on track today. Was 159lbs now 157lbs so down 2 lbs. :)

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
12/12 Not weighed for over a week or more, having had ten days off, eating out at Marlborough wineries and testing their wares. Blood readings higher as would be expected but only put on 3kg , or am I deluded. See what tomorrow brings after I get back into a routine and start walking again. I've never set a goal but think I will aim for 90kgs so "only" have 13 kgs to go and Christmas in only two weeks off.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Weighed myself today on my new scale-185 lbs on this scale. It said 190 last week. I will have my official doctor's weigh in next week-which was 185 lbs last time three months ago. Gym scale said 187 today and 190 last month. I would like to lose 5 lbs on each of them, within a few weeks. Goal is 81.8 kg (180 lbs).

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on a par with you. I started at 134kg at beginning of September. I just weighed in 107.8kg.

Legs are aching a bit from all the walking i now do. A price worth paying IMHO.
Golly, brilliant success:D. Keep staggering about. Hahaha

Reactions: Liam1955

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoop de doo!!
239lb this morning
Whoop de doo indeed :p:joyful:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use most of the tools in my bag to try and achieve my goal. LCHF, IF, & checking calories vs exercise using myfitnesspal.

I have found my BG is now generally under control, my BP is coming down, my resting heart rate has dropped about 10bpm from unfit to good for my age.

TBH I have turned this into a hobby with all the gadgets, apps and stats i have accumulated
I'm a bit like you. My friends and family laugh because I always seem to have a project on the go. I just had no idea my latest one would be diabetes and lifelong .:rolleyes:. Still I feel blessed to have found you guys. Wouldn't have wanted to be doing this 15 or so years ago.....

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't post last Friday as I was away in Spain. But today I'm 143 lbs. one pound more than the previous 4 weeks. I put it down to eating more while I was away, half a bottle of Rioja every night, and not walking so much.
I'll try to get back to 142 lbs by next Friday.
I'd say only putting on a pound whilst away was a result!:). I've allowed myself a kg for Christmas!!!:D

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well this morning was back down to 11St 2Lb lost the three pounds I had put on.

Don't expect to be the same tomorrow though as took daughter and myself out for a meal today as GS and wife have been out for for their respective works, Christmas do in the week previous and didn't want her or I to miss out had a three course meal including a totally diabetes unfriendly pudding. Pushed my BG level up to the highest its been in months so I dread to think what the scales will say tomorrow. :angelic:.
Well done. Are we still looking to loose, or sort of balance around 11st xx?

Reactions: Liam1955